m4s3rchi3f
+122|6315
I spent a couple weeks trying to get the Crew Service Ribbon. And since I'm not a jet or helo whore, it is actually kind of hard. To get 1 driver assist, 13 assist kills and 5 kills is hard for me. Especially the 13 kill assists. I can't fly for a lick so I can't rack up kills as quickly as pilots do. Well on to the story...

The round started and I spawned at US base, and some guy beat me to the LAV. I hopped in the side and felt my stomach rumbling...I knew I had to take a crap. So knowing I was safe inside an armor, I left my guy in the LAV and just spent 6 mins. on the tiolet while playing my ds lite. Mariokart DS ftw!!! AND I WASHED my hands...very important hygiene is.

Came back and pressed tab... I looked at my score.... 13 !!! What the... I looked and I was still in the LAV. The guy driving the LAV was near the top the US scoreboard. He was apparently racking up kills. I thought about it and realized I must have got my 13 kill assists or 10 k.a. and couple driver assists points(I was support).
I thought I could finally get the badge so I just killed 5 people in the time left in the round. The amazing thing is I stayed inside the LAV the whole time and just killed people with the sidegun. I think that's the worst position to shoot/kill anyone. You can't see anything and have limited range of movement. I didn't think about using a tank or another LAV....I just sticked to the stupid sidegun like an idiot.

Just teaches you that you can earn a badge while sitting on your ass doing nothing.

https://www.actsaustin.org/justin/bf3.JPG

Last edited by m4s3rchi3f (2007-03-30 19:56:46)

Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6306|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
OFF TOPIC:I <3 MS Paint.

Well, I did the exact same thing, except for Basic Armor Badge, minus the crap.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6279|B.C. Canada
I earned the crew service ribbon without even trying to get it.
rmilhous
+32|6548|Augusta, Georgia
I just got my ribbon for 19 kills and 15 mins in an airplane (whatever it is called). Pretty hard to get if you ask me, since I dont fly jets too often.

I was playing on Legion @ War's server on the Operation Road Rage map. There were aproximately 20  tickets left in the game for the losing team. I had 16 kills, and I assumed I had at least 15 minutes in the A10. I reloaded on the US airstrip just as the enemy was taking the junk yard and proceeded to drop all 4 bombs while they had the flag greyed out. I got 4 kills and got my ribbon just in time before the tickets ran out. The only reason why this was so weird was that there were two AA's at the flag and I suck as a pilot....

Other than that, I think I earned pretty much every thing I have gotten so far with practice and determination. That is why I think that this game is so damn addicting, earning those awards and getting the little "drum roll" as a result of my efforts.

rmilhous
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6315
yes, this game is so much about grit and just riding the storm.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6540|Adelaide, South Australia

My 2nd account was promoted when someone crashed into my parachute....

and I earned my Veteran AT by killing an appropriately named soldier.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6693|Colorado
I was 3 days without a shower & got my Navy cross! Now that's funky.
https://www.worsleyschool.net/science/files/armpit/pic2.JPG
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6698|Middle of nowhere

trex1210 wrote:

I earned the crew service ribbon without even trying to get it.
same here, jsut sat in the turret of a tank whore and tried killing people the whole round, i didn't kill that many (6 or so) but it was enough, lolz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard