bodrider
+0|6334
I got a question, every time I chase a jet and I fire my missiles at it, they will follow and hit the jet but when they hit the jet, it does not damage, you can see the missiles hit the jet, explosion, fire, smoke and all that, but no damage what so ever, so I was just curious if this has happened to any of y'all or if it is because of my interpolation time that I have changed a while back because of the TV missiles or if its just apart of it or its just me thats having the problem, so if anyone could help me out of this subject, I would really appreciate it.

Also here is an example of what I'm explaining, I chased after a MIG few days ago, shoot all my missiles out and 3 hit and you could tell b/c of the explosion, but when I looked behind me in the fly by camera he had no gray/black smoke coming off of him.  Same thing happened when I fired at a J-10 and an SU.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6655|USA
Video? Sounds like a hitbox issue.....like usual.
l41e
+677|6670

You hit the plane model, but not the hitbox. Thus the client displayed the explosions but the server didn't detect them, which means the damage state of the plane didn't change = it didn't blow up.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6460
Happens to me too all the time.  Dumb missiles sometimes read as a hit, but no damage is done.  Not much to do about it except chalk it up to awesome coding.

Hard to see it being a hitbox, since when you hit the model of a chopper but miss the hitbox, you don't get an explosion, it just goes through.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-04-02 15:20:25)

aLeX
.?
+160|6353|:D

Hmm get a video of it happening, your description was still slightly vague.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6700|Middle of nowhere
i hate when you fire missiles and switch quickly to bomb mode, but then the missiles disappear

fucking dumb
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6785
lol i usually avoid air to air combat anymore, although i did get a kill tonight against some decent pilots so i was happy.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6444|San Antonio, TX
Sarge posted an answer to this yesterday... he even drew pix.  Look him up, he has the answers you seek.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard