ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6764|In your head

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I just got my rebel service ribbon, I have a little over 20 hrs as Rebels, and as soon as my stats update I should have 50 hrs in theater.
Then that must be it. Thanks vengence.
oberst_enzian
+234|6765|melb.au
yep, i just got the SAS ribbon, not in a round but it just popped into my bfhq, and it was pretty much smack bang on 50 hours on SAS maps. so there you go.
TroyN
+0|6748

oberst_enzian wrote:

yep, i just got the SAS ribbon, not in a round but it just popped into my bfhq, and it was pretty much smack bang on 50 hours on SAS maps. so there you go.
Awesome, I believe this is finally solved. It also co-incides with how I got my SEAL ribbon. 46 some-odd SEAL hours and 7 hours MECSF. So a little bit over but close enough to not be strange or disproving. Great work guys. Although, I have no idea what the individual force time is.. isn't 5 hours though. Tried to get my MEC ribbon quite a few times after geting the SEAL one. Someone got it with 8 hours though and I don't quite have 8 hours yet. That may be it.
AchKillEs-LOD-
+1|6711

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I just got my rebel service ribbon, I have a little over 20 hrs as Rebels, and as soon as my stats update I should have 50 hrs in theater.
congrats maybe we finally found it out.thanx for the info
Fatbubba
+0|6710
uhm...I guess I'm going to make it worse....I just got insurgents ribbon at 39 hours in theater and 15 hours with the army
http://bf2s.com/player/43466979/

I give up, I'll just get them when I get them
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

20 +/- hours and i have mine, mabye it takes 10 players in a 64 map to do it :p
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6863|Toronto, Canada
I can confirm its 20 hours and 50 in theatre, I got it on the dot of 50 hours in theatre with 24 as SAS this evening.
Fatbubba
+0|6710
SAS seems to be just that yes, but maybe some are different, like my insurgent ribbon
oberst_enzian
+234|6765|melb.au
that seems to be the case...
OclaBzH35
+0|6707|France (Saint-Malo)
I ve got my second ribbon, the Insurgent

Army                 Time              Wins     Losses    B.R.   
Insurgent           37:53:47        102      71          168
SAS                   16:56:59        42        33          77  (receive the 2006-01-08)

I hope to receive the next ribbon (spetz)

Army                 Time              Wins     Losses    B.R.
SPETZ                19:11:50        46        34          116

Last edited by OclaBzH35 (2006-01-12 23:04:27)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6728|Antarctica
Its possible that the different ribbons have different time req's,  I think we have confirmed the fact that the SAS ribbon takes 50 hrs in service, but it seems the MEC SF might be different....
QuackinChicken
+1|6725

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I assume its 20 hrs and some other factors, because the rebelribbon is the only one I haven't recieved yet and I have under 20 hrs, but who knows
20 hours and a best round of 100 I believe,not sure if it is as high as 100 but I got it when I had 21 hrs and a 106 round on warlord (the ribbon just appeared in my profile)

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Its possible that the different ribbons have different time req's,  I think we have confirmed the fact that the SAS ribbon takes 50 hrs in service, but it seems the MEC SF might be different....
Def. not 50 hrs. check my stats. I think that the more maps a army is in the more time req. for that army to get a badge.

Edit: Do you mean 50 hrs total playing SF expansion or 50 per side? My fualt if you meant that because yes I do have 50 hours + of playing SF

Last edited by QuackinChicken (2006-01-13 11:35:31)

{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6863|Toronto, Canada
he means 50 hours in theatre (MAPS WITH SAS ON THEM, FOR EXAMPLE), you have that.
US_JackHammer
+1|6750
Perhaps this is how we get the arial service ribbon, without there being any planes, we are just randomly awarded this ribbon, of maybe its for shooting 5 people whilst parachute is deplyed... that would be like an aeroplane wouldnt it?>

p.s this is all merely in jest, no need to flame as im not serious
oberst_enzian
+234|6765|melb.au
i just got spetz, once again it came pretty much smack bang on 50 hours combined spetz maps.
AchKillEs-LOD-
+1|6711
became my insurgents ribbon after 20 hours played as insurgent and 50 hours playing insurgents maps.so vengeance is right ;-)
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6764|In your head
Well I am glad that is settled!
QuackinChicken
+1|6725

ghostgr wrote:

Well I am glad that is settled!
good then, now lets figure out this insurgent ribbon......
That and armored service(SF), I have seen people who have this yet I have gotten at least 35 kills iar with a tank and spent a good half hour in it, yet still no ribbon
oberst_enzian
+234|6765|melb.au
i got the armoured service smack bang on time. maybe it was a server glitch (i.e. the ubiquitous lost award story)? although it wouldn't surprise me if it was just bugged
WildBlueYonder
+0|6761|New Brunswick Canada
Now i don't have any, of the ribbons (not that worried really) so this is just my 2 cents. One absolutely known requirement is playing all of that factions maps (not necessarily as that specific army). we also know that it requires some time req, and an unknown factor. Now most people are getting things at 20 per army 50 theatre, this looks pretty convincing. However it takes many examples to prove something but only one to disprove it. Unfortunately Fatbubbas ribbons disproves this for at least the Insurgents, but i find it odd that EA would make each ribbon a different requirement since it wasn't like that in core bf2 (it also takes so much longer) so while the requirements may be different for the ribbons it is possible that they are all the same and that "unknown" is still out there. i have yet after analysing tons of stats figured it out and i'm done for tonight but i will try again later. I will be sure to post it in big freakin neon letters for all to see when i figure it out.
psyc1one
+0|6768
just got insurgent with less than 10 hrs as insurgent and about 27 hrs on maps with insurgent and best round with 70. i have plenty more hrs with either sas, mecsf and seals and higher best rounds too yet no ribbon. looks like each of the ribbons has it's own requirements
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6768|Branson, MO, USA
Yay, Chuy added Time in Theatre to the stats pages, so it should be easier to confirm these requirements...
oberst_enzian
+234|6765|melb.au

psyc1one wrote:

just got insurgent with less than 10 hrs as insurgent and about 27 hrs on maps with insurgent and best round with 70.
Man! W.T.F.

My Insurgent stats:

TIME           W    L     BR
Insurgent       11:11:56     57  16   161

Night Flight     05:29:03     20   6     40
Warlord          33:59:57   104  41   161

Theatre           39:29:00

How the hell have you gotten it, if I haven't, given my time in theatre, and best round?

I know it's a stupid, pointless, meaningless bloody image of a ribbon in a videogame, but... I can't help it... I care, for some reason...

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-19 22:24:19)

Icleos
+101|6765
So do you get a drumroll with these ribbons or do they appear randomly in your awards?  (I.E. MEC/PLA Ribbon)
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6786

oh my fucking god.

now that i have your attention, if it's so similar to the MEC and PLA ribbons, i'd like to point out that the requirements are known;
play each map once as each army. Done.

Now seeing the big similarities between both sets of ribbons, I don't see why the requirements would be any different.

And you can't confirm what maps you've played as what how many times, but I'm quite sure that it's agreed about the MEC and PLA ribbons.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard