Poll

If You Could Have Only One, Which One Would You Choose?

My faith18%18% - 35
World Peace81%81% - 153
Total: 188
NantanCochise
+55|6017|Portugal/United States

Reciprocity wrote:

since religion and spirituality are 99% bullshit wrapped in horse shit, I'm all in for world peace.
What! Please dont confuse Spirituality with religion. Religion can be full of shit; but spirituality, if true, cannot be judged by the misunderstandings and knowledge of simple men.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682

sergeriver wrote:

oug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Atheists believe there's no God.
Atheists don't "believe" in the absence of god. They just don't "know" of the existence of any god, and therefore, until some sort of proof is provided for the opposite, act as they would if there wasn't one. At least that's how I feel.
Eh, different words, but similar concept.
you are describing an agnostic.  Atheists do no believe and most likely wont believe it even if its in front your eyes.  Common sense rules the day.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6557|Πάϊ

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

another thread where everyone wants to share with everyone else how much of a championship atheist they are
it's the new hip thing
ƒ³
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6146|Birmingham, UK
World peace is out of the question, for world peace we can have no countries, no money, no leaders, almost like communism, but better, world peace will never, ever happen, humans were meant to fight, and die.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6796|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

oug wrote:

Atheists don't "believe" in the absence of god. They just don't "know" of the existence of any god, and therefore, until some sort of proof is provided for the opposite, act as they would if there wasn't one. At least that's how I feel.
you are describing an agnostic.  Atheists do no believe and most likely wont believe it even if its in front your eyes.  Common sense rules the day.
By saying "atheists believe there's no God" I'm describing an Agnostic?  An Agnostic is a person who hasn't the necessary knowledge to claim there is or not a God.
stef10
+173|6520|Denmark

Kommander_Kale wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Also that the laws of physics will be changed.
  Could.....could i fly?
nah, but you could be turned into a little annoying welshman.
Lai
+186|6189
I don't have faith and I don't have fate in world peace either. Pacifism is like saying someday people won't need oxygen any more.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6038|...

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

By saying "atheists believe there's no God" I'm describing an Agnostic?  An Agnostic is a person who hasn't the necessary knowledge to claim there is or not a God.
and agnostic person says he doesn't know wether there is a god or not.

An atheist knows there is no god.
inane little opines
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6454|Melbourne, Australia

stef10 wrote:

Kommander_Kale wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Also that the laws of physics will be changed.
  Could.....could i fly?
nah, but you could be turned into a little annoying welshman.
I was ready to convert if you told me i could fly....... And welsh i could deal with, only the little bit would get to me. I do so love being tall.
siciliano732
+202|6687|New York
im curious who chose faith besides me.
Lai
+186|6189

siciliano732 wrote:

im curious who chose faith besides me.
I would if I had any and if you count ideals as faith, rather than just religion, I will any time!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6564|South Florida

Reciprocity wrote:

since religion and spirituality are 99% bullshit wrapped in horse shit, I'm all in for world peace.
I've never heard it said better.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Lai
+186|6189

Mitch wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

I've never heard it said better.
And in what would World Peace be wrapped then? Pacifism is as worst as religion as any other and considering that one can't hold a "liberal view" on total pacifism, it's worse! Surely World Peace is a far of as heaven or hell.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6483|The Land of Scott Walker
1st - Faith and peace is not an either/or situation. 

2nd - Peace will not occur on earth until Christ returns. 

3rd - Worship can be exhibited by outward actions, however most of it is internal.  Hence, no way anyone could know if I'm worshiping or not.

4th - How can it be true "peace" if people are forced to renounce their faith?  Sounds more like communist China than peace.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6796|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

3rd - Worship can be exhibited by outward actions, however most of it is internal.  Hence, no way anyone could know if I'm worshiping or not.

4th - How can it be true "peace" if people are forced to renounce their faith?  Sounds more like communist China than peace.
Geez, it's a dilemma, you must choose one.  It doesn't mean it will happen, lol.
mikkel
+383|6639

Stingray24 wrote:

Well, how can a reborn Christ bring "true peace" on a planet where faith in him is a minority, if renouncing faith excludes the possibility of it? Is he just going to magically change the way people see things, and isn't that in itself forcing people?

Last edited by mikkel (2008-01-07 12:58:59)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6796|Argentina

mikkel wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Well, how can a reborn Christ bring "true peace" on a planet where faith in him is a minority, if renouncing faith excludes the possibility of it?
I think the guy will come here and take all the followers to heaven, and the rest of us will go to hell.
mikkel
+383|6639

sergeriver wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Well, how can a reborn Christ bring "true peace" on a planet where faith in him is a minority, if renouncing faith excludes the possibility of it?
I think the guy will come here and take all the followers to heaven, and the rest of us will go to hell.
I can't wait for all this peace!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6796|Argentina

mikkel wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

mikkel wrote:

The devil is gay, I saw that in South Park.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6671|Sin City

Looks like its time for yet another:

https://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8593/biblefightbz0.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6670|949

dayarath wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

and agnostic person says he doesn't know wether there is a god or not.

An atheist knows there is no god.
Atheism in my view isn't necessarily a belief.  It's a lack of belief.  It is not affirming the lack of a god, it is simply refusing to accept a belief in god.  There is a difference.

Atheism is similar to religion in one major way - everyone's interpretation of what it is to be * differs.  In that sense, religion and atheism are more a philosophical question of self than anything else.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6588|CH/BR - in UK

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

In that case I take my claims of atheism back: by that description, i am an agnostic.

-konfusion
Lai
+186|6189

mikkel wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

mikkel wrote:

BBQ!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6483|The Land of Scott Walker

mikkel wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Well, how can a reborn Christ bring "true peace" on a planet where faith in him is a minority, if renouncing faith excludes the possibility of it? Is he just going to magically change the way people see things, and isn't that in itself forcing people?
Renouncing faith would automatically exclude the possibility of a peace made by humanity.  Christ will accomplish peace by restraining evil (Satan) for 1,000 years.  The Bible details this in the Book of Revelation.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6745|67.222.138.85

oug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Atheists don't get to believe in atheism kids.
Atheists believe there's no God.
Atheism is the belief that God does not exist, what you're describing is closer to an agnostic.

Atheism is a religion, or at the very least a cult as much as typical religion is. You can't say if you believe in God anymore you have to give up that belief for world peace, but if you already don't believe in God than you can just go for world peace. Believing there is no God makes just as little sense as believing in God, serge you're just letting your personal views bias your opinions.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard