Poll

Should EA take off hours required for ranks?

Yes, There should be no required hours.56%56% - 82
No, The requirements for general are fine right now.43%43% - 62
Total: 144
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6596|federal way washington

shadowcell_01 wrote:

I am extremely dissapointed that EA has to punish good players by giving them required amounts of "in-game time" in order to achive higher ranks. Pisses me off that I won't go directly to 2 star and I have to wait forever on 3 star because theres a 190 hour gap. So I have a question. I am 15 years old and go to high school and I need to find the easiest way possible to earn these hours and finally achieve 3 star. How the hell do I do it without dropping my score per minute too much? Well there really is no way. My clan has 2 people in it that cannot get ranks because of hours (not including me). One of them has about 750 hours and 170k points. I have 1089 hours and 167k points. Another one has over 230k and only 1,2?? hours. Who else thinks EA should take the time required rule off the game for rank requirements?

Please back up your statement and vote with a valid arguement as to what you think.
this is tough, if you advance too fast its a farce, to me when you become an officer your advancement should be determed by being a teamleader or comander
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6742
The whole rank system is arbitrary, I personally liked when it was harder out of the box. By the original system getting unlocks was something to plan for. I remember when I was nearly up to my first unlock and I spent so much time reading the opinions of the first people who'd got unlocks and weighing up the different choices and finally settling on the G36C (unlike a large number of people who read "SNIPER RIFLE THAT CAN SHOOT HELICOPTER PILOTS", lol) and then playing with it, it was so satisfying to have this new unique gun and to figure out its physics.

That was the good feeling. The higher ranks felt an insane distance away, and it was a long slog, so you were very rarely thinking about higher ranks, but you were aware of them and you'd be secretly impressed when you saw a rank you'd never seen before ingame. You'd pick up kits to try out unlockable weapons, like getting an older brother to buy you alcohol. That, for me, is how promotion should have stayed, it was rare and you felt so great about it when you got it. They nerfed it and suddenly everyone has all the guns, SF comes out and suddenly you've got another 5 guns, a patch later and another 2 on top of that, all of it without any sense of achievement.

Once you get past the unlocks, the only reason to have a higher rank is to win at applying for commander, so it's mostly about status and wanting to 'finish' the ranks by getting to the top. So it's tempting to want it to be easier / quicker, but the thing is, once you've earned it, it's gone, it isn't special anymore. Tell me your fourth unlock felt as amazingly cool as your first unlock. It's the hunt which is rewarding, like the split second before you knife a guy who hasn't seen you. So I voted no because I would like the promotions to keep tasting like anticipation for a bit longer yet.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6291
I agree. Although its unlikely i'm going to get to those ranks myself, it should be the other way round if anything. Let the good players get their 2 star general, and everyone who has a lower spm gets the 1 star.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6358
no because stat padders shouldn't get to be general with like 500 hrs played. a lot of people make multi accounts so there stats are better and don't have purple hearts from when they were new, but now they have to wait to get those ranks. just make one account an play on it. only thing i think that should be changed is the Armor time requirements. 400 hrs for expert. i don't even have 200 hrs in the jet which is my favorite thing in bf2, 150 hrs is reasonable.
ZamoII
+11|6241

RDMC(2) wrote:

Well not completely, I mean I am not in the same position as some of you are, being stuck with 1 star gen and having to play another 70 hours before reaching my 2 star promotion and then another 190 hours for the 3 star. I say that they atleast lower the 3 star gen. to 1300 hours. Cuz 1440 is way too much.
youve played the game for 1000 hours, another 130 wont make a difference.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6703|Disaster Free Zone
Hour requirements are good at stopping Karkand IO whores form getting ranks they don't deserve.
hollabackitsobi
+1|6269
If it really bothers you that you have a virtual eagle beside your name instead of a couple of virtual stars then you really need help.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6311|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

DrunkFace wrote:

Hour requirements are good at stopping Karkand IO whores form getting ranks they don't deserve.
But I play Karkand IO (mostly) with the anti-tank kit (Check my stats, no DAO-12 or P-90, pure stock SMGs and rockets). Can I be exempt?
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6587|Area 51

ZamoII wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Well not completely, I mean I am not in the same position as some of you are, being stuck with 1 star gen and having to play another 70 hours before reaching my 2 star promotion and then another 190 hours for the 3 star. I say that they atleast lower the 3 star gen. to 1300 hours. Cuz 1440 is way too much.
youve played the game for 1000 hours, another 130 wont make a difference.
Yeah it does actually, as you do not have a goal to go after. Only the 200.000 mark, but that is countered by the fact you have to play for so long to get the actual rank. Ah well. I picked up SF again so it wont be that bad to get to 2 stars. 3 stars might be a problem though..
DooM
+28|6328
No, it makes it too easy then you will complain that you can't go up in rank anymore etc. If anything maybe EA should have kept it how it was originally? where you needed like 20k for Sergeant or w.e it was.
horseshat
+4|6268
there isn't going to be a next patch ffs

stop dreaming
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6703|Disaster Free Zone

cowami wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

But I play Karkand IO (mostly) with the anti-tank kit (Check my stats, no DAO-12 or P-90, pure stock SMGs and rockets). Can I be exempt?
No offence but I don't think the hour requirements will matter for you atm... but I'm sure you'll improve over the next 1000 hours. So get back to me then...

But seriously play all the maps, with vehicles. Its what the game was designed for and is so much more fun. If you want to just play IO, I wont hold it against you (until you start sprouting how good you are) but you are missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6311|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

DrunkFace wrote:

cowami wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

No offence but I don't think the hour requirements will matter for you atm... but I'm sure you'll improve over the next 1000 hours. So get back to me then...

But seriously play all the maps, with vehicles. Its what the game was designed for and is so much more fun. If you want to just play IO, I wont hold it against you (until you start sprouting how good you are) but you are missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer.
Don't worry, I attempt to play other maps. The only reason you'll find me on Karkand IO a lot is that even with a low ping, my computer tends to lag if I play anything marginally vehicle filled (especially air maps).

Besides, I suck, and I know it, so it's all good. I'll never wind up bragging. Except maybe about my 1337 SRAW skillz.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6465|Austria - Graz
In my opinion, the requirements for a
1 star general should be:
190 000 points and every  badge on veteran
2star:
220 000 points , all kits expert and the rest badges veteran (so u only need the sharpshooter inf. medal)
3 star:
250 000 points, every badge expert.

4 star:
300 000 points, every badge expert, being in the top 50 of his country.

5 star (should be included)
333 000 points, in the top ten. this would relay be a honorable rank!

The current requirements are ridiculous!

Last edited by killa_karnickl (2007-05-13 11:19:55)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6587|England

killa_karnickl wrote:

2star:
220 000 points , all kits expert and the rest badges veteran (so u only need the sharpshooter inf. medal)
3 star:

4 star:

Hmmm, a 5star would be interesting actually. I like the idea of all experts for 3star. Although I still think there should be a time associated with the ranks as it is now.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6366|Cali
Pffft, yea.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6660|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Ea wont touch this game anymore, forget about it  !
~c4~cheppi
+29|6379|Forest Green

Snake wrote:

killa_karnickl wrote:

2star:
3 star:

4 star:

Hmmm, a 5star would be interesting actually. I like the idea of all experts for 3star. Although I still think there should be a time associated with the ranks as it is now.
Lol, imagine all the players claiming to be from San marino or somewhere just to get that 4 star
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6566|Flower Mound, TX
Killa +1. Great idea. Also I think I know EA won't patch it it's just a thought.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6676

I voted yes they should change it, but now I'm regretting that after reading some of the comments. Yeah it'd be way too easy, especially with all the IO whores (not to mention IO Karkand Medic whores). If you want to rank up, you should be forced to bide your time, and all those people out there might want to spend that time learning other aspects of the game besides grenades, Karkand, and IO servers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard