wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6509|UK
Your views on them?

Do you think its futile that they have stood in the pouring rain for weeks on end getting people to sign petitions to get the troops out of Iraq?

Do you think its fair that some of them undermine the soldiers who are in a way fighting for their freedom of speech and other basic human rights.
Why is it that people are allowed to protest at a soldiers funeral who died serving their country?
Surely they should respect the family enough to let them mourn in peace. Why is it when action is taken against protestors by the family or whomever has intervened get punished.

Do you think pulling out is just a spit in the face of all the troops who have already lost their lives in the war. Maybe inconsiderate and may breed more hatred for the Western world?

Why is it people have a go at the soldiers when they are serving their country?

Like Kmarions sig once said "Marines don't make the policy"

Shouldn't people be more grateful that their are still people today who are willing to sacrifice everything of theirs just to see that no harm is done to the people back home?

I'm sure their have been many threads about this kinda thing but I couldn't find ones exactly like this.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6811

I wonder where they get the time?  Most of us have jobs and stuff.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6604
usmarine2005 would probably have served in Vietnam if there were no anti-war protesters.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6494|The Land of Scott Walker

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 would probably have served in Vietnam if there were no anti-war protesters.
We probably would have won if there were no anti-war protestors.

General Giap, general in the North Vietnamese army. "What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender. It was the same at the battle of Tet. You defeated us. We knew it. We thought you knew it. But we were elated to notice that your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefield. We were ready to surrender. You had won."

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-12-06 11:19:05)

An Enlarged Liver
+35|6792|Backward Ass Kansas
Not near as much as wars.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6604

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

General Giap, general in the North Vietnamese army. "What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender. It was the same at the battle of Tet. You defeated us. We knew it. We thought you knew it. But we were elated to notice that your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefield. We were ready to surrender. You had won."
lol. Nonsense. The war had lost any semblance of political legitimacy within Vietnam and among the Vietnamese near the end, as conceded privately by the US government. The perpetrators of unnecessary invasions rarely win wars. The Vietnamese weren't watching US media - they were getting the shit napalmed out of them and watching their cities and jungles getting ravaged.

The war was completely unjust and uncalled for (what business was it of the US??): if the people hadn't rose up and the US did eventually conquer Vietnam it would have been a victory for unnecessary and unwarranted violence and interference in the affairs of others.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-12-06 11:26:23)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6811

CameronPoe wrote:

Too young.  But my uncle did three tours...does that count?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6494|The Land of Scott Walker

CameronPoe wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lol. Nonsense. The war had lost any semblance of political legitimacy within Vietnam and among the Vietnamese near the end, as conceded privately by the US government. The perpetrators of unnecessary invasions rarely win wars.
So if that is true, why did you imply we'd still be in Vietnam without anti-war protesters?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6179|North Tonawanda, NY

usmarine2005 wrote:

I wonder where they get the time?  Most of us have jobs and stuff.
I also wonder that...
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6751
I think it's them expressing freedom of speech. Though protesting at funerals is demented. They should be thanking the soldiers for sacrificing their lives for the politicians rubbish decisions.

Personally, we should have never invaded Iraq in the first place at all, yes human rights were bad, but they are much worse now.

I hate anti-war protesters who protest against soldiers.
I like anti-war protesters who protest against politicians.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6339|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

It counts for your uncle.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6734|Espoo, Finland
Everyone should be anti war.
The protesting needs to happen before a war is started though. You can't just leave in the middle of one.
mikkel
+383|6650

wah1188 wrote:

Your views on them?

Do you think its futile that they have stood in the pouring rain for weeks on end getting people to sign petitions to get the troops out of Iraq?

Do you think its fair that some of them undermine the soldiers who are in a way fighting for their freedom of speech and other basic human rights.
Why is it that people are allowed to protest at a soldiers funeral who died serving their country?
Surely they should respect the family enough to let them mourn in peace. Why is it when action is taken against protestors by the family or whomever has intervened get punished.

Do you think pulling out is just a spit in the face of all the troops who have already lost their lives in the war. Maybe inconsiderate and may breed more hatred for the Western world?

Shouldn't people be more grateful that their are still people today who are willing to sacrifice everything of theirs just to see that no harm is done to the people back home?

I'm sure their have been many threads about this kinda thing but I couldn't find ones exactly like this.
"Operation Iraqi Freedom" doesn't really sound like it has anything to do with any rights of any Americans, or any sort of threat to the US in any sort of way. I doubt that many people would be protesting military action against a country directly threatening the US, but that hasn't really been relevant since the Cold War.

I don't see how anti-war protesters undermine soldiers at all. Like you said, "marines don't make the policy", so if anything, the protesters are undermining the politicians. Any protest is legitimate, and putting a lot of effort into what you believe is right is commendable, left wing or right wing, as long as it isn't taken too far.

Arguing that being against the war is "spitting in the face" of active duty military personnel is ridiculous. By that logic, no wars should be protested against. That's absurd, and I really don't see how peaceful demonstrations against wars can lead to any sort of international resentment. If anything, it'd work the other way around.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6811

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

no kidding?  wow thanks.  I will let him know.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6567|USA
hardly at all.  i see that and think how great a country is that allows its people to voice opinions in [most] any way they please. 

what bothers me: anti-troop protestors
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6339|Éire

wah1188 wrote:

Your views on them?

Firstly I don't agree with the idea of protesting at a soldiers funeral. But I'm surprised you take such offence at the idea of protesting against a questionable war ...do you get offended by the idea of your country starting an unjust war and sending your fellow countrymen out to die? It just depends on what way you choose to look at things. And I think you're deluding yourself if you think that fighting in Iraq or even Afghanistan is somehow saving lives or protecting liberties back home ...I mean how does that work exactly?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6339|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

no kidding?  wow thanks.  I will let him know.
Although maybe it doesn't ...didn't John Kerry's time there turn out to not count!?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6811

Braddock wrote:

Although maybe it doesn't ...didn't John Kerry's time there turn out to not count!?
Although you can suck a fucking cock for suggesting that.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6890|Cologne, Germany

I'd only be worried if no one protested at all....
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6739|Tampa Bay Florida

wah1188 wrote:

Your views on them?

Don't make the mistake of thinking all anti-war people are alike.  Like pro Iraq war people, there are many different types of people.  And I can assure you the ones who go crashing in on funerals do NOT represent the majority of anti-war people.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6739|Tampa Bay Florida

B.Schuss wrote:

The Kraut speaks the truth

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6509|UK

Braddock wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Your views on them?

Firstly I don't agree with the idea of protesting at a soldiers funeral. But I'm surprised you take such offence at the idea of protesting against a questionable war ...do you get offended by the idea of your country starting an unjust war and sending your fellow countrymen out to die? It just depends on what way you choose to look at things. And I think you're deluding yourself if you think that fighting in Iraq or even Afghanistan is somehow saving lives or protecting liberties back home ...I mean how does that work exactly?
Ah well you know what I mean! Like soldiers have fought and died in a way to protect if you get what I mean.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6339|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

joke

noun

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter esp. a story with a funny punchline.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6751

B.Schuss wrote:

EXTREMELY good point!
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6890|Cologne, Germany

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

joke

noun

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter esp. a story with a funny punchline.
do you always make jokes that involve other people's family members ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard