Poll

Can you tie a necktie?

Yes59%59% - 28
No40%40% - 19
Total: 47
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6722|United States of America
I've recently taken notice of how many men do not posess this skill, so I must say this again: suits make you look important! You need the tie so you're not in the same boat as Obama or Ahmadinejad, as Stephen Colbert so pointed out.

If you can't, then learn. This site provides some basic but useful knots unless you want to stick to your clip-on style like a noob, unless of course you are a cop or something of that caliber.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6485|Chicago, IL
believe it or not, I actually know how, but I also hate neckties, and have only worn them on two or three occasions, so it is a fairly useless skill for me to have.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6556|Montucky
I learned 6 years ago, in a manner in which one will never forget how to tie a necktie.  Mr. Potatohead style by the numbers by a very angry Sgt. in the Marines.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6605|NYC / Hamburg

I do. Although I'm only in uni, it seems that I need my suit all the time now. God I hate being grown up

EDIT: Windsor FTW

Last edited by max (2007-06-27 16:51:00)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida
No but ill tie your neck...
15 more years! 15 more years!
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6575|Chicago
Nope.
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6603|UK
i wear a shirt and tie to work everyday nearly so i would hope so
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6786|Mark it zero.
well i'm 20 years old and have still never worn a tie. maybe some day....
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6745|67.222.138.85
Of course
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6477|King Of The Islands

Nope, I use Homer ties.

(Reference from the really really really old episode: Bart The Genius)
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Smithereener
+138|6354|California
Yep. Learned how to do the most basic tie - 4 in hand.

Then decided to teach myself how to do Windsor/Half-Windsor. I use the Half-Windsor most of the time. Windsor comes out too thick for my taste.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6593

Ninja_Monkey wrote:

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6483|The Land of Scott Walker

Ninja_Monkey wrote:

I also prefer the half-windsor.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6793|United States of America
It's part of the school Jazz Band uniform to have a tie.. I don't know how to tie them so I make someone else do it for me. I only wear a tie that looks good with my instrument though. So if I'm playing the piano, it doesn't matter, when with guitar, I wear any tie because they all look good with it.
jord
+2,382|6716|The North, beyond the wall.
We used to have to wear them for school.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6726|"The Empire"
If you mean a normal tie, then yes i can as i need to for work most days. A like nice suits and ties so wearing a shit knot would mean calling the fashion police!!!
chittydog
less busy
+586|6873|Kubra, Damn it!

Stingray24 wrote:

I also prefer the half-windsor.
Same here, the full just looks too damn big.

You young guys probably don't need to know now, but you will soon. I don't think I ever wore a tie til I was in my mid-20s. Then you start having friends get married or going to formal work parties and nonsense like that and it seems like you're wearing one all the time.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6687

I used to know but having not had a need to do so for a few years means that I've forgotten. I've recently had to wear them, and so far I've managed with getting helpful friends/parents/etc to help me out. No doubt I'll learn properly again at some point.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard