syndicat111
+39|6723|UK
(I searched here and on PR site, but found no extra help)

Im interested in downloading/installing PR, but have installed AF before EF, however it stats that you should install it

BF2<SF<EF<AF

It doesnt mention whether this will be a problem, only that you should install EF first.  However, if I can get away without re-installing everything without any problems, that would be great... so

does it matter which way EF/AF are installed?

karma for help 

----
side note - my game has otherwise been installed "correctly" and is fully patched.
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6608|I'm a Viking....Norway
i don't think so.... i have never heard that it gotta be installed in a certain order.....
syndicat111
+39|6723|UK
http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?t … tion_Guide

1) Battlefield 2

1b) Battlefield 2: Special Forces
1c) Battlefield 2: Euroforce
1d) Battlefield 2: Armored Fury
2) Latest full BF2 Patch (Currently: 1.41)

3) Latest PR Build (Currently: 0.5)
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6608|I'm a Viking....Norway
Note that PR does not require any expansion packs,
i guess that all that matters is that PR get installed last......

Last edited by Ki][mE (2007-05-29 14:04:17)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6437|Southern California
People make too big of a deal out of install order....

BF2 needs to go first, obviously. The install files for EF and AF are out of date, rather then releasing updates for BF2, EF AF SF, ect ect they bundle all the updates into one. The 1.41 update updates BF as well as all those others.

So BF2 must be installed first, any of the official EA mods must go next. The the 1.41 patch will update BF2 and all the official expansions....
Pretty much the only complication is that after installing the expansions they must be updated by running the latest BF2 patch. You could install BF2, patch, install EF, patch, SF, patch, ect....

You just have to patch after installing any official expansion to make sure they are up to date, and have BF2 installed so that there is a mod folder for them to be installed too

The PR install simply adds a PR directory to the MOD folder. While it requires an up to date version of BF2 to play, the updates don't effect it and so it can be installed at any point after BF2

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-05-29 16:31:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard