too_money2007
+145|6331|Keller, Tx

AlienWrath2121 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

I read in the BFROE that admins aren't allowed to keep a player from playing the way he wants to play, as long as he isn't hacking, stat padding, or just running around tking everyone in sight. Admins are required to let the game play out the way it will be played.

I'm not using this arguement for you guys to change your rules, but banning people for soloing is a clear violation of the ROE. Soloers aren't glitchers, as everyone calls them. It is not a glitch in the game. They obviously can't stop soloing because 95% of the time, people need to switch (if a pilot wants to gun and vice versa). If soloing was illegal, then DICE would've already made it impossible to solo. The helo wouldn't spin a round a few times and then crash when seat switching, it would crash immediately. Since DICE sees fit not to fix the soloing "problem", then it is allowed and players technically cannot be stopped from doing it.

I know your server has a team rule, where as each player needs to be apart of the team and soloing is looked upon as breaking that rule. But, if nobody is present to gun for the player, said player shouldn't be threatened. (I was actually threatened when I came back on your server for simply flying it alone and using the hellfires. Everyone was in tanks or capping flags. I had to block a tank and make him fly with me, lol)

Again, I'm not stating any of this to try and prove any kind of point.

I went back on your server and played normally. It was actually fun, but there weren't that many people in game and it quickly got boring flying around capping flags.

Oops, on the point, admins should have their ranked status revoked for limiting players. Simple as that.

Edit...
Also, any arguement that soloing isn't possible in real life and that it doesn't make sense is flawed as this is just a game. Anything is possible in games.
I dont know why you quoted the last part of my post, as I dont see the tie in with what you're arguing, but it's probably just something I missed.  Again, your arguement about Dice and their coding out activity is flawed...  EXAMPLE: Dice's coding allows any kit from an opposing team to step foot on uncaps when it would be very easy to code that out, or even code that while in an uncap area, if you shoot someone you die...  Yet servers are allowed to set no uncap raping rules. BTW... Dice did modify the code to try to discourage soloing... that spin you mentioned, didnt used to be there... You used to be able to switch to the gunner's seat and the chopper would stay just like you had left it in the pilot seat.   I'm sorry you dont agree with the rules set on our server, but none of them have violated EA's ROE.  It is a good arguement though.
You've got it wrong. They have the helo crash now because of a bug where if you ejected from your helo, it would spin out of control while raising out of the map, preventing it from respawning. That's the sole reason for it. Also, it didn't stay in the same position. It spun in a clockwise position, in whatever radius you'd give it. It never fell, only raised, which is why they coded it to fall.
AlienWrath2121
+7|6335|Behind you with a large rifle

too_money2007 wrote:

You've got it wrong. They have the helo crash now because of a bug where if you ejected from your helo, it would spin out of control while raising out of the map, preventing it from respawning. That's the sole reason for it. Also, it didn't stay in the same position. It spun in a clockwise position, in whatever radius you'd give it. It never fell, only raised, which is why they coded it to fall.
I could have sworn it didnt start doing the raising thing until after the 1.3 patch, but regardless... the overall point is that EA allows for rules to be set that go against the coding done by DICE.
too_money2007
+145|6331|Keller, Tx
Still, I'm not arguing, but:

2.3 “In-House” Ranked Server Rules

Public Ranked Servers and Private rented clan servers may introduce custom rules that apply only to their servers and which result in minor changes to gameplay. These “in-house” rules are allowed as long as they do not violate the conditions of use of a ranked server as determined by DICE and EA and as long as they are explicitly announced in the server description or on the loading screen, so that players joining the server are aware of them before they start playing.
No rules are present on your loading screen. Ha! You scroll them in game, but the ROE states they must be on your server's loading screen.

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.
I saw this and a "fuck you EA" rolled into my mind. It's in the rules, so I guess you can ban for soloing. Still, it's fucking ridiculous to ban soloers, as it automatically shows that said clan is worthless in its attempts to bring the soloer down. So, so sad.

Still funny that after all the glitching, cheating, hacking rules, there's nothing in there about soloing. Meaning.... *drum roll* they don't give a fuck.

http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/ … amp;t=6463

Last edited by too_money2007 (2007-05-17 11:01:04)

DSRTurtle
+56|6709
A lot of servers don't have their rules listed on the loading screen.  They either state that they are posted on their website or scroll in game or both. 

If they are not posted on the loading screen or scrolling in game then as far as I'm concerned it's legal to do whatever you want except for stat padding glitching or hacking.  Most people can't be bothered to go to a website to look up the rules before they start playing a ranked game.  Even then most people don't bother to read the chat and scroll at the top of the screen. 

Most servers share a lot fo the same common rules.  No Deliberate TKing for example.  If you play in a server with a lot of other regular players they will usually forgive you for the odd teamkill in close combat or running them over with a vehicle as they try to catch a ride.  Some other server admins may immediately kick you for a teamkill if you don't say sorry fast enough.  Deliberately killing someone to prevent them for using a vehicle they got first will get you a permanant ban in a lot of servers. 

Soloing is a touchy issue.  It is borderline exploiting.  DICE did not do a very good job of coding the change that makes heli fall instead of rise.  To eliminate soloing they should have made it so you can only switch from the gunner seat to the pilot seat once the helo is airborn.
too_money2007
+145|6331|Keller, Tx

DSRTurtle wrote:

Soloing is a touchy issue.  It is borderline exploiting.  DICE did not do a very good job of coding the change that makes heli fall instead of rise.  To eliminate soloing they should have made it so you can only switch from the gunner seat to the pilot seat once the helo is airborn.
A+ sir. I really don't see the issue with soloing. If you don't have a gunner, and you're able to do so, do it. Who cares. Soloers are targets just like everything else. But, it probably has that stigma because the cobra, for example, is by far the most lethal vehicle in the game if you have a master soloer (me ). I guess it's not fair when 1 person in a chopper can effectively hold your entire army at bay.
AlienWrath2121

DSRTurtle wrote:

A lot of servers don't have their rules listed on the loading screen.  They either state that they are posted on their website or scroll in game or both. 

If they are not posted on the loading screen or scrolling in game then as far as I'm concerned it's legal to do whatever you want except for stat padding glitching or hacking.  Most people can't be bothered to go to a website to look up the rules before they start playing a ranked game.  Even then most people don't bother to read the chat and scroll at the top of the screen.
The only problem with that is that there is only a limited bit of space on the loading screen.  And my only comment for the "people cant be bothered...", if you cant be bothered to read the rules, then dont bitch when you're kicked for breaking them. 

Very reasoned points though.
Teknoir
+5|6669|St. Paul, Minnesota
It's pointless to even say anything anymore.... you just move on to another server.  There is no arguing anymore.
peacock3
+6|6724|Ohio
Its widely known by anyone who has played this game enough that rules vary from server to server.

EA has granted those who pay for servers some latitude as to how that specific server is to operated. Let it go, it is was it is.

I have owned and operated a server for over a year now and have adjusted my rules with the priority being to maintian population in order to attempt to provide stability for both sides as a whole..

My general conclusions as it would apply to the debatable rules are as follows:

Uncap attack, including arty, is not permitted (only assets) Allowing uncap attack will eventually cause players who are on an under-powered team to leave.

Jihading (suicide killing) I concede that this is reality, doesn't mean I have to tolerate it in game format, accordingly, you are permitted to Jihad in some other server.

Spawn killing...If I warned/kicked or banned everyone who was accused of spawn killing I would have no time to play. Spawn and die, spawn and die, spawn and die....hello....spawn somewhere else.

Solo TV.. an EA flaw that I correct manually in-game with the powers granted by EA and Bf2cc. There is no real debate here, it just a matter of preference to those who pay the bills. Let it go or go elsewhere.

No Commanders in vehicles...Left to the discretion of the admin...Those in vehicles who are not commanding traditionally get the boot...When server population is low or the map type allows for numerous vehicle types no one pays much attention.

Generally speaking if you are not an admin you must accept the following
If you get warned and you dont like, nobody really cares.
If you get kicked and you don't like it, nobody really cares.
If you get banned, you probably deserved it and nobody really cares.
If you want some form of justice, nobody really cares.
If you feel that somone is a bad admin, again, nobody really cares.

This is a financial issue. Those persons who have paid or who have been empowered by those who have paid. Make the rules.

In closing, bad admins, debatable rules, unjustice actions will never get an admin punkbusted or reset. With that said relax, dont worry about it. He who holds the gold makes the rules. Always been that way and probably always will be.
Here endeth the lesson
AlienWrath2121

peacock3 wrote:

In closing, bad admins, debatable rules, unjustice actions will never get an admin punkbusted or reset. With that said relax, dont worry about it. He who holds the gold makes the rules. Always been that way and probably always will be.
Here endeth the lesson
You have very interesting thoughts, do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to??  LOL
DSRTurtle
+56|6709

AlienWrath2121 wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

The only problem with that is that there is only a limited bit of space on the loading screen.  And my only comment for the "people cant be bothered...", if you cant be bothered to read the rules, then dont bitch when you're kicked for breaking them. 

Very reasoned points though.
Thanks.  The only reason I say that is some server owner/admins won't take the time to even post their rules in a scrolling format at the top of the screen.  It's not that hard to do.  However before they go banning a player for breaking a rule, they should make the rule fairly obvious in game.  I agree there's not enough space on the loading page.  Most servers have their website and teamspeak/ventrillo info posted there.  That leaves 2 or 3 lines for rules at most.  I know a couple of servers that have like a dozen or more rules not related to the obvious don't team kill on purpose.  I have them in favorites list so I don't go there.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6559|Las Vegas
Ya know, this needs to be a Lame Server section, not just a thread. too many!

RENEGADESCLAN.NET's IO server in SF, banned my entire squad (IE) for "hacking". We were doing about average points wise, but they were taking a beating. Avoid this server, though they r easy targets!
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6220|Cali
Has anyone ever played in the LOCO CLAN's SERVER?
I was playing as Chinese and we were getting pwned by raping f-35's. thats ok, you just have to fight out of it.
They stole both of the J-10s and had the f-35s and were reeking havoc, yet i somehow was leading the room in scoring.
As the AH-12 w/2 LOCO's flying in it repeatedly comes to take the airfield i owned them with the FAV.
I got TK'd by a LOCO. I forgive. i figure it was an accident, cuz i didnt see where it came from.
I managed to take the big boy helo and bail out over the carrier and destroy the assets and provide a little payback.
I was the squad leader and my squad were all spawning on me and putting the hurt on.
A LOCO clan member joined my squad and TK'd me so that they would have no where else to spawn. and then he pulls this... "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
I replied, "WTF was that for man?"..... HAHAHAHAHAHA he says again and BOOM I GOT KICKED AND BANNED FROM THE SERVER.
The reason?..... you have been banned for EXCESSIVE TK'ing and using foul language saying "WTF" (in letters not the word) after i got TEAMKILLED twice by members of the LOCO clan who were double agents for the other team.
I know, i know, find another server... but the whats the point, if we run the risk of ADMINS abusing their rights.
We have to follow the rules, do they have any rules?
We have to answer to someone.
Who do they answer to? It really takes the fun out of the game when you got nubs pulling this kind of sh**.
Is there anything to prevent this kind of garbage in the future aside from the obvious of not playing in that server?
Has anyone else been F**ked by the LOCO CLAN?
keyoshi
+28|6443
haha I've never played with loco clan, but that sounds typical. I was playing Kaboom earlier today, and I was owning EVERYONE, first place every round, and then they BAN me, yes BAN me to make room for an admin. Talk about fu*ked up.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6852|Denver colorado
I was practicing my japanese in a game with trigger happy and I said shite which translates to did in english and I got booted.

THEY ARE RACIST AGAINST ROMANJI! hidoii~
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6220|Cali
P.S.
How do you repay their "ACTS of Noobness"?
I mean, they F*** you over and they laugh about it, while you've been wronged and there's nothing you can do?
What can you do to pay those F***'s back?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6417|The Gem Saloon
its a game, go to a different server or get a different hobby.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6368|Cali
12 year-olds + bf2cc = /wrists
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6796|California, US
Today in the DA server i was more of playing for infy and heli, since they kick me every time i get the jet.
But all the members were on US on dragon valley and they were never able to get on land and i was like 20-0 in the heli, they kicked me and i rejoined but right before the round ended... they restarted the round.... i didnt think you can do that with a ranked server....
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6792|Human Meat Shield
dA are idiots. Hell their leader uses hacks and believes no one should be in the sky but him and if they are losing, they pause or restart the server - they say (and its true) : "Its our server, we pay for it and run it how we want, if you want to kick people for your jet, donate and you become admin" .. ROFL.. My thing is that the idiots that keep going there to help them populate it, I dont blame the dA clan, I blame the people going there because they know they are going to get kicked for stupid shit. Without other populating it dA wouldnt even have a server.

Im surprised we arent on this thread yet....

Last edited by imdead (2007-05-31 19:50:16)

[-DER-]Omega
+188|6850|Lithuania

ClanBSAdmin wrote:

We all have our views and thats what makes the world go'round. We all run our servers a certain way, this thread is dead.

Enjoy the day.
My friend and I received a perma ban from the (-BS-) server for no viable reason whatsoever. Just because someone is better than you doesn't mean you have the right to ban freely. That's asinine, and you did it. Your excuse for the ban that we were hacking and showing disrespect towards the admins... which is, as I previously stated before the ban and in your forums (which by the way I was banned from...), is a false accusation.

I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks your admin usage is questionable. GG, BS.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6512
I was flying on texas team players when they decided to ban me for supposed "hacks" with no proof heres the link to the post I submited to totalbf2 because I wanted this to be public, not just in their forums.  there is a part where one of their members decides to edit my post...  and gets busted by pretty much the whole community... read on and laugh on... i know I am.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116110
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6796|California, US

||3rb||MOBB wrote:

I was flying on texas team players when they decided to ban me for supposed "hacks" with no proof heres the link to the post I submited to totalbf2 because I wanted this to be public, not just in their forums.  there is a part where one of their members decides to edit my post...  and gets busted by pretty much the whole community... read on and laugh on... i know I am.

dude we get your point you made like 5 post about this.... i got banned too and still waiting to be unbanned, so just relax lol and yes that pb ss is no proof just like many servers have banned me and saying im hacking with no proof..
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6512
thanks stungun, yeah I know, its not the banning I'm pissed about, its the fact they tried to fabricate a false confession to cheating by me, by altering one of my posts, and got caught doing it, and I have proof.  check out this link bro, and read page 4 of it, tell me that wouldnt get you a little upset too,

albino cookie
The only Karkand whore who doesn't medic whore
+12|6320|katrina sucks

Entertayner wrote:

I got kicked for saying n00b...
lol i got banned for saying n00b
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6434|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
It's nice to see you got quite a crowd backing you mobb.

I like it when bigdog blows his top:

Bigdog wrote:

My turn.

TotalBF2 can kiss TTP's lily white ***. They are not, have not been, and will never EVER be an authority over ANYTHING but a bunch of clan faggots and homeless gamers. They live just to sit around and "pwn" people. They are not TTP, and TTP is not totalBF2. So, they are no longer a topic of conversation.

Why don't we show what files, screenshots, and evidence to the accused in public forums? For many, many reasons. None of which are privy to non-admins. I'll be a pal and give you one though.

PROVIDING SUCH INFORMATION REVEALS THE METHODS IN WHICH WE ACQUIRE AND ANALYZE SUCH INFORMATION. IT ALSO REVEALS WHO GOT IT, WHEN THEY GOT IT, AND HOW THEY GOT IT. IN THE WAR ON CHEATING, SUCH INFORMATION MUST BE KEPT SECRET. PERIOD.

And if you knew **** about shat, you'd UNDERSTAND THAT, and walk.

Instead, you want to play games, talk trash, and never shut up. You THINK you have the ability to go on forever, play spam wars, and make good points. But the reality is....should you care to read your other posts in this and other threads.....is THAT YOU DON'T. You are allowed to speak merely at the will of those in control. And....sadly for you...those in control no longer wish you to have that right. You have no base argument, you have no points, you have no leverage, you have no clout, you have no history, you have no merit, you have no value to TTP......so......you don't get to speak.

Whether MOBB's post was edited or not is TTP business. Only a few web admins will ever know. All that really matters, though, is that is what the post says. "MOBB IS A CHEATER", as per his posts in the TTP forums.

Should any more totalBF2 fan boys, 3RB wannabes', of any of you other clan ****s wish to bring it on TTP property, just imagine what other things you'll say.....or WILL say.

Xodus is banned. All site mods and admins are INSTRUCTED to ban ON SIGHT any member of 3RB, and anyone from TotalBF2 that initiates this discussion in the forums, OR IN THE SERVER.

BAN, IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT PAUSE, ALL OF THEM.

Such is the consequence of the few (MOBB and Xodus).....you are all now excommunicated. Don't feel too bad.....there's plenty of other jack ****, punk ***, arrogant little CAL-loving, ladder-sucking, hack-using, 12-sided die rolling, spell casting, orc dressing, roflolmao-spamming, forum trolling, clan-over-community guild loving ****tards to play with OUTSIDE of TTP.

But within these walls........never again. So let it be written. Punk.
Gold. I think half of my clan is actually banned from there too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard