FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6206
Righto so yeah, i downloaded vista, call me bad, cheap and a criminal but yeah i did. Burned the .ISO to a dvd disk, and yes made it bootable and such using nero. Made sure i had my partion ready and everything was in order so i proceeded along with the shutting of. Upon the boot menu everything seemed fine untill i selected my cd drive and nothing happened, then the screen went black and a message saying "TLDR missing. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart". I had another partion that contained safe and emergency files for my OS but that seemed to have disapeered aswell so there's nothing i can do anymore and all this happend when i was booting the .iso file on the cd. Anybody got any tip on what to go from here or something? ive got other computers so i can like reburn the file and such but im not sure what the exact problem is.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6608|British Columbia, Canada
Hmm...

Lets see here... You Pirated Vista, and your experiencing problems... maybe its the fact that you don't have an official copy of Vista that its not working?

Vista sucks too... I'm not installing my copy until I get a DX10 Card, and Actual DX10 games come out.
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6206
yeah well, experiencing problem with a pirated version wouldnt suprise me but the suprise is that my OS is like gone? and the "safe" partion aswell ;/ i checked the iso file before burning aswell and such and found no viruses and no "suspicious" files ;/
LT.Victim
+1,175|6608|British Columbia, Canada
Well, your fucked, complete uninstall/re-install of Windows XP...

I mean, you can't complain if a Torrent Fucks up your computer.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6761

FarBeyondReality wrote:

yeah well, experiencing problem with a pirated version wouldnt suprise me but the suprise is that my OS is like gone? and the "safe" partion aswell ;/ i checked the iso file before burning aswell and such and found no viruses and no "suspicious" files ;/
Probably Microsoft implemented it in Vista
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6206
well, i dont have any reinstall cd's, if that was the case i wouldnt be complaining, done that quite a few times before so.
Well, torrents, as big as a OS that like completely remove the currently installed OS and like everything on the harddriver isnt something you run into everyday, never heard of something like it either so, this is something, imo, you can complain about even tho its a daring move to download and run a pirated OS.
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6206
Hm, reburned it and now it boots fine, im just worrying now that its gonna get stuck on some installation process ;/

Last edited by FarBeyondReality (2007-06-17 02:45:57)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6801|Scotland

Was it a permanently activated version?
They are more dangerous than the normal copies.
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6248

Zimmer wrote:

I guess promoting piracy and giving instructions on how to pirate software isn't against the TOS here?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6675|Washington, DC

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I guess promoting piracy and giving instructions on how to pirate software isn't against the TOS here?
I don't see how what he said is any different from saying, say, "Home-grown weed is generally safer than stuff you get on the street, since it could be laced with other, very deadly drugs". He didn't necessarily promote it nor did he give instructions

edit: Vista never gave me a problem like that, but then again I also have a legal copy.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-06-17 06:28:35)

Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6248

Hurricane wrote:

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I don't see how what he said is any different from saying, say, "Home-grown weed is generally safer than stuff you get on the street, since it could be laced with other, very deadly drugs". He didn't necessarily promote it nor did he give instructions

edit: Vista never gave me a problem like that, but then again I also have a legal copy.
Well, he basically outlined how he pirated Vista and is now asking for help to get the pirated version running. Websites get shut down for this kind of shit.
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6608|I'm a Viking....Norway
yes... be a man and pay for the software...... then we will help you
[PTG]shogun
PS n00b & proud vista user
+44|6477
yeah be a man and pay the £70 for vista home prem
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6426|Bromley, London

Ki][mE wrote:

yes... be a man and pay for the software...... then we will help you
Or do what I did which is:

Bought a computer from dell with 3 years cover.
Something in it blew up.
I complained and said I wanted it fixed.
As they didnt make that model anymore they didnt ahve any parts.
So they sent me a brand new pc with VISTA HOME PREMIUM for free effectively.

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6801|Scotland

You should have created a back up.

Use your XP recovery CD to fix your computer. If you don't have that, then you're screwed.

Pirated software....tsk tsk tsk.

/hypocrit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard