Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6765|Singapore
Well who uses teamspeak? Is it good? Does it conflict with bf2 like screwing it up?
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6716|Seattle
I've used ts ingame.  It works, though I prefer Ventrilo myself...
Dr_3V|L
+51|6756|Twente, The Netherlands
I use it, but it seems to make my bf2 game run a bit more laggy. I prefer not using teamspeak but only the ingame VOIP function.
RedHot
+9|6761
If you have a half decent computer you wont notice any excess lag, one nice feature about teamspeak is the voice activation (no more hittin B to talk!).
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6774|Topside

I use TS when i'm playing with my friends,and it works 100% no lag or anything.
Raider1300
+0|6703
Never had any problems  with teamspeak.
Maj.Do
+85|6783|good old CA
works great for me, Vent is ok
dan500
+57|6879
Works sweet for me, no lag and better team work 
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6782
i've recently been using the voip in xfire. But we only really use it to communicate during the loading of maps, or if we are trying to get in the same squad on the same server. when in the game i find it much better to use the BF2 voip cause it lowers the sound of the rest of the game when someone is talking to you. with xifre, i found it hard to hear my friends if i was in an APC, Tank or in the middle of a Barrage, as the noise level is louder but xfire does not compensate for that.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6728|Germany
Teamspeak all the way!

After a short time of finetuning the settings TS rocks,no matter what kind of game.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6703
Always use TS, Vent. is good, just been using TS for so long I cannot switch it up.
Octavarium
+1|6742
Yep I've just started with TS (for my CS:S clan) and it rocks

Mind you it is weird being in BF2 while my mates are playing UT2004!!
Festina
+1|6779|Finland
Ventrilo 2 Win IMO
[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov
+9|6733|North Kackalaka
I think ventrlio is great.
CrazeD
+368|6704|Maine

Octavarium wrote:

Yep I've just started with TS (for my CS:S clan) and it rocks

Mind you it is weird being in BF2 while my mates are playing UT2004!!
That's why they make the "create channel" button.

I use TS and only TS.

I've tried just about every talk program there is, and TS is the best (IMO).
ifixphns2
+3|6746|Evanston, WY

RedHot wrote:

If you have a half decent computer you wont notice any excess lag, one nice feature about teamspeak is the voice activation (no more hittin B to talk!).
Ventrilo also has VOX.   Simply deselect the "Use Push-To-Talk Hotkey" option in setup, adjust your Silence time (0.5 works best for me), and set your mic's Sensitivity.  Viola, now the only buttons you'll have to push are W,A,S,D, and mouse button #1!

Last edited by ifixphns2 (2006-02-03 10:46:29)

CrazeD
+368|6704|Maine
I have my talk button as the scroll button, not the scroll, but the actual button. I just push down and talk.

I need a new mouse though, I need one of those logitech's with like 5 buttons.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6751|The Netherlands
Teamspeak is just great, i ve used it over 2 years now and i never had any problems with it. TS is very user friendly, it doesnt contain spyware or shit like that and its freeware as long as you dont use it commercially.

I ve set up a ts server on my own pc and it workes perfectly. Ts client nor ts server cause bf2 problems if you bind the key correctly.

I love it!

Edit: I ve experienced no lag problems what so ever when i press my ts button ingame but thats probably cause i have 3 mbit broadband cable. I ve heard about lag ingame from guys with a 56k connection tho.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-02-03 12:17:57)

CrazeD
+368|6704|Maine
I too host a TS for me and my friends to use. No lag on the network or internet, and no in-game lag (apart from the lag I already have from my sh*tty computer).

I've had up to 15 people on my hosted TS, and no lag whatsoever.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6775|St. Paul, MN
I use teamspeak all the time.  only problem is my built-in sound card can't support both TS and BF2 VOIP but that's not teamspeak's problem.
Chillay-14
+21|6710
Team speak gives the game lagg and it fucks up some ppls mics in the game so when they press B to talk in the game u cant understand wat they are saying!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard