Poll

Which One of these Candidates would you vote for President?

A17%17% - 11
B3%3% - 2
C51%51% - 33
D28%28% - 18
Total: 64
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6801

jonsimon wrote:

ATG wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

None, they all support either military action or defense funding.
Some people live in the real world, not a idealist youth utopian fantasy.
Oh, so switzerland hasn't been peaceful for how many years?

And the defense budget isn't lacking, we're not in the cold war anymore.

I'm not the one whom reality eludes.
"In an intelligence report completed in May, the Swiss Federal Police reversed previous assessments that the domestic risk of terrorism was nearly nonexistent. The report concluded that Switzerland had become "a jihadi field of operation" and predicted that terrorist attacks were "an increasing possibility."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 95_pf.html

Nobody is truly safe.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6724|United States of America

Bertster7 wrote:

They're all republicans and democrats. They're American parties. I can't vote for either of them.

Just think of the men as king and woman as queen.

"Well I didn't vote for you."
"You don't vote for king!"

I picked Mr. D by the way.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2007-05-15 16:28:58)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina

UGADawgs wrote:

I'm hoping that everyone sees that this is obviously just Bush, Clinton, and Obama thrown in with a Muslim Bush (I guess the idea is to show that Americans are racist or whatever by showing how few people would vote for a Muslim) but just hasn't felt like mentioning it.
Candidate A isn't Bush, he can't be elected three times, can he?  And the Muslim guy can't be a Muslim Bush, since he wants to solve the immigration issue. 
The idea is to show nothing.  I don't think Americans are racists.  Obama will probably win the election.  And he is black.  So, get your conclusions right.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-15 16:26:19)

UGADawgs
+13|6361|South Carolina, US

sergeriver wrote:

UGADawgs wrote:

I'm hoping that everyone sees that this is obviously just Bush, Clinton, and Obama thrown in with a Muslim Bush (I guess the idea is to show that Americans are racist or whatever by showing how few people would vote for a Muslim) but just hasn't felt like mentioning it.
Candidate A isn't Bush, he can't be elected three times, can he?  And the Muslim guy can't be a Muslim Bush, since he graduated with honors and he wants to solve the immigration issue. 
The idea is to show nothing.  I don't think Americans are racists.  Obama will probably win the election.  And he is black.  So, get your conclusions right.
Don't be cute. It's obvious that A is a parody after Bush. Sure, he wasn't a congressman and doesn't have just one daughter, but everything else is modeled after him. "Bad student," "daughter with drinking habits," and supportive of the Bush Doctrine? Come one, you have to be a little more subtle than that.

Why else would you put Bush and the two main Democratic candidates next to a Muslim man? It's obvious that you're going to try to use the results to show that "Americans won't vote for a Muslim at any cost" or something like that.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6746
None of the above
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6530|Menlo Park, CA
Not a viable candidate you liberal hack!!!
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6558|Montucky

ATG wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

None, they all support either military action or defense funding.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6666|Sea to globally-cooled sea
lol I guess this survey rules out Hilary
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6530|Menlo Park, CA

G3|Genius wrote:

lol I guess this survey rules out Hilary
What a cunt she is!!
ChaosSka5
+4|6250|Wisconsin- We Eat People
none, they're either Dem or Rep... the two party system sucks. i want a pro-choice, pro-gun rights, with a big enough govt to pay for the mistakes it's made in foreign affairs. but i guess that's an idealist utopian fantasy too
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6615|federal way washington
write in vote for micky mouse
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

If you really wanted a fictitious candidate:

Candidate E:
Sex: Hermaphrodite
Race: Hispanic (oops, I can't say that, can I?)
Religion: Jedi
Education: Eighteen College Degrees
Curriculum: Two years on city council
Foreign Policies: Where diplomacy fails, shim supports the use of military force to repel/redirect threats from shis country and to enforce economic well-being; supports allied nations.
Domestic Issues: He supports a small government with low taxes, is concerned about the immigration problem, pro-life, pro-gun rights
Global Warming: an issue that is not fully understood
Personal: Single, one clone, desire to invest in space lasers.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-05-15 17:13:05)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina

UGADawgs wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

UGADawgs wrote:

Candidate A isn't Bush, he can't be elected three times, can he?  And the Muslim guy can't be a Muslim Bush, since he graduated with honors and he wants to solve the immigration issue. 
Don't be cute. It's obvious that A is a parody after Bush. Sure, he wasn't a congressman and doesn't have just one daughter, but everything else is modeled after him. "Bad student," "daughter with drinking habits," and supportive of the Bush Doctrine? Come one, you have to be a little more subtle than that.

Why else would you put Bush and the two main Democratic candidates next to a Muslim man? It's obvious that you're going to try to use the results to show that "Americans won't vote for a Muslim at any cost" or something like that.
The one with drinking habits is the guy, not the daughter, lol.  It doesn't matter anyway.  And regarding the Muslim guy, do you think Americans would vote for a Muslim?  Some people maybe.  But most people would not.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6496|The edge of sanity
d he goes on a lot of my guidelines in politics.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6795|United States of America
A or D.
UGADawgs
+13|6361|South Carolina, US

sergeriver wrote:

UGADawgs wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

The one with drinking habits is the guy, not the daughter, lol.  It doesn't matter anyway.  And regarding the Muslim guy, do you think Americans would vote for a Muslim?  Some people maybe.  But most people would not.
Whatever, it's a jab at Bush's prior alcoholism, then.

I don't know if Americans would vote for a Muslim president. Most people I know wouldn't, but that's hardly a cross section of society. That said, if a black president seems like a strong possibility, a Muslim candidate can't be far behind.
ChaosSka5
+4|6250|Wisconsin- We Eat People

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you really wanted a fictitious candidate:

Candidate E:
Sex: Hermaphrodite
Race: Hispanic (oops, I can't say that, can I?)
Religion: Jedi
Education: Eighteen College Degrees
Curriculum: Two years on city council
Foreign Policies: Where diplomacy fails, shim supports the use of military force to repel/redirect threats from shis country and to enforce economic well-being; supports allied nations.
Domestic Issues: He supports a small government with low taxes, is concerned about the immigration problem, pro-life, pro-gun rights
Global Warming: an issue that is not fully understood
Personal: Single, one clone, desire to invest in space lasers.
if candidate E was available s/he'd get my vote just for being a jedi.

Last edited by ChaosSka5 (2007-05-15 18:45:15)

Pathog3n
+4|6232
Well, seeing as how candidate C expresses quite a few conservative beliefs (<3 Obama),  I'm going to have to say he has my vote...

I'm not so hardcore conservative, but I do have my interests.
jonsimon
+224|6535

usmarine2005 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

ATG wrote:

"In an intelligence report completed in May, the Swiss Federal Police reversed previous assessments that the domestic risk of terrorism was nearly nonexistent. The report concluded that Switzerland had become "a jihadi field of operation" and predicted that terrorist attacks were "an increasing possibility."

Nobody is truly safe.
My point stands, peace is a reality. ATG is thoroughly incorrect when he implies that peace is a fantasy.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6801

jonsimon wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Nobody is truly safe.
My point stands, peace is a reality. ATG is thoroughly incorrect when he implies that peace is a fantasy.
So the country can have peace as long as it exports terror.  Got it.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Nobody is truly safe.
What?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6683
peace is just the period of time between fighting that we've given a name to.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6801

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

What?
What?  They don't attack anyone ever yet allow terror to set up a base of operations to launch terror worldwide.  Eventually it will bite them in the ass.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard