Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6602|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Yes I have, just jump horizontally, go prone and fire three shots, little time for them to evade or react.  It doesn't work everytime as sometimes they get the odd hs, but still effective.
safshep
What's so special about titles anyway?
+40|6766|Minnesota, USA
If you want a challenge as a sniper, play bf2 with a satellite internet connection!  it lags so bad sometimes I can't hit a stationary target 5 feet away..... wait, maybe i just suck......
anyways the sniper kit is my favorite of them all.  Not because it's easy to get kills (and I don't really think it is that easy in the first place) but because it is very rewarding when you crawl around prone for several minutes to line up a successful head-shot.... or when you are laying in some grass and some poor sap doesn't realize that there is an enemy sniper laying 2 feet away from him.  At that point you can snipe him point blank or stick him with the knife, or use your silenced pistol.  It is a much more intellectual kit to play if you play in this fashion, but of course if you choose to do so any kit can become a more intellectual kit.
Bigphillyed
+12|6642
I must admit, I didn't really like the sniper kit, unless I didn't feel like running around maps all day. But recently I started using it just to get my veteran EOD badge. Now on the SF Warlord map its so fun being a sniper. I have been racking up some seroius points playing sniper. Yah there still a few snipers out there that really get under my skin, but I guess that means there just good. So lately I must admit I have been on a slight sniper kick, still playing medic tho, another easy point kit.

Happy sniping boys
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6594

Reject_Wolf wrote:

Yes I have, just jump horizontally, go prone and fire three shots, little time for them to evade or react.  It doesn't work everytime as sometimes they get the odd hs, but still effective.
That only works if they are close AND you see them...
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6620|Sydney, Australia

Ayumiz wrote:

Did anyone try the sniper kit using cs style?
sniper kit not the same as css so don't even bring the shit game into play here css snipers are shit
[UK]Blazing.Armour
+12|6662
I haven't used the sniper kit until now. I'm using sniper rifles now mainly because looking at some of the sniping videos here have made me realise how useful and devastating they can be, if used in the right hands. Although my hands may not be the right ones, I still practice and try to get better and better. I now understand the differences in bullet drop and I'm now starting to get some of those 500 metre headshots that make you go all fuzzy inside. I admit I'm rubbish at sniping, but I find it fun to use the sniper kit. Killing people continuously with the AK-101 and the PKM does get weary sometimes.

Last edited by [UK]Blazing.Armour (2006-05-20 22:55:55)

Hummeth
+4|6664|Wisconsin
Once you play sniper for a while, it can be frustrating to play another kit because of your more limited viewing distances and accuracy, for me anyway. And I am by no means a good sniper, i just play for fun.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6738|Melbourne, Australia
i love snipers YUMMY
McCullough
+7|6857
Dont you just looove the feeling when you get that perfect shot.
I once killed a whole squad with one M24 clip.
Snipers F-T-W
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6293|Outside your Back window
I use to snipe, i got so good at it that i was ruining every1s game due to me killing all the enemy. My team were all "Omg your killing everyone let me kill someone" and the enemy were like "omg stop killing everyone let me kill you" and i was like "omg im killing everyone"
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6728|England. Stoke

McCullough wrote:

Snipers F-T-W
Why revive this really old thread?...
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6384
Snipers don't take skill. Where did you get THAT idea? Although, AWP is skill in css.

Ak101 + gp30>snipers. Gl the snipers to death and gun down the infantry.

Although the SVD is fun to use

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2007-06-06 16:43:09)

Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6669|Keyboard

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

I use to snipe, i got so good at it that i was ruining every1s game due to me killing all the enemy. My team were all "Omg your killing everyone let me kill someone" and the enemy were like "omg stop killing everyone let me kill you" and i was like "omg im killing everyone"
Lies.
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6293|Outside your Back window

Yaocelotl wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Lies.
Ask any1 that was on the server with me. Ask this guy Jimmyjonyysalpo He saw it, he was like "omg stop killing everyone" N i was like "omg im killing everyone"
Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6217|Reno, NV
Yah I usually play sniper cuz it's great for playing squad leader with and most of the time the snipers on my team SUCK BIG MONKEY NUTS AT THE SNIPER KIT! Besides that I know a few tricks about claymore placement on the Mashtuur map that can result in easy flag defending or raping. Either case, as everyone should know this game is all about cooperation. I wish a complementary headset w/ mic was given with every purchase of bf2/special forces/bf2142. It'd make for fewer headaches.

Just a little advice, if you're gonna use acronyms more then once in a paragraph please for christ sake type the term out COMPLETELY PRIOR TO ACRONYMING US TO DEATH! Jeez it makes me feel bad cuz I don't know wtf AWP means quite yet. For example AMERICANS WITH PISTOLS (AWP) then just keep with the acronym.

Another little tip, SNIPERS are not good close combat unless you plan on depending on defensive claymores or ya have the SVD. Serious folks...the SVD and Type 88 are the ONLY close combat sniper rifles that can mow down anyone from assault class to auto shot guns engineers/antitank dudes. VIVA SVD!!!
STOP LAUGHING AT ME SWAN!

Last edited by Weh-Weh (2007-06-06 16:46:38)

[Hive]-Twist
+13|6384
The AWP is the Artic Warefare Magnum made especially for the Arctic Warfare Police. It is an improvement of the l96. The 1-hit-kill sniper in Counterstrike 1.6, Source and Condition Zero.

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2007-06-06 16:46:29)

Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6217|Reno, NV
I Love You Twist!!! :p Xoxoxo
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6315|Bloomington Indiana
i enjoy having people refer to me as "tree monster"
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6384
I love me too.
Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6217|Reno, NV
I love you moooooore.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6347|105 RVK

McCullough wrote:

Snipers F-T-W
How did you do that?
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6334
"Nyte starts boasting about his skills, dont_be_ss and Tahadar talk about their sklls, "

pfft.. ... what a laugh..   i beaten them on my bf2 account a while back.. nothing more than noobs.

but yeah, sniping is fun
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6556|Las Vegas
because they r sheeple
Nanten
+24|6449

Reject_Wolf wrote:

And you do all this from 300m-500m? Highly doubt it. If you come accross with a good sniper, you won't know it untill your head drops in the ground.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6700

THA wrote:

becuase its fun.
I agree.

I like to play sniper in certin situations, it's fun as hell. But only when there is a need for a sniper.

On the other side, if I know where an enemy sniper is I like to hunt them down because I hate enemy snipers ahha.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard