CowboySwim
+24|6207|BEHIND YOU!!!
Came across this article while surfing the web today.

Boston.com news wrote:

A debt collector trying to repossess a 2000 Ford Focus tried to yank a young mother out of her car so violently that he ripped off her necklace and punched her in the face, a prosecutor said today in court.

While the woman's 5-year-old daughter watched in horror Friday, another debt collector jumped on the hood like a “madman,” said Brendan Barnes, a prosecutor for the Plymouth County district attorney's office.

Afraid she was being carjacked, Sara Bradley, 25, drove to the Abington Police Department with the man clinging to her hood while his partner followed in another car. The two debt collectors from South Shore Auto Recovery -- Robert Simeone, 21, and his brother, Michael, 17 -- were arrested and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

"This appears to be two young men in the repo business going above and beyond the call of duty," said Barnes at the brothers' arraignment today in Brockton District Court.

Aurelie M. Couturier, the Simeone brothers' defense attorney, told a much different story. Bradley drove over Michael Simeone’s foot and then used her car to ram Robert Simeone, which is how he ended up on the hood. Bradley had fallen behind on her payments for the Ford and the men were trying to repossess the car on behalf of Crown Auto Sales, Couturier said.

The men pleaded not guilty today to the assault and battery charges and plan "to fight this case ... all the way to jury trial," Couturier said.

They were ordered held on $10,000 cash bail and are scheduled to appear again in court June 21.
This kind of appalled me...  I understand trying to reposess a car from falling behind on payments, but doing it by tearing a woman out of her car, breaking her necklace and punching her in the face is wrong.  And in front of her five year old daughter??! 

Ideas?
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6646|Camp XRay

should have paid her bills
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6619|Michigan, USA

Marlboroman82 wrote:

should have paid her bills
Never a truer statement, people who dont pay bills disgust me, though at the same time the excessive force didnt seem nesscary, expecially in front of a child.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-05-24 12:03:38)

CowboySwim
+24|6207|BEHIND YOU!!!
I totally support the car being repossessed, it's just the excessive force.  I don't think it was necessary to pull her by her necklace and punch her in the face in front of her 5 year old daughter.  I don't believe that she deserves to keep the car, but what the repo men did was wrong.  IMO at least.
samfink
+31|6578
the woman should have paid her bills, but the repo people were out of order. at least wait until she had gone back home then repo the car.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6678|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Reposing, good. Excessive force, bad. I don't know if anyone else has seen those shows on the Discovery or TLC channels but they usually do it when the person is nowhere near the car, for example they tow it from the parking lot of the persons work. That's exactly what these two jack holes should have done. What they did was just way too extreme, sure the woman should have paid her bills but that doesn't mean she should have been treated the way she was.
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6590|Up a tree

samfink wrote:

the woman should have paid her bills, but the repo people were out of order. at least wait until she had gone back home then repo the car.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6512|Gogledd Cymru

they shouldve assaulted the baby aswell, thats what you get for not paying bills
CowboySwim
+24|6207|BEHIND YOU!!!

surgeon_bond wrote:

they shouldve assaulted the baby aswell, thats what you get for not paying bills
LOL
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6666|England

surgeon_bond wrote:

I lolled
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6573|CH/BR - in UK

surgeon_bond wrote:

Please tell me you intended a "/sarcasm" to go there...
Reposing is, imo, the right thing to do. However, excessive force is never agreeable. I agree that this should have been done when she got home.

-konfusion
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6666|England
Gotta love how one of the tossers kept ahold of the car. Still, people should pay their bills, violence should never becoem a part of debt collecting.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6548|South Florida
Ill tell you 1 thing, if i ever need a repo man im calling them!
That'll teach bitches not to go bad on there payments

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-05-24 12:36:43)

15 more years! 15 more years!
CowboySwim
+24|6207|BEHIND YOU!!!

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Gotta love how one of the tossers kept ahold of the car. Still, people should pay their bills, violence should never becoem a part of debt collecting.
Yeah I laughed when I read that one guy held on to the hood of the car all the way to the police station.  But I agree that violence shouldn't be a part of debt collecting.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6644|London, England
I bet we're not getting the full story of this. I bet that woman was in the car being an idiot. You know how they can be. All "I'm not getting out of this car and you can't make me" - i would've probably punched her too.
jonsimon
+224|6518
I love how almost everyone instantly believes the pair is guilty. So much for innocent until proven otherwise.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6685|USA
I would have shot both of them in the head and left them in the street. Riding away in my free car.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6512|Gogledd Cymru

surgeon_bond wrote:

apparently some "guys" that are sounding like chicks arent impressed with this so now i have to pretend it was sarcasm
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6794|PNW

That'll teach her to take a loan from the Corleones.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6206|Ireland
You get letters in the mail asking to give the car back to the owner (loan company) before they send the Repo man.  Basically the lady was stealing as far as I'm concerned.

I personally would have clubed the lady like a fur seal with her 5 year old daughter as an example for the other loan defaulters.
PureFodder
+225|6308
An odd tip for thise living in the UK; If the bailiffs come a knocking, close all your windows and doors and politely tell them through the door where they can stick the idea of repossesing stuff. They're only allowed in your house if you invite them or if a window/door is open. As far as a car goes, if you're not in it the bailiffs can sieze it, if you're in it and they force you out, you can take them to court and probably win all the money you owed, which will probably happen in this case if she's telling the truth.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard