ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6387|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
My friends and I want to start a website but we aren't really sure what to make the website about.  any suggestions?
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6777|the middle of nowhere
Make "The Worst Page in the Universe."
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6777|the middle of nowhere
Also, how would one go about making a website anyways?

EDIT: Or I'll just google it later.

Last edited by Darkhelmet (2007-12-21 20:02:43)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6617|Reisterstown, MD

Invest in Dreamweaver if you want to do it right.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6785|Denmark

Darkhelmet wrote:

Also, how would one go about making a website anyways?

EDIT: Or I'll just google it later.
first of all you have to decide if you want to pay for it or not.

If free: find a place that you can register a sub domain on.

If paying: find a place that sells domains (and probably also rents out server space), then chose how much you want to pay, aka domain extension (.com, .net, .whatever)...

Then, if you have no experince with any web page creation you can either read about it and/or take some tutorials and use some easy html programs to create a very basic web page.

If you want "quality" and active content such as forums and stuff like that a premade template for a web page can be found a few places which can be "installed" on your domain by (usually) uploading the content of the .zip you have downloaded, and then type your url - you end up at the /install.php (probably, depends on the template), set up some stuff, delete some install files - now live life and just add features through the page itself (no more coding and such) (still depending on the template system being used).

thats the short story of it...

I use my site for uploading some files / backup, I have a forum for my friends and a bunch of other stuff there.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6387|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Well we have some ideas now.  We were wondering about ads.  Are there types of ads that pay by the number of site hits instead of the number of clicks on the actual ad?  So far you guys have been great help, thanks
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6777
You don't need dream weaver to do it right, it depends on what sort of website you are wanting to do. Static HTML, then you could just do it in Notepad/Text Pad/Word Pad, dynamic website using languages such as asp then you could do it in dreamweaver, or if you want to try something like asp.net then you can download this Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition (basically a watered down version of Visual studio.

If you go with asp or asp.net and need anymore help, then let me know as it is my profession.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6742
the theme should be...indecision... or whatever... i cant decide

and .asp isn't a language... VBScript is one way to create active server pages

Dreamweaver is the industry standard... as well as sharepoint by Microshaft...  your best bet is to pick an idea and use a template... Joomla is pretty cool and Wordpress
Love is the answer
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6742
http://www.joomla.org/

http://www.joomlashack.com/

http://wordpress.org/

godaddy is pretty cheap... and you can setup a php database... with the joomla/wordpress site... lots of tutorials out there
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard