lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

Marconius wrote:

*whistles and walks in*

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic … 87,00.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 … mage_x.htm

Most of the radicals base their hatred and actions around the poverty forced upon them due to the constant warring in their tribal regions.  They'll tie all of the events to prose from the Qu'ran, and naturally impoverished people who are looking for answers won't know any better and will just sign on up.  This is actually shown fairly well in the movie Syriana.  Islam can be oppressive if the ruling clerics decide to enforce radical dogma on the believers in their region; people can be swayed in many different ways when it comes down to the root level of their faith.  The ultimate idea of Islam, though, is that of peace.
2 very good articles Marconious.

Your paragraph offers reasons for the Muslim violence, it however, does not deny it.

What about Gadahfi? He the only one with visions of a Islamic domination, as suggested then ignored by the others?

If there is one thing that irritates me to know end, it is hit and run tactics like those that are used in this thread. Once again when cornered they sucker punch with insults then haul ass. Oh well,

Marconious your 2 articles were very interesting reading, and clearly shows the uphill battle Muslims face to try and rebuild their PR image. I still feel their image is self imposed however.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

Stingray24 wrote:

Wow, round 26 and lowing is still taking all.   *plays Rocky theme*
You obviously haven't been following matters very closely. Lowing obliterated on all fronts requiring a) facts, b) dictionaries or c) logic and reason.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6582|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

lowing wrote:

Your paragraph offers reasons for the Muslim violence, it however, does not deny it.

What about Gadahfi? He the only one with visions of a Islamic domination, as suggested then ignored by the others?

If there is one thing that irritates me to know end, it is hit and run tactics like those that are used in this thread. Once again when cornered they sucker punch with insults then haul ass. Oh well,

Marconious your 2 articles were very interesting reading, and clearly shows the uphill battle Muslims face to try and rebuild their PR image. I still feel their image is self imposed however.
You are a WUM.

27 pages of argument and counter argument can hardly be described as "hit and run".  Moe like a boxer who's been hit several times but doesn't know when to throw in the towel (that's you lowing BTW).

I do find it cute though that you've mistook our apathy now from going round in circles for you 'winning the argument'.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

lowing wrote:

I will be here waiting for your proof that Islam is peaceful and tolerant, and not oppressive, including in the majority of the ME culture as you all claim.

Oh and don't forget to prove your claim that Gadahfi's words are isolated to himself and not a wide spread sentiment amongst other Muslim leaders
Well given the statistics regarding the kind of numbers of Muslim people involved in terrorism you haven't got a toenail to stand on with your assertion that Islam is not peaceful. I'll agree that it needs to become more tolerant in realms of female and homosexual rights though.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 00:17:32)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

27 pages of argument and counter argument can hardly be described as "hit and run".  Moe like a boxer who's been hit several times but doesn't know when to throw in the towel (that's you lowing BTW).

I do find it cute though that you've mistook our apathy now from going round in circles for you 'winning the argument'.
Exactly - lowing gets decimated with a post of hard facts then half a day later he'll be back to post the same shit again as if the slamdunk counter-posts never existed, conveniently avoiding the reality of the weakness of his pointlessly intolerant argument.

After my lengthy debate with him I've got him down to one remaining point - he has reduced his argument simply to 'Islam is not a peaceful religion', which quite frankly all of the evidence points against. He's the kind of guy who would describe a nation of a hundred people as a 'nation of thieves' if one of their number was a thief!!! lol

Reality and statistics are not lowings friend.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 00:23:03)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

lowing wrote:

It is so very funny how "1%" can turn a world on its ass ain't it? Is there any other "1%" that can have such an impact on global affairs?? Equally amusing is how the other "99%" can not do anything about it. Less sit back and watch.
My life is completely normal and not impacted upon by the actions of these tiny minority. Most people, even most American people, have lives that are not affected in any way, shape or form by terrorism. Comparing number of incidents to length of time and spread of activity I think you'll find you have an infinitely higher chance of getting run over by a bus than ever having to confront any form of terrorism. Shoddy airport and airplane security and opportunism on their part helped shock the global economy, which REBOUNDED STRONGLY to better than it was doing beforehand. The US media likes to overplay the threat to us because it suits certain agendas. When was the last time even a sniff of a terrorist act took place in the US? Well the reason is because they pretty much never happen anyway! Twice in 10 years and pretty much never before that is not a 'world turned upside down'. You guys are such panic merchants. Get some fucking balls and a dose of reality.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 00:33:56)

mikkel
+383|6633
Why is this thread such an event? It's about a government pandering to the politically correct. Not really the most unimaginable thing you could think of. Whether you think it's appeasement or something else is really up to interpretation.

Alternatively, we could petition for a dictionary subforum.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6355|New Haven, CT

mikkel wrote:

Why is this thread such an event? It's about a government pandering to the politically correct. Not really the most unimaginable thing you could think of. Whether you think it's appeasement or something else is really up to interpretation.

I'll sign that.
PureFodder
+225|6317

lowing wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Gadhafi speaks for all Muslims in the same way that McCarthy speaks for all Americans.
Thaty would be fantastic but are you willing to tell me that it is ONLY Gadhafi that speaks like this??? DO I really really need to add more to the list with more quotes from other Islamic leaders?? DO I really need to do that? Or are you willing to concede right now that it isn't ONLY Gadhafi that talks of such things?
Well if you think it's the majority of Muslims who think this, then you've done Gadhafi, you have about 549,999,999 more Muslims to implicate before you can claim it's a majority. Good luck with that.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324666,00.html

http://digg.com/world_news/Afghan_Stude … inst_Islam

Peace...
Most impoverished and backward nation on earth, decimated first by the USSR and then by the US, currently a live warzone being 'rebuilt' by NATO. Is it any wonder the place is prehistoric. Not exactly your typical muslim country. GG.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 02:10:05)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

lowing wrote:

This thread was hot and heavy right up to the point where I asked them to prove Islam was a peaceful tolerant, and unoppressive religion especially in the MAJORITY ME.
And then I proved that it was a peaceful religion, but that it had tolerance issues.

How come 8 million people visit Egypt each year without hassle, incidents of terrorism being practically non-existent (once in a blue moon)?

How come 5.42 million people visited the UAE in 2004 without being 'slayed' by the 'barbaric' Muslims?

Why aren't the 21 million people who visit Turkey annually 'put to the sword'?

2.5 million people visited Morocco in 2003 - how did they escape alive???

Latest Homicide Rates By Nation Per 100,000 inhabitants:

Pakistan - 6.86
USA - 5.9
Palestine - 4.4
Yemen - 3.98
Turkey - 3.83
Iran - 2.93
Azerbaijan - 2.41
Malaysia - 2.36
United Kingdon - 2.03
Algeria - 1.39
Tunisia - 1.22
Syria - 1.14
Kuwait - 0.99
Bahrain - 0.98
Saudi Arabia - 0.92
Qatar - 0.77
UAE - 0.63
Oman - 0.59
Morocco - 0.47

Congrats: you beat Pakistan.

Face it lowing: every argument you've made has been pretty darned lame. The above are unavoidable hard facts completely fucking your argument over.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 03:27:18)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6703|UK
I don't know why you bother Cam.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6748

CameronPoe wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324666,00.html

http://digg.com/world_news/Afghan_Stude … inst_Islam

Peace...
Most impoverished and backward nation on earth, decimated first by the USSR and then by the US, currently a live warzone being 'rebuilt' by NATO. Is it any wonder the place is prehistoric. Not exactly your typical muslim country. GG.
So it's acceptable for you that this young guy gets killed for downloading something anti muslim(the religion of peace)...?
You're a warped dude... lol
Love is the answer
CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

So it's acceptable for you that this young guy gets killed for downloading something anti muslim(the religion of peace)...?
You're a warped dude... lol
I said it was acceptable? Try READING WHAT I ACTUALLY WRITE for a change. It's deplorable. You fucking people read what you want to read you really do.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

lowing wrote:

You are a WUM.

I find it cute that you view this thread as me being the only one contributing to the 27 pages...arguing and counter arguing
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

I will be here waiting for your proof that Islam is peaceful and tolerant, and not oppressive, including in the majority of the ME culture as you all claim.

Oh and don't forget to prove your claim that Gadahfi's words are isolated to himself and not a wide spread sentiment amongst other Muslim leaders
Well given the statistics regarding the kind of numbers of Muslim people involved in terrorism you haven't got a toenail to stand on with your assertion that Islam is not peaceful. I'll agree that it needs to become more tolerant in realms of female and homosexual rights though.
Uhhhhh not just terrorism there Cam, we are going with NON-viloent and peaceful religion,especially throughout the ME. How do those numbers look now?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Exactly - lowing gets decimated with a post of hard facts then half a day later he'll be back to post the same shit again as if the slamdunk counter-posts never existed, conveniently avoiding the reality of the weakness of his pointlessly intolerant argument.

After my lengthy debate with him I've got him down to one remaining point - he has reduced his argument simply to 'Islam is not a peaceful religion', which quite frankly all of the evidence points against. He's the kind of guy who would describe a nation of a hundred people as a 'nation of thieves' if one of their number was a thief!!! lol

Reality and statistics are not lowings friend.
Again No Cam, my orginal argument that GB is appeasing the Muslim community with its spin doctoring stands, as defined. THe other argument is a direct challenge to YOU saying that Islam is a peaceful religion, which it most certainly is not.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

lowing wrote:

Uhhhhh not just terrorism there Cam, we are going with NON-viloent and peaceful religion,especially throughout the ME. How do those numbers look now?
The numbers are as per the murder statistics I printed and the safe passage of millions of tourists in and out of the middle east every year.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 03:45:38)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

lowing wrote:

Again No Cam, my orginal argument that GB is appeasing the Muslim community with its spin doctoring stands, as defined. THe other argument is a direct challenge to YOU saying that Islam is a peaceful religion, which it most certainly is not.
'As defined'? I think we came to the conlusion that your definition was just an inappropriate use of the term appeasement to use its negative connotations to mask the fact that what the Brits are doing actually has a positive effect and costs nothing. Political correctness for the common good.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 03:48:11)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is so very funny how "1%" can turn a world on its ass ain't it? Is there any other "1%" that can have such an impact on global affairs?? Equally amusing is how the other "99%" can not do anything about it. Less sit back and watch.
My life is completely normal and not impacted upon by the actions of these tiny minority. Most people, even most American people, have lives that are not affected in any way, shape or form by terrorism. Comparing number of incidents to length of time and spread of activity I think you'll find you have an infinitely higher chance of getting run over by a bus than ever having to confront any form of terrorism. Shoddy airport and airplane security and opportunism on their part helped shock the global economy, which REBOUNDED STRONGLY to better than it was doing beforehand. The US media likes to overplay the threat to us because it suits certain agendas. When was the last time even a sniff of a terrorist act took place in the US? Well the reason is because they pretty much never happen anyway! Twice in 10 years and pretty much never before that is not a 'world turned upside down'. You guys are such panic merchants. Get some fucking balls and a dose of reality.
Twice in 10 years?? Wow now there is a tip toe through the ole' history books. Most Americans were not affected by 911? That is a pretty good one as well. lol.

Your mastery of spin and downplaying world events in order to cover for your tolerance of this religion and its activities baffle me? Are you their defense attorney or something?

It is also amusing that you Cameronpoe, just your ordinary everyday non-assuming citizen finds himself being interviewed on stage by Al-Jazeera.

Yeah, that sort of thing happens to all us average Joes' over hear as well. As a matter of fact I can't piss without having to grant an interview about world affairs to the media.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

mikkel wrote:

pandering=appeasement in the context of this OP, for the sake of insuring warm fuzzies to keep a volitile religious group in check, My point for the OP
CameronPoe
+2,925|6587

lowing wrote:

Twice in 10 years?? Wow now there is a tip toe through the ole' history books. Most Americans were not affected by 911? That is a pretty good one as well. lol.
How does terrorism affect your wife and childrens daily life lowing? Do they have to run to the basement in 'anti-terror' drills? Do they have to avoid public transport for fear of bombs? Do they have to make forays into public places short and swift for fear of attack? You make me laugh!

lowing wrote:

Your mastery of spin and downplaying world events in order to cover for your tolerance of this religion and its activities baffle me? Are you their defense attorney or something?
I am tolerant of all religions lowing - and that's a good thing. The problem is you blame 9/11 on a religion when you should be blaming it on a small group of insane people led by a man who has a personal grudge against the US for reasons unreligious. It is difficult to argue with someone who shows such willful disregard for the finer details of matters. As I said before - you're the kind of guy who calls all people with black hair thieves just because less than 1% of happen to have stolen something or contemplated stealing something.

lowing wrote:

It is also amusing that you Cameronpoe, just your ordinary everyday non-assuming citizen finds himself being interviewed on stage by Al-Jazeera.
Yeah, that sort of thing happens to all us average Joes' over hear as well. As a matter of fact I can't piss without having to grant an interview about world affairs to the media.
I wasn't on stage lowing. They e-mailed me, I e-mailed back. In case you hadn't notice Al Jazeera is pretty much a British TV station these days. They read out my e-mail. Whoop-de-doo. Frankly I don't see the relevance to the OP or the arguments here: perhaps you are trying your by-now-infamous 'dancing around the argument for lack of a decent retort'.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 03:59:20)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

This thread was hot and heavy right up to the point where I asked them to prove Islam was a peaceful tolerant, and unoppressive religion especially in the MAJORITY ME.
And then I proved that it was a peaceful religion, but that it had tolerance issues.

How come 8 million people visit Egypt each year without hassle, incidents of terrorism being practically non-existent (once in a blue moon)?

How come 5.42 million people visited the UAE in 2004 without being 'slayed' by the 'barbaric' Muslims?

Why aren't the 21 million people who visit Turkey annually 'put to the sword'?

2.5 million people visited Morocco in 2003 - how did they escape alive???

Latest Homicide Rates By Nation Per 100,000 inhabitants:

Pakistan - 6.86
USA - 5.9
Palestine - 4.4
Yemen - 3.98
Turkey - 3.83
Iran - 2.93
Azerbaijan - 2.41
Malaysia - 2.36
United Kingdon - 2.03
Algeria - 1.39
Tunisia - 1.22
Syria - 1.14
Kuwait - 0.99
Bahrain - 0.98
Saudi Arabia - 0.92
Qatar - 0.77
UAE - 0.63
Oman - 0.59
Morocco - 0.47

Congrats: you beat Pakistan.

Face it lowing: every argument you've made has been pretty darned lame. The above are unavoidable hard facts completely fucking your argument over.
Yeah Cam, hard to count legal murders in the ME as a murder stat when  a woman can legal get killed for looking at another man when her husband said not to or some stupid shit like that.

Post the source lets take a look. Becasue I know how hard it is to manipulate faxcts to read whatever you want.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6683|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

'As defined'? I think we came to the conlusion that your definition was just an inappropriate use of the term appeasement to use its negative connotations to mask the fact that what the Brits are doing actually has a positive effect and costs nothing. Political correctness for the common good.
No! you arrogant piece of work........YOU came to that conclusion, not WE!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard