ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6367|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

Don't worry, there are people out there researching exactly what you're after, why? Imagine someone said you could live forever, wouldn't it be so easy to put down the  $1 million dollars you earned in the last 15 years if you knew you'd live for another thousand? It's a big money area, they just have to make the right breakthroughs: If you could stop your telomeres shortening for example, you might not age.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomeres
Awesome, that kinda reasurance is what i was looking for. I would pay any amount of money to live for ever/indefinitly

On a funnier note, the second sentance of the wiki...:

Wikipedia wrote:

Every time linear eukaryotic chromosomes are replicated during late S phase, the DNA polymerase complex is incapable of replicating all the way to the end of the chromosome
Lol...
It's not hard to understand, I just finished freshman biology and I know what that means
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6712

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

Don't worry, there are people out there researching exactly what you're after, why? Imagine someone said you could live forever, wouldn't it be so easy to put down the  $1 million dollars you earned in the last 15 years if you knew you'd live for another thousand? It's a big money area, they just have to make the right breakthroughs: If you could stop your telomeres shortening for example, you might not age.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomeres
Awesome, that kinda reasurance is what i was looking for. I would pay any amount of money to live for ever/indefinitly

On a funnier note, the second sentance of the wiki...:

Wikipedia wrote:

Every time linear eukaryotic chromosomes are replicated during late S phase, the DNA polymerase complex is incapable of replicating all the way to the end of the chromosome
Lol...
I don't get what you find so funny.....
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6836|Denver colorado
I feel bad for OP. I think he needs counseling.
Silentkillr69
+6|6184|Chicago
dude people are trying to research that stuff. but there are more important promblems in todays world. even if you extend your life you will die after all. and you cannot stop it.
specops10-4
+108|6749|In the hills

lavadisk wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

You should kill yourself, and maybe you might live forever!
What he means is become an hero.
No, lol.  I mean that he will have an afterlife possibly, then live forever.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2007-06-17 12:51:33)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6772|Cambridge (UK)

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Aubrey de Grey is about the only guy taking the whole thing really seriously.
But is one of those people who is either genius or nutjob.
v3kt0r
+7|6232|in a cave w/ my guns & dope
Death is the one truth, in time you will realize this.  In time it will comfort you.
Jello.01
+46|6614|DFW, Texas

lavadisk wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

You should kill yourself, and maybe you might live forever!
What he means is become an hero.
Too much 4chan yo.
Pheonix989
+4|6194
y would u want to live forever? i mean come on.... i would get soooooooooooooo bored and if u live to 800 u would be like 4 feet tall and wouldnt be able to feed urself u would sit on a chair all day doing nothing and haveing every wipe ur ass for u and by the time ur 80 im sure u wont mind dieing u will have done alot and u will be ready to die lol u still got a long time till then just dont think about it and there r plenty of other things to be scared of like....... being eatin by a whale ......god there scary
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida

Pheonix989 wrote:

y would u want to live forever? i mean come on.... i would get soooooooooooooo bored and if u live to 800 u would be like 4 feet tall and wouldnt be able to feed urself u would sit on a chair all day doing nothing and haveing every wipe ur ass for u and by the time ur 80 im sure u wont mind dieing u will have done alot and u will be ready to die lol u still got a long time till then just dont think about it and there r plenty of other things to be scared of like....... being eatin by a whale ......god there scary
Yeah well unlike most people who are blinded by the unrealistic belief in religion, i think ahead, and i cant help but think about how "I must change it..."

Whatever...
15 more years! 15 more years!
Pheonix989
+4|6194
im not blinded by religion i just dont see anything to fear in fact i would fear liveing forever more then death u will be traped in your own body u cant really move u will prolly go blind just dont see y u would want that u cant live forever get over it dont spend the rest of your childhood fearing death your young go enjoy life while u can.........................noob
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6836|Denver colorado

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Pheonix989 wrote:

Yeah well unlike most people who are blinded by the unrealistic belief in religion, i think ahead, and i cant help but think about how "I must change it..."

Whatever...
I INSIST you see tuck everlasting. Or, you could read it. but you MUST do this.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6571|Area 51

jord wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

You do know that they are researching on how th reduce the  free radicals that come loose when you breathe in oxygen, the things that eventually break down your DNA and kill you. Gotta love the irony though, the one thing that keeps us alive, also kills us.
Like the machine on the Matrix 3?

Yeah, he says that word for word.
Could be, have been watching the trilogy lately, anyway it is true that oxygen actually kills us
CommieChipmunk
+488|6576|Portland, OR, USA
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm 100% sure that you are going to die in the next 100 years, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. If you're so worried, quit bitching in an online forum and live while you can...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6451|The Land of Scott Walker
Anybody wanna live forever?  I know someone who can help you with that . . .
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6664|California
Ok desert, if this means so much to you...

This is what you do, and I'll back you up..

Go to school and learn everything...

Then.

Figure out how to build us robot bodies, a way to transfer our brains and hearts into armored Humanoids with rockets, guns and lasers...

And I'll buy one...

Get started I'll be waiting... P.M. me when it's ready...

*Rubs hands together*

he he he..
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6525|Adelaide, South Australia

Get bitten by a vampire.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6469|Tyne & Wear, England
Say the average life expectancy is around 80, I am a quarter of the way through my life.  Fuck, that is so morbidly depressing.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6664|California
I'm halfway...
CommieChipmunk
+488|6576|Portland, OR, USA

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Say the average life expectancy is around 80, I am a quarter of the way through my life.  Fuck, that is so morbidly depressing.
you still have 3/4ths left.
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6235|Switzerland
I don't wanna live longer than 80 years, life sucks if ur old
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Yeah, I'm right there too, but Id rather die at 60 then spend 20 years wasting away.  I see old people in wheelchairs and hunched over walkers, and i think "someone better shoot me if i get like that"

I think i'll take up skydiving at 50...
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6469|Tyne & Wear, England

CommieChipmunk wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

you still have 3/4ths left.
Lol I probably wont live till 80 anyway, that was being optimistic.  Like most of the English in their early 20's, I drink too much
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard