ATI or NVIDIA???

Ati33%33% - 31
Nvidia65%65% - 60
Other1%1% - 1
Total: 92
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6797|Rotherham, England
I have seen a thread about ati owning nvidia but this is slightly different.
I have just bought a x1900xt this month and i think it really kicks ass, but i also liked my 6800gt from nvidia which i just upgraded from.
Thing is i dont like the ATI catalyst control center and i had to download third party software(ATI tray tools), which makes me slightly angry at ATI as when you spend that type of money on a product you dont expect to have to mess around with it.
Also ATI's drivers suck. I have seen numerous threads on other forums about how bf2 looks much worse with ATI and also has graphical issues, such as getting no Anti Aliasing or getting shadow corruption on vehicles.

So what do you think, ATI or NVIDIA???
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754
its more of a personel preference, but i say nvidia since they pwn in gaming, and has better drivers and that kinda shit
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6792
Eh, i got a X850XT for around $125 bucks new the other day, So i said ATI. God bless going out of business sales
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6886|-
Personally I have owned both and they both have their ups and downs. nVidia has great hardware, but the drivers can be a little buggy at times. ATi has okay/not so great hardware, but their drivers are top-notch. Like previously stated, it's all about personal choice.
Gabbo
+1|6736
Nvidia All The Way
<b|k> lukie
+7|6760|Germany
I had 2 NVs and 1 Ati. Performance pole position changes often between them. So i take the best one not regarding which company the card is from. Drivers were satisfactory for both. But i've heared ATI has no Linux driver support.
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6766|Australia
Im voting all but other
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754
dont really matter about the best brand new card, coz we aint got the money
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6824
Just completely upgraded my system and got a 1900XT, which I'll be putting together in the next couple of days.  From what I heard its extremely good so heres hoping it kicks ass. 
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754

Paladus902 wrote:

Just completely upgraded my system and got a 1900XT, which I'll be putting together in the next couple of days.  From what I heard its extremely good so heres hoping it kicks ass. 
it will kick ass, ive seen the benchmarks and its awsome
AuSFinN
+1|6727
I would go for vNidia. The 7800GTX is the best on the market. Ill have it in my new PC in about 1.2 weeks!!
Reason
+0|6688|Virginia Beach, VA
I love my BFG Tech 7800 256mb GT OC. Fawker is hella l337.
doxy
+74|6828|Nevis
i think it is the old question, which one to choose: mercedes or bmw, ferrari or porsche, lamborghini or koenigsegg. its all up to the personel experience the individual has.
sapoisk
+0|6711
your all forgetting one importent thing when looking at GFXs today.. price range.. since ati and nvidia are so close the only way to advice for the best option is to know witch price range we are talking about.. if its the topline cards then nvidia will kick ati but if we are going down you can surely find ati cards that will kick nvidias behind..

though i read someone mention drivers and that ati was the best in that area.. bullshit and lyes.. NO ONE makes better drivers for GFXs than nvidia.. talk with the top OC ppl in the world and they will tell you the same.. the catalyst drivers can go suck themself compared to the forceware drivers.. tweaking options are 5 leagues higher on forceware drivers than on catalyst.. i would support this with links if i had the time but at work so it wont be now atleast.. i might come back later with links..

but overall nvidia is the way to go if you want to get the best of the best.. sry ATI guys but thats just how the world is atm.. ATI had they time.. now Nvidia will take the lead the next few years..
sapoisk
+0|6711
ohh yeah and btw another thing i forgot.. when talking about BF2 then nvidia cards got an advantage over ATI since BF2 is made for running on nvidia cards roughtly said..

if you take two cards one from ati and one from nvidia with exact same specs (if it was possible but now we take it in logic) the nvidia card will beat the ati..

thats also something to take into consideration...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754
ati drivers suck, but hardware is better. Nvidia hardware is pretty damn good and drivers pwn. which to choose? nvidia of course and its bf2 supported
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6882|Waikato, Aotearoa
Depends on what you want to use them for. For gamers i would seriously recommend the Nvidia GeForce series, for web designers and CAD users, then ATI would be the way to go.
I did a post before in the Tech Section under Video Card choice, Page 2.
Maj.Do
+85|6790|good old CA

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Paladus902 wrote:

it will kick ass, ive seen the benchmarks and its awsome
it came in today!!!!!!!!! well for me.  On valentines day 2.  Man i cant wait to bench it in Fear and Quake 4.  Might oc it who knows.  I cant wait  : ) must finish work though :  \
psychotoxic187
+11|6747

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Depends on what you want to use them for. For gamers i would seriously recommend the Nvidia GeForce series, for web designers and CAD users, then ATI would be the way to go.
Sorry, but you are way off. If you're doing CAD, there's no way in hell you'll be wasting money on any of the ATI, or Nvidia series, :ie x1900, and 7800, and below. You will be investing into a workstation card like the quadro card like this one. Point is these cards are made for games exclusively, you people need to stop saying they are for web designers, and video encoding.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … ;CatId=320
Maj.Do
+85|6790|good old CA
The newest quadro uses a 7800 GTX chip right?
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6713|Planet Seibertron ;)

sapoisk wrote:

ohh yeah and btw another thing i forgot.. when talking about BF2 then nvidia cards got an advantage over ATI since BF2 is made for running on nvidia cards roughtly said..

if you take two cards one from ati and one from nvidia with exact same specs (if it was possible but now we take it in logic) the nvidia card will beat the ati..

thats also something to take into consideration...
But here's the odd part... let's assume for the sake of example that it does run better on nVIDIA hardware... but why exclude GeForce4 owners?  I distinctively remember a big ruckus over the GeForce4 dealie when a Radeon 8500, a card that's slower but supported, can run BF2.  The deal with shader seems a little unimportant to me since there are some methods of backward compatibility when it comes to older shader language hardwares.  So a lot of you might say "But nobody's going to run BF2 on GeForce4 hardware."  That's true.  Not many would.  But excluding a hardware class that is very well capable of handling a game like BF2 is a little disappointing.  It was mentioned that the GeForce4 runs faster than the Radeon 8500.  If this is true, I'm baffled by the exclusion of an entire generation of hardware that is very well capable of running.  Let us not forget that the GeForce4 class of hardware has similar and better specs than even the Xbox's GPU, which was originally based on GeForce3 hardware with one or two small additions to the core design.

Well enough of my blabber.  As for my vote... None!  I use either hardware.  I do like nVIDIA's SLI concept over ATi's Crossfire and I do prefer nVIDIA's drivers over ATi's Catalyst... but I usually choose my hardware based on how they perform under various games, conditions, as well as price.  Drivers from either side are rock solid.  However, ATi needs to do better in that department for controlling and setting options for the drivers.  ATi also needs to improve on their Crossfire concept to not require a Master card.  But other than that, either are seemingly on par.
Clarity
+1|6695
I have never managed to get catalyst control center to work, ever.  That is pretty sad considering my machine uses pretty standard hardware from branded manufacturers.  ATI seem to have an endge in speed but Nvidia are getting cards on the shelves so I pick Nvidia. 

No point making the fastest card if you can't sell them in quantity....
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6882|Waikato, Aotearoa

psychotoxic187 wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Sorry, but you are way off. If you're doing CAD, there's no way in hell you'll be wasting money on any of the ATI, or Nvidia series, :ie x1900, and 7800, and below. You will be investing into a workstation card like the quadro card like this one. Point is these cards are made for games exclusively, you people need to stop saying they are for web designers, and video encoding.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … ;CatId=320
I am still right. Nvidia IS better than ATI when it comes to games
Maj.Do
+85|6790|good old CA
why does every1 keep saying that lol! there both good who cares : )
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6885|North Texas

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

I am still right. Nvidia IS better than ATI when it comes to games
Do you know why that is for some games? Because Nvidia pays the game developers to make the games work better with their products. Why do you think all these games come bundled with NVidia spam??

This is an endless argument. Meh..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard