Linus
+53|6679
I seen it last week for the 1st time.. but thought it was just a one time glitch, but last
night I seen a whole squad doing it.. and then again this morning..

Theres a building on the Wake Island map (wont mention which one, dont wanna promote
this exploit any more...) where players can get inside.. they can shoot you but you cant
shoot them.. 

Anyone know if this is mentioned in any patch fixes ?  This morning I saw a squad with a
nothing but Support class fools doing this..  after a while they came out on their own..
(30 minutes...)  The game wouldnt end because they were still alive.. kinda sucked..
While their other DEAD teammates waited and waited having no spawn points to come
back with... these 3 guys just stayed in there..

I dont know how it works, but Ive seen it 3 times now..
Lithium
+6|6731
this game is just badly coded nearly everything is an glitch its a known bug i dont explain how they do that but if u know it dont do it u can get caught and reported (lost ur stats)
Shadow_OwNz
+88|6679
yup
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6766
The new patch fixes the way to get in the buildings. But knowing EA there is probably some other glitch like this wairing to be exploited.
[BambiKillerz]Brian
+1|6730
dude its like the karkland glitch do a SEARCH
Shadow_OwNz
+88|6679
There is a spot in Karkand where u go over with a tank and ur tank flys 100 feet in air its wierd
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6736
man now that is cool a 100ft in the air tank, i take it its part of the glitch to get insides buildings if not and its just some random spot that isnt a major n00bish glitch tell me where it is lol i wanna fly in a tank
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6731|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

you can do it at any building anywhere, we were discussing this yesterday...
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6707|S.E. United States
yea I saw the tank do that @karkand...laughed mao
thought I was trippin' or having flashbacks...lol
Shadow_OwNz
+88|6679
To Many People Are Glitching In Hotel Now Since That Video Came Out
ZZOT
+0|6701

JaM3z wrote:

man now that is cool a 100ft in the air tank, i take it its part of the glitch to get insides buildings if not and its just some random spot that isnt a major n00bish glitch tell me where it is lol i wanna fly in a tank
So I'm not the only one who has seen this?  It was really a trip when it happened to me.  I was driving the USMC tank up the road towards the Hotel in Karkand.  Just as I got past the pipes that are on the right hand side of the road the tank jumped 100 feet in the air.  I thought someoone must have placed the mutha of all C4 charges under me, but I didn't die, it was this glitch.  Maybe we should call it the B52 Tank Glitch 'cuz I felt like a B52 pilot when that happened lol.
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6683|Arlington, MA
thats not the only map with that

-there is a glitch with a tank in strike at karand and you can get into a building there.... but the patch is fixing that
AD_Kensan
+7|6811

Lithium wrote:

this game is just badly coded nearly everything is an glitch its a known bug i dont explain how they do that but if u know it dont do it u can get caught and reported (lost ur stats)
Is it so? Obviously you have no idea what it takes to develop a video game let alone a highly sophisticated first person shooter as this one. You have to understand that there is no bug-free software, humans write code and they make mistakes. That's why they keep up the regiment on their development cicle through auditing code, etc and releasing patches.
Just think of all the data your computer must process for you to play this game. Somehow some team from Dice (which developed the game for EA) brought it all together and I find that quite cool.

Now I don't generally line up with such big companies like EA but give them credit where credit is due and don't just bash them just because.

Oh and to say something relevant to the subject: yes this kind of exploit (where you get inside a building, on anymap with any vehicle) will be fixed with the patch that is due the next couple days.

Technical note: the bug has something to do with the collision-detection engine having troubles when you would pull that kind of maneuver (obviously I will not describe it) with the tank.

Grammar nazi note:

Shadow_OwNz wrote:

"Glitching" is not an english word. The noun is glitch which means bug but there is no verb. Use cheating or some similar verb.

Last edited by AD_Kensan (2006-02-08 18:08:44)

-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6813|Rockhampton Qld
i dont play on karkand because of all these crap glitches and noobs there, now looks like wake is another one to stay away from, but must admit i have not seen that one
Shadow_OwNz
+88|6679
Its not only Karkand u can get into a biulding any map if the game....
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6683|Arlington, MA

AD_Kensan wrote:

Lithium wrote:

Is it so? Obviously you have no idea what it takes to develop a video game let alone a highly sophisticated first person shooter as this one. You have to understand that there is no bug-free software, humans write code and they make mistakes. That's why they keep up the regiment on their development cicle through auditing code, etc and releasing patches.
Just think of all the data your computer must process for you to play this game. Somehow some team from Dice (which developed the game for EA) brought it all together and I find that quite cool.

Now I don't generally line up with such big companies like EA but give them credit where credit is due and don't just bash them just because.

Oh and to say something relevant to the subject: yes this kind of exploit (where you get inside a building, on anymap with any vehicle) will be fixed with the patch that is due the next couple days.

Technical note: the bug has something to do with the collision-detection engine having troubles when you would pull that kind of maneuver (obviously I will not describe it) with the tank.

Grammar nazi note:

Shadow_OwNz wrote:

"Glitching" is not an english word. The noun is glitch which means bug but there is no verb. Use cheating or some similar verb.
O PLZ OMG PLZ DO NOT BITCH ABOUT PPLZ GRAMMER OMG PLZ DONT IT IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING PLZ DO NOT I CANT SAY PLZ ENOUPH TIMES PLZ PLZ PLZ ITS JUST A WAY TO SHOW THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING ELS TO TALK ABOUT BUT THAT YOU STILL WANNA TYPE
cohen1976
+14|6793
this can be done on every map on every buiding, not just wake or karkand/
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6716
screw the grammar...............LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH
Chillay-14
+21|6705
penis
I2elik
+12|6778|Perth, Western Australia

sniper2191 wrote:

AD_Kensan wrote:

Lithium wrote:

Grammar nazi note:

Shadow_OwNz wrote:

O PLZ OMG PLZ DO NOT BITCH ABOUT PPLZ GRAMMER OMG PLZ DONT IT IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING PLZ DO NOT I CANT SAY PLZ ENOUPH TIMES PLZ PLZ PLZ ITS JUST A WAY TO SHOW THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING ELS TO TALK ABOUT BUT THAT YOU STILL WANNA TYPE
And I suppose you have something else better to do than contradict yourself and type like a retard?
Wargru
+0|6693|Norway
This can be done anywhere at any map, even with tank, jeep or anything!! simple!
Keep doing it so EA fix this and releas the patch quick!
spank u!
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6708|King's Island

AD_Kensan wrote:

Grammar nazi note:

Shadow_OwNz wrote:

That may be so, now, but how do you think languages evolve?

New words are often invented and used by a sub-culture before the population as a whole use them in speech. After some time they get accepted in print as well, provided people find them useful. Even later they end up in dictionaries.

I have no problem with "to glitch (v) = to exploit a glitch (n)".
Short, useful word that fills a niche: that of desribing *how* they cheat.

BTW, I don't think "glitch" is an Old or even Middle English word;)
StLouisBf2
+-1|6681|St Louis
That Sux
Linus
+53|6679

AD_Kensan wrote:

Lithium wrote:

Grammar nazi note:

Shadow_OwNz wrote:

hey dude,

I could care less what it takes to code a game.... besides, I dont recall the box
saying 'You must have knowledge in coding to play this game'..   so get off your high horse
and quit telling me how hard it is to code.... you know what buddy... you know why the game
costs MONEY?  Its because we are paying the people who made it for their code... not the other
way around, moron.

This game has been out for months and months now, PLENTY of time for them to have released
patches to fix these things.. I have never seen such an unsupported game, and I have played
nearly them all..  I GUARANTEE YOU THAT IF MADDEN 06' HAD A 'BUG' IN IT WHERE BRETT
FAVRE THREW A TOUCHDOWN EVERY TIME YOU CALLED A CERTAIN PLAY IT WOULD HAVE BEEN
FIXED IN .000008 MINUTES AFTER RELEASE.

I dont take my car to a butcher when its out of alignment.. therefore, when this game has problems,.
bugs, etc that affect gameplay, the people who I PAID should fix it, not me.

Heres a tip for you.... when you get old enough and get into high school, DONT JOIN THE DEBATE TEAM.
YOU WILL GET EMBARASSED.

blah blah blah ...'its so hard to code, you dont know how hard it is... ' blah blah, gimme a break dude.

oh, and btw, this game is badly coded... even the DICE team said so in so many words back in October..
saying that so many differant teams worked on the project, they lost handle on the code, and therefore
their ability to fix and tweak became diminished.  Their whole operation is one big cluster-f***.

Last edited by Linus (2006-02-09 08:15:21)

AD_Kensan
+7|6811

Linus wrote:

hey dude,

I could care less what it takes to code a game.... besides, I dont recall the box
saying 'You must have knowledge in coding to play this game'..   so get off your high horse
and quit telling me how hard it is to code.... you know what buddy... you know why the game
costs MONEY?  Its because we are paying the people who made it for their code... not the other
way around, moron.
You are mixing things up. I tell you this because you are assuming EA did not put enough effort into this game so you put it down and call it crappy work which it simply is not. So I never said you need knowledge about coding or anything to play the game.

This game has been out for months and months now, PLENTY of time for them to have released
patches to fix these things.. I have never seen such an unsupported game, and I have played
nearly them all..
I simply do not believe you because if you had played an RPG called Sacred by Ascaron you would know what a real crappy release would look like.

I dont take my car to a butcher when its out of alignment.. therefore, when this game has problems,.
bugs, etc that affect gameplay, the people who I PAID should fix it, not me.
I only asked you to be a little more respectful with EA I never said anything about fixing those bugs yourself. Alas this game is not open source otherwise we all could work on it

Heres a tip for you.... when you get old enough and get into high school, DONT JOIN THE DEBATE TEAM. YOU WILL GET EMBARASSED.
Well I will simply ignore this insult since I am about to graduate from university...

oh, and btw, this game is badly coded... even the DICE team said so in so many words back in October..
saying that so many differant teams worked on the project, they lost handle on the code, and therefore
their ability to fix and tweak became diminished.  Their whole operation is one big cluster-f***.
Do you have a source for this or are you telling something you might have read in some forum?

Now, I never intended to offend you I merely suggested you pay some respect to EA for what they have done and I don't believe that that would classify me as "being on a high horse". People are very quick to jump the "Bash-the-money-sucking-corporation" bandwagon and to some extent I certainly agree but I believe EA is doing a good job on maintaining this game.

Last edited by AD_Kensan (2006-02-09 08:44:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard