SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6691|The darkside of Denver
Ok. I have been getting random lock ups on my machine... (typically not when gaming, but simply browsing teh internet or after shutting down and powering back up) When i reboot it asks me to boot with the Vista DVD in the drive and run the repair applications.  It says i have a corrupt boot file.  I can run the repair and then it works fine.  I cant figure out what hardware or software is causing this.  I recently had some bad ram, but the two DIMMS in now check out fine after extensive memtest testing.  Im so sick of this ghost in my machine causing these errors... Im starting to think its just something w/ vista, but I'm beyond the point of confusion!  I am running Vista -64bit.  You can see the rest of my specs in my sig, I am currently only running two gigs of ram till my RMA gets back.  Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

Last edited by <SS>SonderKommando (2007-12-30 18:49:52)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6797|Cambridge (UK)
Use WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows to test your HDDs.

OH, sorry, except it don't say it supports 64bit Vista, so you may need to go with either Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS (Floppy) or Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS (CD)...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-12-30 19:00:44)

Crypto_420
+25|6875|Portland
defrag, if this doesnt help, you may need to do a full format and reinstall vista.  If problem still there then you may need to rebuild the raid setup with new hard drives and or drivers.
prototype
+52|6343
reformat and reinstall windows, then worry if that doesnt fix it
SonderKommando
I reformatted a few days ago, no fix. Tried defragging under old OS installas well.   Im suspecting teh HDD's and Raid array myself. I will try Data Lifeguard.

Last edited by <SS>SonderKommando (2007-12-30 19:11:55)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6797|Cambridge (UK)

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Tried defragging under old OS installas well.
Ah... d'u have XP also installed?

Also, please post the exact error message that you get.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-12-30 21:33:37)

SonderKommando
No, only vista is installed on this array.  Funny thing was when I installed Vista i just kinda installed it over XP on the RAID partition, I didnt have to reinstall the RAID drivers or anything...
Scorpion0x17
+691|6797|Cambridge (UK)

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

No, only vista is installed on this array.  Funny thing was when I installed Vista i just kinda installed it over XP on the RAID partition, I didnt have to reinstall the RAID drivers or anything...
hmm... OK, what's the exact error you get?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard