CameronPoe
+2,925|6573
Basically because male-female relations are and always have been a 'battle' where you have to find a very delicate balance between seeming too keen and seeming too disinterested. If either party seems too keen it comes across as desperation (the overkeen party being viewed as 'beneath' the other). If either party seems too disinterested then one assumes the other doesn't like them. Basically the early period of a relationship oscillates between showing enough interest and showing disinterest in turn (to compensate for having shown interest and to make them think 'He/She must think he/she can do better than me- I'll show him/her!'). It's complicated. Eventually there arrives a 'victory point' wher you've ensnared her good and proper and it doesn't matter how disinterested you are in her she'll fawn over you like an abandoned puppy looking for attention.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-05-05 08:15:42)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6497|Somewhere else

Showing no interest in a girl thats around is off putting to said girl.  I'm a interesting looking person, and I know this.  So, I know that the usually pick up lines and flirting doesn't work. 

What seems to work, somehow, is that if I go out and see a few girls in a bar, they're doing thier best to get the attention they love getting, and if I sit right nearby and act like I don't exist.  They try even harder to get attention.   

So, if you are interested in the one particular girl, you probably don't show others attention.  If a girl isn't getting attention, seems like they start thinking,

"maybe I'm not pretty. No I am!....wait why doesn't he want me?! does he get girls hotter than me?! I! am hot! I'll prove it to myself! I CAN get him!"

Not all girls are like this, but alot seem to be.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6547|Global Command
Ignoring them implies you have self confidence, and chicks dig that.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6573

ATG wrote:

Ignoring them implies you have self confidence, and chicks dig that.
Major part of it yep.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker
Some of them apparently seek physical violence from their men because my first love in high school dumped me for a guy who smacked her around. *scratches head*

Edit: Serge's list speaks much truth.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-05-05 08:24:42)

okashii
+34|6546|I'm form Poland and I hate it
sergeriver +1 for your "Men Guide to Female English" that's sooo true and I almost fell off my chair from laughing

Last edited by okashii (2007-05-05 08:48:22)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Pubic wrote:

Theres no sense in beating yourself up about it.  The way I see it, you have two choices; make it work, or accept it and move on.

4 month dry spell here, would have been 2 months but the last chance would have involved another guy as well as her.
Well so long as it didn't involve a video camera...lol.

As to the OP, maybe it is our animalistic behavior embedded in us. Look at other species and notice the lengths that the males must go through to win over females for mating purposes. We call it the birds and the bees to explain "mating" for a reason. The fact is in nearly all species... if you want the booty you had best earn it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6423|North Carolina

cpt.fass1 wrote:

You? seriously I'm preplexed by this, right now I really don't want any girl except for the one that is geographically impossable and I have more girls then I ever wanted... I live in Jersey and have a huge crush/feelings for a girl in boston which is 300 miles away a four hour car ride. So as appose to trying to force a thing with a girl who lives so for away I've been loosely dating(not sleeping with anyone cause I really do have it hard for this girl I can't have) now I all of a suddened have four girls who all seem to like me... What is up with that?
Nothing is so desirable as that which you cannot have.  It's one of the most maddening aspects of human nature and part of the reason why I figure that God is a sadist, if he/she/it actually exists.
Choclot
+21|6560
Yea man thats weird I was always trying to  get a gf and now when I get a hot one i got like 3 chicks on me..hmm
F.S.F.jetfighter
+1|6653

rdx-fx wrote:

'Supply and Demand'
A cynical point of view; The more competition there is, the more a woman wants to 'win' it(you).

Just be glad you're in the 'Feast' part of 'Feast or Famine'

My particular curse was to have a dry spell of no interesting/interested women around for a few months - then bam there's 4 or 5 competing for my attention.  Sucks..  If they'd just've spaced themselves out evenly, all would've been grand..
Married now, so.. a non-issue anymore.
i agree haha..dry spell right now during summer vacation....didnt have a dry spell earlier in year though and nothing happened all to complicata hah
BVC
+325|6713
"Women, ay?"

One thing conservative and liberal men can agree on!
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6474|The edge of sanity
Same damn thing has happened to me twice. First one was a bitch, but the current one is real sweet.

Last edited by Liberal-Sl@yer (2007-07-06 10:17:42)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Depends on the girl. Some girls go for guys that show them lots of attention.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6702|United States of America

cpt.fass1 wrote:

DeathHasDualPistols wrote:

well. Hear of the phrase shes 1 in a million?? There are around 6,528,089,562 (taken in 2006) so there are more than 6528 people that good. And there are only so many countries.
So techincally I should be able to date 6528 girls?
You know that census does include men, too, right?
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6307|Pacific NW, USA

DeathHasDualPistols wrote:

lol. Perth is full of hotties, everybody thinks sydney coz ALL of them gather at bondi
Ohhhhh MAN!  You got that right.   I went to Australia a few months back and visited dozens of beaches all up and down the east coast.  Bondi beach was FUCKING REDICULOUS!   Just tits everywhere, asses, tits and blondes....with the occasional smoking hot brunet. 

My eyes got me in so much trouble.

+1 to all you god damn Australian's....i fucking love you guys....well, your girls

I was on ur beach, taking pics of all ur girlz!
(i'd post pics but there are bewbies showing)

Last edited by PigPopTart (2007-07-06 10:53:29)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6685

Choclot wrote:

Yea man thats weird I was always trying to  get a gf and now when I get a hot one i got like 3 chicks on me..hmm
More so when you're engaged.  Happened to my dad.  Happened to me.
Magius5.0
+106|6399|UMass Amherst
Motto of my life: 'You'll never achieve what you want the most.'  And right now, that's been proven correct by one major breakup that left me going 'I so did not see this coming', doing crappy at engineering despite loving some aspects of it, and falling for this girl that likes me somewhat but already has a boyfriend. 

I might be agnostic, but I swear some all-powerful motherfucker is stacking the deck of life against me.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6543|South Florida
Its one of the strangest concepts in the world. I personaly could never stop giving love to my girl just because i want her to love me more. Its more of a "Well... If you promise it'll work" thing. I don't trust it. And the risk could be pretty severe!
15 more years! 15 more years!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard