Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6789|Mark it zero.
At the time I thought I saw/touched a dead body. I was at this lake and out about a hundred feet there was someone floating around. I swam out there to see what was going on, and sure enough she was unconcious and had thrown up all over herself. I brought her to shore and she was very very pale. Not breathing either. someone started CPR and my friend called 911. I thought she must have been dead because they couldnt bring her back with defibs for like 10 minutes. But she ended up living. Must have had lots of brain damage though.
Nintendogamer
+72|6627|Chelmsford, UK

Superglueman wrote:

I worked for the railway here in Sydney for a few years, whilst working in an underground station, some guy commited suicide in the tunnel by jumpin in front of the train in peak hour.
I had the chance to see the body when it happened, cause i had to go up into the tunnel and get the passengers out of the train, but i decided not to....

.....trains stopped for hours, police,coroners..etc came, but they left the body in a body bag on the platform in a small storage room for several more hours. I had to mop the trail left when they had dragged the bodybag up out of the tunnel and along the platform!...Yuck!

Next night on backshift, i walked up the tunnel with a co-worker when trains had stopped to the alcove the guy jumped from. When we got there, there was blood all around the wall and floor...the co-worker started freakin' so we ran back to the platform...

Even though all in saw was grey matter and blood, it left me queasy and uneasy about backshift for weeks.
my uncle saw someone jump on the electric tracks at an underground station, he said the guy just jumped and then (my uncles words not mine) his skin kind of melted and the station went all hot.

My gran also saw a dead body being dragged from a lake. she said it was all green.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6673|Sin City

scottomus0 wrote:

Yeah my nans open casket. She looked so peaceful and smart.
Smart?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6707

- Funerals
- University (not a med student, but just curious)
- Hospital morgue (once again, curious)
- Highway fatalities

- My wife's miscarriage at 3 months.  I still go to tears whenever I think about this.

But my wife has had it worse, as a nurse.  She's seen plenty of dead from her stint at Emergency wards.  Worse she said were blue stillborns.
jord
+2,382|6718|The North, beyond the wall.
I've seen lots of pictures if that counts.
CC-Marley
+407|6869
Yes. When I was 8 my moms boyfriend dropped dead right in front of me. He had a heart-attack 2 days after getting out of the hospital. Unfortunately we were the only two home at the time. Another time some buddies and I saw this guy after getting hit by a car. He was drunk as hell walking along the highway. Earlier in the night he was staying at the cottages we were partying at. Almost started a fight with our buddy Matt, whom he called a N***er. Matty being black took offense. We were playing card for money and he accused my buddies lil bro of staeling $ from him. We kicked the guy out and an hour later he was in the windshield of a car. Karma's a bitch I guess.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6606|England

Yup. Only one. But I wont ever forget her.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6514|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Yup i seen one, car crash at the side of the road just laying there, with bloody everywhere.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6688|I smell corners
have seen a lot at once in Thailand, just finished breakfast an was going to the beach when the tsunami arrived. It was really scary when I saw the waves approaching but even more after everything was over.
link52787
+29|6562
yes, at funerals.  My grandpa died last July, in a couple of months it will be a year since his death.  I was going to see him before he died but the America Airline delayed my flight so I got there 12 hours too late, when I got there I saw him lying lifeless, peacefully, he was fighting cancer.
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6665|Ghost Town
Yes. The father of my girlfriend. He went to sleep and never awakes (well at last it's a comfortable way to die). Her mom came to our room screaming that she thinks that he's probably dead..and he was. That was one of the worst days/nights in my life.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6499|behind my rifle
ive watched my friend die 3 times, while we performed CPR on him... i saw him get shocked by the shock paddles to
Panikfrost
+9|6574
as far as being clinically dead i count 3 times.1st time was in middle school when I hung myself from the stairwell.2nd was when I was 16 I tried to drive my dodge sienna off a bridge only to be stopped by the divder/wall damn steering wheel unlocked and it crushed my sternum,rib cage and fractered my neck and the last time was a few years ago when this girl I was with for about 3 years played me dirty and left me for some guy she played socom 2 online with.I have a heart murmur and my heart bpm slowed down so much it stopped.but you know too tell you the truth I always thought I was "god's punchingbag"  and I think all that happened to make me a better person
link52787
+29|6562

Panikfrost wrote:

as far as being clinically dead i count 3 times.1st time was in middle school when I hung myself from the stairwell.2nd was when I was 16 I tried to drive my dodge sienna off a bridge only to be stopped by the divder/wall damn steering wheel unlocked and it crushed my sternum,rib cage and fractered my neck and the last time was a few years ago when this girl I was with for about 3 years played me dirty and left me for some guy she played socom 2 online with.I have a heart murmur and my heart bpm slowed down so much it stopped.but you know too tell you the truth I always thought I was "god's punchingbag"  and I think all that happened to make me a better person
whoa, 3 times being clinically dead.  Sorry to hear that.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6673|Sin City

11sog_raider wrote:

ive watched my friend die 3 times, while we performed CPR on him... i saw him get shocked by the shock paddles to
It wasn't Panikfrost was it?
BVC
+325|6736
In person, only in caskets.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6883|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I haven't seen a single corpse yet.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6486|Australia.

D6717C wrote:

scottomus0 wrote:

Smart?
I believe it's a term to address someone's attire. E.g. "He looks smart in that suit."

I think I was about 4 or 5 when I saw a dead body. We used to live in a mining town, and some guy jumped on the tracks as a train went past. All us kids thinking it was damn awesome to see a dead body.
Other than that, only held one of my Auntie's ashes.
weamo8
+50|6483|USA
I have been to several (edit: three - several is an exaggeration) open casket funerals.

In my two years in Rio de Janiero I saw 3 dead bodies; two of which died violently.

I witnessed a guy get shot right in the head.  He was dead before he hit the ground.  One of the worst feelings I have ever felt (and I was probably 30-40 yards away).

No matter what they tell you, real violence is way, way, way different than video game violence.  I truly can't see a correlation between them.

Last edited by weamo8 (2007-05-08 07:11:36)

D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6673|Sin City

Macca wrote:

D6717C wrote:

scottomus0 wrote:

Smart?
I believe it's a term to address someone's attire. E.g. "He looks smart in that suit."

I think I was about 4 or 5 when I saw a dead body. We used to live in a mining town, and some guy jumped on the tracks as a train went past. All us kids thinking it was damn awesome to see a dead body.
Ahhhhh, that makes sense.

Being hit by a train is messy. We have pictures at work of a guy that jumped off of the Statosphere Tower, and landed on Las Vegas Blvd (The Strip). It's 1149 feet tall, and he was a mess. His spine came out of his back and was laying next to him and his fingertips all blew out.

https://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1506/450pxstratospherelasvegeh2.jpg
jord
+2,382|6718|The North, beyond the wall.

D6717C wrote:

Macca wrote:

D6717C wrote:

Smart?

Being hit by a train is messy. We have pictures at work of a guy that jumped off of the Statosphere Tower, and landed on Las Vegas Blvd (The Strip). It's 1149 feet tall, and he was a mess. His spine came out of his back and was laying next to him and his fingertips all blew out.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1506/4 … vegeh2.jpg
So do you have these pictures with you now?
jsnipy
+3,276|6563|...

when i was in my teens, we had a kid pass out at a party (drinking too many shots). He died in the car on the way to the hospital.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6673|Sin City

jord wrote:

D6717C wrote:

Macca wrote:

I believe it's a term to address someones attire. E.g. "He looks smart in that suit."

Being hit by a train is messy. We have pictures at work of a guy that jumped off of the Stratosphere Tower, and landed on Las Vegas Blvd (The Strip). It's 1149 feet tall, and he was a mess. His spine came out of his back and was laying next to him and his fingertips all blew out.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1506/4 … vegeh2.jpg
So do you have these pictures with you now?
Unfortunately they are in my Sgt's office in a large binder that has pictures and Officers reports on suspicious deaths, homicides and suicides. My Sgt used to be in Homicide, and they used the binder as a training aid. The pictures have to stay at work because of legal issues for the victims families. I can understand why, especially with a couple of the guys that dressed themselves up like women before killing themselves. Besides, I would get banned for posting stuff like that I'm sure.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard