Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6429|Scotland
I plan to rent a small unranked server for me and some mates to piss about on but don't want to pay for it until i know how to change things like spawn times and have unlimited vehicles (i.e. when you move a vehicle another spawns instantly in its place).  I thought when setting up your server you can just change these things but when i tried hosting my own game last night it wouldn't let me change the spawn time to less than 15 and no option at all for vehicle spawn times.  Do these options come in the control panel for setting up a server whens its rented or do I have to manually edit game files? (is that even possible since i can't physically access files in a server in London when i'm in Scotland?)

If you have ever been in captiva's server i basically want it like that, do any of you know what i need to do to change these things? or refer me to a place that has this kind of info.

Thanks in advance for any help

P.S. i searched but didn't find anything helpful
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6683|can
You have to edit server files. That's all I know.

Last edited by TrashBlinD (2007-07-29 12:08:16)

Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6429|Scotland

TrashBlinD wrote:

If this is the case, can i do it myself or do i have to get the people renting me the server to do it?
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6683|can

Apoc-SAS wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

If this is the case, can i do it myself or do i have to get the people renting me the server to do it?
I'm 95% sure you have to do it yourself.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6748|67.222.138.85
The spawn time can be changed without a problem for players.

The vehicle spawn time, however, is designated by the map. It isn't too hard to edit it to what you want and then save it as another version of the map, but depending on the provider they may not let you upload custom maps to your server, that is something they would have to do.
Shakez
+39|6211
Do you host the server by yourself ?
Like reboot the server? Try to change something at your Serverlauncher settings.
Or become a server admin and type different commands in.
(I don't know commands but I think there are some)

EDIT: Ask the host, if they can change the settings (like spawntime and that stuff)

Last edited by Special_Op (2007-07-29 12:49:08)

Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6429|Scotland

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard