jsnipy
+3,276|6553|...

From SlashDot (http://slashdot.org/articles/07/04/04/0153256.shtml):

"For years there have been stories about people getting their unlimited Verizon EVDO Wireless accounts terminated because of excessive data usage, but Verizon never explicitly said that there is a limit. Now if you dive into the terms of the Unlimited Data Service plan they have put a section in that specifically states that anything over 5GB of data usage in a one month period is considered prima facie evidence that you must be downloading movies, and you will be cut off."

How in the hell can they get away with that wording? I'm so sick of the popular notion that internet=www+email.

https://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8884/verizonkr0.gif

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-04-04 07:41:11)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6418|New York
/me is confused.

Do you mean you agree with verizon or not? I think you don't, but i can't rightly tell.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
jsnipy
+3,276|6553|...

heggs wrote:

/me is confused.

Do you mean you agree with verizon or not? I think you don't, but i can't rightly tell.
No not at all. It's not unlimited. They evade having to indicate there is limit by defining a habit.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6505|Foothills of S. Carolina

From what I read on it, this is for Verizon Wireless, which is a seperate company from the Verizon phone company. At home, using Verizon, it appears there is no such limit. But with the wireless broadband card for the laptop, the speed is slower, so 5gb seems reasonable to me. They should market it differently though.
JG1567JG
+110|6618|United States of America
What do you expect from Verizon.  This video has been posted before but Verizon can't do math.

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6597|NYC / Hamburg

IMO this is approaching fraud. They sell a service to you that is called unlimited, but really isn't. They trick you into believing and buying a product for a feature that isn't there. And I can easily fill up 5GB of downloads without any p2p or music/video streaming. Just for www, email and my university stuff I use about 7-8GB per month (logged my volume a few months ago, when I only had internet over an UMTS connection)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6418|New York

jsnipy wrote:

heggs wrote:

/me is confused.

No not at all. It's not unlimited. They evade having to indicate there is limit by defining a habit.
Ah. Right. How fun is it to limit usage between the lines? Verizon says: Tons of fun!!!
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
CrazeD
+368|6703|Maine
Verizon = SUCKS!

They should be sued for false advertisement.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6452|San Antonio, TX
[silo1180 hides because he works for Verizon Business]

I have nothing to do with the wireless side of the house though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard