11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6466|behind my rifle
so ive noticed, as any mod or game that this has its bads and goods. when ever i try to play the gulf of OMAN WAC 16 players, on single player it crashes, so watch out. post here for other known bugs so people can see them and fix them if at all possible
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6657|Washington DC

While playing on Al Basrah at as a gunner in the Cobra, I noticed at first that the fire controls were behaving differently than BF2.  Specifically, the cannon was not operating.

So, I switch to TV mode and I see that in TV mode there is a missile and a cannon cross hairs (????), that I believe alternate with the right mouse button (can't recall).   So, I begin firing the cannon, but it WILL NOT stop.  The ammo keeps showing 750 then 749 then 750 then 749.  I will tap the right mouse to get to TV missile, but it jumps me right back to the "TV" cannon (by the way, all I'm seeing is the B&W interface with the machine gun animation).  I'm trying every keyboard stroke I know to get out of the loop (even "E") but nothing seems to be working.    Just non-stop cannon fire.

Over VOIP, my pilot starts saying "Ummm ... hound? Like that cannon a little too much?" 

The only way I could escape was to press "ESC" and disconnect from the game.
tupla_s
+455|6599|Finland

OrangeHound wrote:

While playing on Al Basrah at as a gunner in the Cobra, I noticed at first that the fire controls were behaving differently than BF2.  Specifically, the cannon was not operating.

So, I switch to TV mode and I see that in TV mode there is a missile and a cannon cross hairs (????), that I believe alternate with the right mouse button (can't recall).   So, I begin firing the cannon, but it WILL NOT stop.  The ammo keeps showing 750 then 749 then 750 then 749.  I will tap the right mouse to get to TV missile, but it jumps me right back to the "TV" cannon (by the way, all I'm seeing is the B&W interface with the machine gun animation).  I'm trying every keyboard stroke I know to get out of the loop (even "E") but nothing seems to be working.    Just non-stop cannon fire.

Over VOIP, my pilot starts saying "Ummm ... hound? Like that cannon a little too much?" 

Did you have pilot kit? Happened to me ones too when I didn't have it
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6657|Washington DC

tupla_s wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

While playing on Al Basrah  ....
Do you?  I didn't, but at the same time I didn't see that in any of the guides ... I thought the pilot kit was needed (a) to pilot and/or (b) if you want a chute.   BTW, I was in the same squad as my pilot, which I know is a gunner requirement.

I just noticed on the PR site that they are aware of a problem with the Cobra gunner, similar to what I described.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6356|Belfast

11sog_raider wrote:

so ive noticed, as any mod or game that this has its bads and goods. when ever i try to play the gulf of OMAN WAC 16 players, on single player it crashes, so watch out. post here for other known bugs so people can see them and fix them if at all possible
yah i get that too
-=[MDK]=-MrBojangles
Bullet Sponge
+4|6686
CTD mostly on Chinese maps, Mao Valley most of all.  Al Basrah lags everyone, everytime, always

No issue with any other mod / BF2

Oh and to orangehoud, you need a pilot kit to be in a cobra no matter gunner or Pilot
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6335|105 RVK

OrangeHound wrote:

tupla_s wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

While playing on Al Basrah  ....
Do you?  I didn't, but at the same time I didn't see that in any of the guides ... I thought the pilot kit was needed (a) to pilot and/or (b) if you want a chute.   BTW, I was in the same squad as my pilot, which I know is a gunner requirement.

I just noticed on the PR site that they are aware of a problem with the Cobra gunner, similar to what I described.
To operate in anything that goes in the air = Pilot
your bad but not the mod itself.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6398

-=[MDK]=-MrBojangles wrote:

CTD mostly on Chinese maps, Mao Valley most of all.  Al Basrah lags everyone, everytime, always

No issue with any other mod / BF2

Oh and to orangehoud, you need a pilot kit to be in a cobra no matter gunner or Pilot
Mao Valley CTD's for me as soon as it loads in singleplayer.  No error message, just the loading screen disappears and up comes my desktop.
masterofflama
+19|6592|European Battlefield Command
the single player don't work in PR 0.5, it was left in game by accident
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6670|under there hayousaidunderwear

masterofflama wrote:

the single player don't work in PR 0.5, it was left in game by accident
It works fine for me
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6293|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
For some reason, whenever I try to spawn at a rally point, it sends me back to the main base, such as Road at Helmand Province.
tupla_s
+455|6599|Finland

Undetected_Killer wrote:

For some reason, whenever I try to spawn at a rally point, it sends me back to the main base, such as Road at Helmand Province.
You need to pick your own squads rally point, otherwise it just sends you to the main flag
t0mhank5
+319|6719|Surge
i CTD as soon as i click on Mulltiplayer..do i have to reinstall?
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6670|under there hayousaidunderwear

t0mhank5 wrote:

i CTD as soon as i click on Mulltiplayer..do i have to reinstall?
Probably.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6497|Gogledd Cymru

most of these issues have been fixed especially major lag reduction on maps, the cobra situation described above and server issues on extraction mode. these were fixed in the server files released last week sometime
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6466|behind my rifle
i found a glich, only happened once, but i had my m4 carbine on al basra and i clicked to bring my sights up. and it was all grey, with the red dot in the middle. like no sights or i couldnt see anything jsut greay with the red dot.

Last edited by 11sog_raider (2007-03-08 20:37:36)

henno13
+230|6356|Belfast
thats "bleeding"
correct me if im wrong
oh yeah 2 things
1. WHY on Muttrah City, could u be able to walk on the friggin water near the boats
2. since 0.509, Muttrah City crashes ALOT
Giant_Squid500
+5|6679|U.S.A.
I can only seem to play two single player maps. Compton and the Airport. Any other map will crash to desktop as soon as I hit "Join Game".  And in order for me to get the two maps to work, I have to put my graphics pretty low.

Is this just a single player problem, or does multiplayer have this problem too.
henno13
+230|6356|Belfast
u can play compton?
compton crashes for me
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6530|the Netherlands
the map where MEC spwns at construction site ,usmc have ESSEX and move littlebirds to DOCK and MARKET ...

well i seem to FALL as MEC when i SPAWN at CONSTRUCTION site and reduces my health BADLY !!.. i get killed ...spwn again ..FALL ..get killed ...spwn ...FALL get killed  ...etc etc 

PR = OK
Giant_Squid500
+5|6679|U.S.A.
I found that my problems seem to be in the Single Player game only since I can load any map for multiplayer just fine.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6540|Cardiff
i notice on muttrah some times if im playing as pilot and i need to repair my LB it wont start repairing till i have left the LB and jumped back in.  i can still get ammo back when this happens tho.  i have also notice this problem in al-basrah in the BH's too
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6540|Cardiff
i noticed on streets last night that there was a dude running around that wasnt showing up on the radar, so i killed him obv.  then i find out he's on the same side.

weird i thought, then he must have spawned again near by, he was at quite a long range when i first saw him, so i spotted first....got a red dot on the mini-map radar thing.  i thought there must have been a RP near by so i shot and him again...only to get a team wounding warning. 

also his name didnt show up when i hovered the cross hair over him.  i've never seen this happen in vanilla or pr b4 so i thought i'd let u know.  also there is a building glitch on streets but i dont want every nub and his dog to find out what it is because i dont know if its well known yet. fingers crossed no one else finds it.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5943
lol i crash every time i play insurgency... sometimies i ctd before i finish loading, sometimes when i press join... anyways its a 100% chance of crash can any1 tell me why? kashan desert runs pretty well after all...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard