eFFe
+5|6696|Behind 2 blazing M134s
Finally finished my first BF2 video last night, called "Rape Island Inverted".

http://rapidshare.de/files/11993477/RII.avi.html

Click on "FREE", enter the letters shown below and wait for your DL to start.
SAVE it, cuz you won't be able to download it a 2nd time.
Be sure to have latest XviD codec installed.

UPDATE
Alternate link: http://www.sendmefile.com/00259430

Whoever needs to know how Wake (Rape) Island is played as USMC:
watch it!
Whoever likes to see chinese team getting totally pwned:
watch it!
Whoever likes to see an orgy of minigun murder:
watch it!

Sorry for the crappy vehicle movement, had to work with a very small demo file.

Last edited by eFFe (2006-01-31 13:42:05)

Matiandos
+2|6716|Lappeenranta, Finland
I will DL and have a look !
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6865
Holy "effe"
Beautiful movie. I need to get on with some of that action xD
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6756|Belgium
That team you slayed were fuckin morons man..cant even take out a BH..nonetheless great shooting ! Never saw anyone get that many kills in one round..
GoDengo
+0|6696
I needed to create an account to answer, but I had to give my 2 cent:
Great vid and great action, but this ain't skill.. sitting in a chopper circling in the air and shooting "helpless" victims that almost can't harm you in any way. "Ganz grosses Tennis" you would say in germany Guess this round was no fun for anybody in the opposite team, so hopefully the next patch 1.2 will come soon and helis will be more vulnerable. I don't blame you for using this trick, but actually this is not the way the game is intended to be played..
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

i like the style of the video, but in reality, those good piolts and Z10 gunners dominate all. but i admire that your squad was able to take the airfield so fast
mustang0341
+0|6717|Nebraska
when i downloaded the vid my windows media player only had sound and my visual was the " ambitronic like stuff" for lack of a better explanation, like when you listen to CD's........any ideas why?????

Last edited by mustang0341 (2006-01-28 03:21:38)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

you dont have the DivX codec
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6875|Bryan/College Station, TX

GoDengo wrote:

I needed to create an account to answer, but I had to give my 2 cent:
Great vid and great action, but this ain't skill.. sitting in a chopper circling in the air and shooting "helpless" victims that almost can't harm you in any way. "Ganz grosses Tennis" you would say in germany Guess this round was no fun for anybody in the opposite team, so hopefully the next patch 1.2 will come soon and helis will be more vulnerable. I don't blame you for using this trick, but actually this is not the way the game is intended to be played..
I have to disagree with your opinion of the usage of the Blackhawk. Before the blackhawk was used to take flags quicker than any force in the game without disembarking. That was actually not the way the game was intended to be played. EA fixed this in a patch and it no longer happens. Now the Blackhawk is used as a transport and a gunship platform. This is exactly what the Blackhawk is intended to do and how it should be used. Gunship support before and after landing a squad of infantry is in fact the primary tactical goal of a Blackhawk. So actually the video shows the correct way of doing things.

Was it rapage? Absolutely. Was every single vehicle used the way it was intended in the game? Yes absolutely. Was it fair for the enemy troops? Probably not but here is where they failed. They didn't protect the Airfield. They didn't have a decent J-10 pilot to take out the F-35s and Cobras. They didn't have a good Mig pilot to take out Cobra and Blackhawks. The spawned idiotically and let themselves be cornered into one base.

In short the Chinese team here was very much outclassed and outskilled. They were pwned in the best way possible for this game. I see no issue with what the US did and it was a good video to show exactly what a Wake Island game should be for the US. If anything it's sets a standard that needs to be achieved by any good US team on that map.

BTW what would I have done as Chinese in that situation?
1. Attempted to get to any flag but that one to gain another spawn point. If the entire team scatters with everything possible one is bound to get away eventually.
2. Attempt to stay on the opposite side of buildings than the blackhawks. While this is a cat and mouse game at least it forces them to change direction and tactics.
3. If all else fails... don't spawn. Sometimes when the rapage is THAT BAD and there is no win at all possible. Just except defeat and not give them any more kills and hope that next round you do better.

Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6868|Finland
EA is gonna hunt you down! They dont like 100+ killing sprees
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6871|Cheshire, UK

mustang0341 wrote:

when i downloaded the vid my windows media player only had sound and my visual was the " ambitronic like stuff" for lack of a better explanation, like when you listen to CD's........any ideas why?????
http://www.xvidmovies.com/faq/#4.3
GoDengo
+0|6696

kilroy0097 wrote:

I have to disagree with your opinion of the usage of the Blackhawk
Cheers.
Ok, I understand your thinking.. with that argumentation in mind the vid is impressive, righty.
This is probably an issue about "professional" players and just-for-fun-players, which is probably the bigger part,  playing in the same round.. if you've got a squad like the one from the vid in the game then you need to have some experts in the opposing team that could be able to stop them by getting into a jet or heli and take them out.. as you know this can be hard 'cause jets and helis are rare and quite popular, so if those vehicles are occupied by fun-players there is not much to be done. Maybe like you said, enjoy the show and wait for a better round
The game will get more balanced if helis can be taken out from the ground on a realistic basis, meaning one or two hits with a ground-to-air-missile will at least force them to got back for repairs.
Until then many teams will be owned by extraordinary players like in the vid..
Rommel1l
+2|6696
Nice Video Effe!  Was dissapointed that I wasnt playing cuz I want to be a movie star.

Send me and autographed picture you sexy beast!!
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6706|Moscow, Russia
BSF guys, I just love you! I'll never forget how you pwned everyone with your shotties on Karkand.
Rommel1l
+2|6696
You witnessed the Shotgun squad! )
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6769|yorkshire penisula
impressive,gotta take my hat off to you fuckers!
like the smurf brings blackhawk-frosh brings blackhawk difference.
keep them vids commin.
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6818|Netherlands
What a noob u r!!! LMAO!
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6818|Netherlands
I managed to play it with divx player.
xaven
+25|6765|Berlin
the video is ok. but shows no skill. lucky for you that I wasnt there with MY squad. you can own every team with a good squad, on every map no matter which side.

effe, when i look your stats, I see your favorite map is wake, your favrite team is USMC and your favorite vehicle is a chopper... well, this makes me gaping...

Last edited by xaven (2006-01-28 07:45:10)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6865
Wait a minute.. I want in on some of this shotgun squad stuff. I own squad fulls by myself with the pump shotgun... I can't imagine a full 6 guy squad wielding them badboys.
NASTIE_BUTLER
+55|6782|3 Miles west of smurf village
At BSF we play for fun too.  Our idea of having fun is kicking out strats like that early jet-drop and following it up with a great BH team.

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_ … nPart0.htm
DarkCloud00
+0|6735
Going on noob wake island server and BH whoring them to death = almost stat padding, so pathetically easy. Its not something you can be proud of doing either, those poor poor newbies....
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6737|Antarctica

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Wait a minute.. I want in on some of this shotgun squad stuff. I own squad fulls by myself with the pump shotgun... I can't imagine a full 6 guy squad wielding them badboys.
Yeah, on Karknand look for a "Pump-Action" squad, its very funny seeing 6 guys jumping around pwning the MEC with shotguns.
computermash
+7|6695
weeee, that was the base we was bh whoring just today, they only had 20 tickes left and i think we took all of them. From first hand experince, there is absolutely no skill. If u can aim a minigun and shoot, or fly a bh round and round in circles. This is EASY points.
nobodyhasthisnameyet
+0|6716
EA is gonna hunt you down! They dont like 100+ killing sprees
i believe EA dont like people that tell other people they dont like certain people.   see kid now eat your cereal and keep on practicin

and in reply to comutermash:    given the fact this scenario for 1 is SO EASILY created and 2 SO EASILY kept.
how come we hardly EVER see this scenario being created by other groups playing as a team.

Last edited by nobodyhasthisnameyet (2006-01-28 11:17:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard