Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6612|SE London

I love fighting games, I used to play loads of them all the time. These days fighting games (especially good ones) seem to be becoming very thin on the ground. I want more fighting games - proper ones! Recently the only fighting games that have interested me have been the Soul Calibur games and even those seem like they're missing something.

Are the days of the fighting game coming to an end? If so it would be a sad end to a great genre of highly competetive, fast paced action.

It's nice to see old classics being given a second lease of life though, with things like SF2 on the Xbox 360 marketplace available to play online. I'd like to see more of this kind of thing.

Here are some of my all time favourites:

Super Streetfighter 2
Fatal Fury Real Bout 2
Last Blade 2
Samurai Shodown 2
King of Fighters '98
SNK Vs Capcom (for Neo Geo Pocket Color)
Streetfighter EX2

What do you guys think about the demise of fighting games and what sort of fighting games do you have good memories of?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6674
mortal kombat on the snes changed my life.  needed the blood though.

mike tyson's punchout.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-16 12:52:54)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6662|949

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

mike tyson's punchout.
007-373-5963

Tekken series and Virtua Fighter for me.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6788|Argentina
Teken Series (PS1-PS2)
The Way of the Exploding Fist (C-64)
Soul Calibur (PS1-PS2)
Tenchu (PS2)
Virtua Fighter Series (PS2)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6662|949

Soul Calibur.  I can't believe I forgot that.

"But the soul still burns..."
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6453|San Antonio, TX
Dude my friend and I used to play Streets of Rage (I & II) all the time.  Love the 2d action!
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6479

Hey... I been looking to get TEKKEN 5 for the PS2. I heared that it's really good game. You get around 30 characters. Atm I am the highest bidder on ebay for that game!

33 characters + Jinpachi Mishima(you can play this character, only if u use a cheat)

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-04-16 13:14:40)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6612|SE London

silo1180 wrote:

Dude my friend and I used to play Streets of Rage (I & II) all the time.  Love the 2d action!
Streets of Rage was great! So was Final Fight and countless other 2D scrolling fighters. Great stuff.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6650|Mhz

Tekken Tag Tournament was easily the most fun though a bit slow compared to the latest ones, Tekken 4 and 5 were dissapointing despite being faster paced. Soul Calibur games were always good, Tekken comes out on top though.
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6746
I don't know that the genre is dead. But like flight sims it's going through a slow period.

Though I have seen ads for Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3.
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6655|Ghost Town
Must be the year 1992 where I got my SNES. Along came Street Fighter 2 and that was it. Countless other titles followed for the SNES (all SF Games, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Tuff Enough etc.) and for other consoles. But one is sure and those who know this console will know what I'm talking about: The Neo Geo AES (Cartridge Version) is THE Fighting game console. It's an exotic, rare console and not many (I guess?!) know it. I only have the CD version of the console (takes ages to load...single speed CD ROM )

My favourites:
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Samurai Shodown 2 & 4
King of Fighters 98'
Garou-Mark of the Wolves
Fatal Fury Real Bout special

...oh and "Neo Geo Battle Coliseum" for the PS2 is nice too!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6612|SE London

Sub-Zero79 wrote:

Must be the year 1992 where I got my SNES. Along came Street Fighter 2 and that was it. Countless other titles followed for the SNES (all SF Games, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Tuff Enough etc.) and for other consoles. But one is sure and those who know this console will know what I'm talking about: The Neo Geo AES (Cartridge Version) is THE Fighting game console. It's an exotic, rare console and not many (I guess?!) know it. I only have the CD version of the console (takes ages to load...single speed CD ROM )

My favourites:
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Samurai Shodown 2 & 4
King of Fighters 98'
Garou-Mark of the Wolves

Ahh, some GREAT games there. Personally I prefer RB2 to Special and Garou (I don't like all the new characters in Garou - there's no Andy Bogard, at least they left Terry in it).

My Neo Geo AES (greatest console of all time) is broken......

I nearly cried when I put a cartridge in one day and heard it go crunch. I did manage to sell my games for LOADS of money though.
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6655|Ghost Town

Bertster7 wrote:

Sub-Zero79 wrote:

My favourites:
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Samurai Shodown 2 & 4
King of Fighters 98'
Garou-Mark of the Wolves

Ahh, some GREAT games there. Personally I prefer RB2 to Special and Garou (I don't like all the new characters in Garou - there's no Andy Bogard, at least they left Terry in it).

My Neo Geo AES (greatest console of all time) is broken......

I nearly cried when I put a cartridge in one day and heard it go crunch. I did manage to sell my games for LOADS of money though.
Oh that's not funny. You have my feelings about that. Yeah I can imagine that you got lots of money for your games. The catridges where unbelievable expensive (here in Germany about 300 - 500 DM for a new catridge). Look at eBay for Metal Slug 1 & 2...
A friend of my has the AES (very well condition) but that damn fool won't sell it He doesn't even play with it...he just wants to have it in his collection. If you wanna play the good old games without the console take a close look at this (if you didn't know it already?!):
http://romhustler.net/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard