midgetspy
+3|6798
There seems to be a bunch of confusion as to exactly what takes place when you gain a rank. It's happened to me a few times so I'll try to explain it here as best I can:

1) Play on a ranked server until you exceed the # of points required.
2) At the end of the round, those stats are sent to EA. (your BFHQ/BF2S will show your stats with the global points being MORE than the next rank)
3) EA marks you as being ready for a promotion (you're still the lower rank). This takes hours.
4) You join a server and get 1 point, that server shows you as recieving a promotion and you rank up ON THAT SERVER.
5) At the end of the round, that server tells EA you got your promotion. EA changes your rank (takes hours). Any servers you join before this update happens will repeat step 4.
6) You log in to BF2 and get your promotion and unlock. All servers will have your new rank and unlock now.

I hope that helps clear up the "i got to xxxxx points before my rank changed!!" junk.

Nic
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
Nice job...it couldn't be any clearer than that.  This should be a sticky!
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

ask voodoochild. I'm still in training....
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

B. Just click the "Stick Topic" at the bottom of the screen    (ps, i already did it so it will read 'unstick')
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Hmmm, I'm still not sure this is exactly how it works. Upon my last ranking up I had been playing on one server and disconnected to see how close I was in bfhq, I needed 10 points. Without leaving bf2 I went straight into another server and got 5 kills at which point it played the drumroll and told me I was promoted. Seems to me it was INSTANTLY the point that I got to 10,500, which doesnt make any sense with the way servers report, but that is exactly how it happened.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

B. Just click the "Stick Topic" at the bottom of the screen    (ps, i already did it so it will read 'unstick')
oh, I knew that... I was simply unsure if I was allowed to make it a sticky..

as far as the ranking up is concerned, I have also experienced that some servers will report stats slower than others, even in BFHQ. I guess official EA servers report stats faster than privately rented ones.

maybe chuy can shed some light on this issue..
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
It seems some servers are instantanious with stats updates to EA, but for the most part, midgetspy's take on this seems to be what works "most" of the time.  I just think it's a good rule of thumb so to speak, except for the rare occasions when it's much much faster.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

CMDR_Dave wrote:

It seems some servers are instantanious with stats updates to EA, but for the most part, midgetspy's take on this seems to be what works "most" of the time.  I just think it's a good rule of thumb so to speak, except for the rare occasions when it's much much faster.
I'm gonna ditto that -- A good 'rule of thumb' to follow.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!

Boondock Saints wrote:

Connor: Basiclly the rule of thumb here is…
Woman: Wait, rule of thumb? In the early 1900’s it was legal for men to beat their wives, as long as they used a stick no wider than their thumb.
Connor: Can’t do much damage with that then can we? Perhaps it shoulda’ been the rule of wrist.
*Woman kicks Connor in the balls*
Sorry.  I think of that scene every time someone says "rule of thumb". 
BudRell
+2|6807|Home
it does not take hours to complete the procedure...
midgetspy
+3|6798

Krauser98 wrote:

Boondock Saints wrote:

Woman: Wait, rule of thumb? In the early 1900’s it was legal for men to beat their wives, as long as they used a stick no wider than their thumb.
Connor: Can’t do much damage with that then can we? Perhaps it shoulda’ been the rule of wrist.
You skipped the best part!

Boondock Saints wrote:

*Murphy punches chick in the face*
Nic
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807
Same here I was a point or two away, Thought " dam when's my Promotion " Picked off a guy with 1 round from a Bradly AFV. with My 1st shot of game and Instant Promotion. Dont know if it unlocked Weapon right away though. Forgot.
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6764|Oklahoma
Ive never had any of my updates take hours to update. Not even my ranks, once i got an enemy kill the next round it pops up and updates, no hours here. Now on bf2s.com, yes it does take hours.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6809|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Krauser98 wrote:

Boondock Saints wrote:

that scene is hilarious. Boondock Saints is one of my all time favorites.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6698|Winnipeg, Manitoba
this helped me begin to play the game, helped very much.
LockerFish
+47|6676
all mine have been instantaneous too. just thought I'd mention that. but I've only had a few so far anyways.
Silverwolf
+0|6652
yeh i've never really had any trouble with it, mine have always been almost soon as I get the points needed, though then I only really play GA n Internode servers, so that could be it .

One thing to point out to those who don't know, if ur in a server, u have to leave it, unlock ur new weapons of choice, then rejoin a server, if u just press escape, n unlock them, then go bac into the game, u won't get them till u join another server (I think thats right... pretty sure last time even wen it changed map the weapons still stayed locked till I quit out n came bac in).
tgust5
+22|6597
o----thanx dude
<3|o|E>KA$H
+1|6512

Krauser98 wrote:

Boondock Saints wrote:

me too...woulda gave u a +1 karma, but seems im lacking in posts
JaggedPanther
+61|6444
I think the 'hours to update' happens during the weekends
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6703|Oslo, Norway
wrong section maybe?
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

WilhelmSissener wrote:

wrong section maybe?
absofuckinlutely
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

WilhelmSissener wrote:

wrong section maybe?
Old thread maybe?
beerface702
+65|6663|las vegas
you forgot one thing, it doesnt always take hours!

i've ranked up right away in bfhq, and in game after a promotion without going into another server to get that one point

although i would say its 50/50 sometimes it does take a few hours
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium

chuyskywalker wrote:

Why cant i see the unstick button?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard