adawhi
+0|6736
Sorry if this has been covered ad naseum (or if I am just  a moron!), I searched, but did not find a description.

What is a Driver Special Abililty point?

Thanks.
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6781|Branson, MO, USA
When you are medic and sitting in a Humvee, you automagically heal all the other occupants of the humvee, and any teammates NEAR the humvee.

The same is true for resupplying as Support and repairing as Engineer. And it works with any vehicle... I just used medic/humvee as an example.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6856|Belgium

Sahasrahla wrote:

When you are medic and sitting in a Humvee, you automagically heal all the other occupants of the humvee, and any teammates NEAR the humvee.

The same is true for resupplying as Support and repairing as Engineer. And it works with any vehicle... I just used medic/humvee as an example.
@Sahahsrahla: Are you absolutely positive about this?

Last time I checked these are not driver special ability points, they are just your ordinary teamwork points.

@adawhi

Your DSAP are the points you earn when you are the driver of any vehicle and your passenger(s) earns a point. This can be either a combat or teamwork point. (you'll get a small message you got a ...-assist point)

Or check the wiki for more info.

Cheers,
R
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6745|Gütersloh, Germany
Driver Special Abbility is in-game something completly different than the ordinary Driver Point you see on your stats page

Driver Special Abbility
You drive in a vehicle and one of your passengers gets a heal/resupply/repair point. You get a Driver Special Abbility point. It's necessary for the Crew Service Ribbon.
You also get one if you do cool maneuvers with your vehicle i.e. dodging a lot of AA-Missiles in a jet or do a u-turn in a car.
In a bomber or attack chopper as co-pilot/gunner you get a DSA when your pilot heals/resupplies/repairs someone.
I'm not 100% positive about it but I think you get one as a passenger in any vehicle if you and the driver are the only ones in it and the driver scores a heal/resupply/repair point

Driver Points
The driver points on the stats page are Driver Special Abbility and Driver Kill Assist added up
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6877|Cologne, Germany

don't forget to check the FAQ http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6173 or the Wiki http://wiki.bf2s.com/ for such things.

or use the Search button...
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6781|Branson, MO, USA

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

@Sahahsrahla: Are you absolutely positive about this?
No. I assumed this, because the crew service ribbons require 20 driver kill assists (when someone else in your vehicle kills somebody), and 1 driver special ability point. Since this is obviously something seperate from "driver kill assists", and the only other time I've gotten points while driving was when I healed/resupplied/repaired somebody via proximity to my vehicle, this lead me to the conclusion that THAT is a "driver special ability point". Plus the situation described above fits the term "special ability point" very well, as it is the special ability of your particular class/kit at the time.

Last edited by Sahasrahla (2006-01-20 10:01:51)

Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6781|Branson, MO, USA

B.Schuss wrote:

don't forget to check the FAQ http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6173 or the Wiki http://wiki.bf2s.com/ for such things.
There's no mention of the word "special" in the FAQ, and the only thing in the WIKI is Driver Assist Points. The same information is in the FAQ. Not sure if that's the same thing or not.

Last edited by Sahasrahla (2006-01-20 10:02:51)

Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6781|Branson, MO, USA

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Your DSAP are the points you earn when you are the driver of any vehicle and your passenger(s) earns a point. This can be either a combat or teamwork point. (you'll get a small message you got a ...-assist point)
This doesn't make sense to me. Why would they require 1 "Special Ability Point" and 20 "Driver Kill Assists" for the Crew Service Ribbons. According to your statement, you're GUARANTEED 20 "Special Ability Points" right along with your Driver Kill Assists, so it seems redundant to require just 1 of those.
Chowley
+1|6722|Ireland

Ali wrote:

Driver Special Abbility is in-game something completly different than the ordinary Driver Point you see on your stats page

Driver Special Abbility
You drive in a vehicle and one of your passengers gets a heal/resupply/repair point. You get a Driver Special Abbility point. It's necessary for the Crew Service Ribbon.
You also get one if you do cool maneuvers with your vehicle i.e. dodging a lot of AA-Missiles in a jet or do a u-turn in a car.
In a bomber or attack chopper as co-pilot/gunner you get a DSA when your pilot heals/resupplies/repairs someone.
I'm not 100% positive about it but I think you get one as a passenger in any vehicle if you and the driver are the only ones in it and the driver scores a heal/resupply/repair point

Driver Points
The driver points on the stats page are Driver Special Abbility and Driver Kill Assist added up
Have you actually gotten a driver special ability point for this ? I have never got one by doing u turns :p and unfortunately after dodging a ridiculous amount of missiles flying jets on Kubra, no driver special ability. If i could actually get these regularly i could get my hands on a medal of valour soon enough.
DSRTurtle
+56|6722
There is a difference between the driver kill assists and driver special ability points.  If someone gets a kill in your vehicle you get the kill assist.  If someone gets an ammo point or heal point or repair point you get the driver special ability point.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6806|AUS, Canberra
YOU GET THEM WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING AND SOMEONE IN THE VEHICLE WITH YOU GETS A COMBAT OR TEAM POINT........you dont get them for kill assists when your the driver. thats why the ribbon is 20 kill assists and 1 driver special ability point, they are two diff things.
puchodog1977
Banned
+0|6783
i recieved an ability point while ramming a manned hummvee with a guy in the turret. and i t-boned him while my guy was firing from the turret of my vehicle. he flipped over and blew up .. bling bling special points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard