maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6816
i know most of you know how to build your pc, but some people like me doesn't know $h!t sbouth computers, so can someone tell me a company that builds good gaming pc (besides alienware)
thank you!
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6792
Honestly, i didn't know anything about computers until i decided i wanted to build one about 4 months ago. How much i learned in the 1st week was amazing. It's really pretty easy. If you are good at working with your hands, you can build a computer. I know i didn't answer your question, because i really don't know of a company that specializes in building gaming PCs. However, if you want to build your own, check out this link. It's a How-to(a free one too). Makes it very, very simple. Altho it is a little outdated(not much, but a little). It will give you the basics, and show you just how easy it really is.

http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/

EDIT: Here is a forum made entirely around building computers. It's helped me quite a bit.

http://www.ocforums.com/index.php?

Last edited by -=1stInF.|Slappey (2006-02-13 00:09:11)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754
cyborg_ninjas pc co . In taiwan u can get custom built pc's if u buy parts from them, and they'll build it for u w/ no extra charge, or sumtimes 3 usd for uber 1337 heatsinks like mine (check out my rig at the post ur rig thread). but for companies that build gaming pc, i would say dell. good service and free shit
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6696|Sydney, Australia
Alienware...

www.alienware.com
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6739
Dell? DELL?! Thank you but I'd rather my gaming pc didnt come with "free aol internet" and all that other BS dell puts on their pcs. You practically have to format and start over just to get an untainted computer.

If money isnt an issue for you then alienware or falcon northwest are the way to go. A couple others are cyberpowerinc and voodoo pc, though alot of the high end computer manufacturers will charge you out the ass for the priveledge of constructing your computer. Cyberpower was the cheapest manufacturer I found when I was looking for my computer, and the biggest complaint I had was my pc was late because of back ordered parts (and because i ordered in the weeks before christmas...).
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6714|Planet Seibertron ;)
Hmm... I suppose Dell is at least a company that can do something of the sort... but then once a problem comes up, you might as well not bother giving them a call.   I suppose it's good if you want a pretty decent gaming rig for a not-too-bad price.  The only drawback I see is that they're an Intel-only company, so you're limited to Intel processors if you wanted an AMD option.  Mind you, this isn't to say to go with AMD.  Just that you're not given complete control on how the PC ought to be built, especially one that you want to be personally customized to your needs (ie, fast 3D + mid-range CPU + decent RAM + small HD capacity).

Try checking out some local computer shops.  I would assume that all of those local computer shops would have something that lets you build a custom rig for you.  There's about 2 in my local area but I hardly ever go to them for anything (price isn't as good, hehe).  If you find one, walk in or check their website if any and see what're their custom rig options are.  Also check the total system price and compare it to a Dell equivalent.  Take into consideration whether going with them or something more known is worth the money spent.  Also, let us know of where you generally live.  Perhaps there's a gamer near you who knows how to put together a custom rig.

If in the end you decide to go with building one on your own, there are plenty of documents around that can help you get started to learning.  The trick is to simply take your time and be aware of what you're doing.  If you like puzzles, assembling a new computer is just like that.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754

Skruples wrote:

Dell? DELL?! Thank you but I'd rather my gaming pc didnt come with "free aol internet" and all that other BS dell puts on their pcs. You practically have to format and start over just to get an untainted computer.

If money isnt an issue for you then alienware or falcon northwest are the way to go. A couple others are cyberpowerinc and voodoo pc, though alot of the high end computer manufacturers will charge you out the ass for the priveledge of constructing your computer. Cyberpower was the cheapest manufacturer I found when I was looking for my computer, and the biggest complaint I had was my pc was late because of back ordered parts (and because i ordered in the weeks before christmas...).
my dad got the same config custom pc as a dell, but only he found out dell would throw in windows xp for free... but their ram SUX! so i would say buy a pc from me
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6816
thanks guys

skruples are the cyberpower pc really good? because i was really tented to get one, and  maybe i'll get one
Teckademics
+1|6763|Savannah GA
dell and alienware? what a fick to the cock.

dell yeah go get one if you like hardware problems shitty tech support and overheating

then alienware... can we say OVERPRICED? i can build you the same pc for about 300 to 400 less just it wont have that giant ass case.. and by giant its around 2 and a half foot tall and maybe a foot wide.. its fucking huge. and quite ugly..

all and all build your own... if you have ever played with legos a pc is the same way. just lear some basics (its easy) and get to buying parts. www.newegg.com
Adonlude
+2|6817
Ibuypower.com looks good to me.

Just google Gameing PC, youll get tons of hits
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6792

Teckademics wrote:

i can build you the same pc for about 300 to 400 less just it wont have that giant ass case.. and by giant its around 2 and a half foot tall and maybe a foot wide.. its fucking huge. and quite ugly..
LOL, i live by a local computer shop that sells alienware cases, so if someone REALLY wanted one, you can do it all yourself and have it look exactly the same.

Last edited by -=1stInF.|Slappey (2006-02-13 21:47:48)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6732|Howell, Mi USA
I have an Alienware and it's badass
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6734|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
of course they are, they're very good but a few g's overpriced
xXGamingBugXx
+30|6581
Mesh ftw
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754

xXGamingBugXx wrote:

Mesh ftw
bumping ftl
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6616|Florida

Skruples wrote:

And use an OEM version of Windows at that....down with the trial software!  I cant really say which brand I prefer over any.  Dell is pretty common of course, but I would probably vote for maybe one of the XPS versions of Dell if you go with them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard