NuclearBlasted
+8|6716
Didn't see this posted here yet, so I thought I'd add it:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu … p?id=22127

Today, Planet Battlefield was sent multiple images from a reliable anonymous source of the upcoming Battlefield 2 1.2 Patch. These images showcases the changelist from January 3, 2006. You also see information about the two new unlock kits. Along with an image showcasing a UAV plane flying overhead when UAV is deployed. We are told that this patch is a huge improvement and everyone will enjoy it. Here are the pictures, enjoy. Notice: We had to watermark these images as this is very valuable information and people will attempt to rip it off and credit themselves.
I wonder how much firepower it takes to destroy it?
Boomerjinks
+301|6818|Denver, CO
Very interesting.

I wonder what the UAV will look like.

A predator, maybe? I bet that is most likely, as EA doesn't care enough about its games to make things different for each country.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6792|Human Meat Shield
Urm, why would you want to destroy it? I am too busy trying to defend myself. Well I guess it would be nice, that way it would be element of surprise.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6778|The Netherlands
I bet that is worthless on maps with jets or AA they take it down with ease bit of gunning and/or a some missles.
and on maps like karkand it is easily taken down by a Humvee or a vod. wonder if the wreckage is really reaching the earth.
the only advantage i can think of as a player is that you know if you are beeing looked at or not

edit: the UAV is going to look like the Global Hawk
ingame:
https://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7408/ani236kk.th.gif
real Global hawk:
https://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9387/ani236qk.th.gif
info about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Hawk

Last edited by fdcp_elmo (2006-01-14 09:41:47)

Dagger37A
+18|6787|USA
It shouldn't take much, I bet two AA missles would surely do the trick. If lock is possible.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6792|Human Meat Shield
Wonder how many points would you get for shooting it down??
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6805|The Hague, Holland

imdead wrote:

Wonder how many points would you get for shooting it down??
Either 1 or none.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6738|USA
NICE! Any word yet on the release dat?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6728|Antarctica
I'm 99% sure that you can shoot the UAV down with rifles.
Koffie
+6|6749|Amsterdam

SFCCDailey wrote:

NICE! Any word yet on the release dat?
www.battlefield2.nl says around february 1th
Kusunagi
+59|6760|The land of Hookers and pod

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I'm 99% sure that you can shoot the UAV down with rifles.
Then it's gonna be like everybody is shooting at each other, and when the UAV comes over, everybody aims at the sky and starts shooting at it, then it crashes, and the normal fight will go on .
Damage
+0|6740
Why don't they fix this damn game before they go adding something stupid. I've seen a pic of the new uav, it's a Predator. The U.S. has only lost one to enemy fire and that was against a manned jet. So now we have something else that can't hardly be knocked out of the sky.  Thanks EA
kodiak90
+0|6705
lol the L851A or whatever shows up as 9mm semi auto pistol and not a sniper
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6738|USA
No it shows up as a 50cal Sniper rifle. Do a search on google for it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6778|The Netherlands

Damage wrote:

Why don't they fix this damn game before they go adding something stupid. I've seen a pic of the new uav, it's a Predator. The U.S. has only lost one to enemy fire and that was against a manned jet. So now we have something else that can't hardly be knocked out of the sky.  Thanks EA
I don't think it is a predator
the predator ( RQ-1) is used by the US as a assasin not as a reconnaissance aircraft
but a newer UAV the Global Hawk (RQ-4) is used to search for enemy activity.

though i agree it is pretty stupid a UAV will fly at an altitude of 8 to 14 km high.
(for info in BF2 you cannot fly higher than 6 km)
jord
+2,382|6701|The North, beyond the wall.
i thinks its a good idea as long as it doesn't fly unrealisticly low so it can be his by a man with a stone!
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6736|Purplicious Wisconsin
The L96 and the p90 are the new unlocks, cool.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Ryan
+1,230|6866|Alberta, Canada

i cant wait!

are there new unlocks JUST for the sniper and anti tank, or for every class? cuz i dont wanna get tot he next rnak until the patch come sout...which should be soon.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6758|DUTCH snap ik!
just cant wait for the PatcH
F.Rabshaw
+37|6705
what do you guys think "expansion of ranks" means? Either they build up on 2ndLt and the ranks are higher than 200,000... or they kind of "bridge the gap" and lower 2ndLt. What do you guys think.
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6768|Branson, MO, USA

F.Rabshaw wrote:

what do you guys think "expansion of ranks" means? Either they build up on 2ndLt and the ranks are higher than 200,000... or they kind of "bridge the gap" and lower 2ndLt. What do you guys think.
They'll readjust all the ranks, not just add them on top of 200,000.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6832|Marathon, Florida Keys
https://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/images/news/bf2-1-2-2.jpg

P-90= 1337
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
F.Rabshaw
+37|6705

Sahasrahla wrote:

F.Rabshaw wrote:

They'll readjust all the ranks, not just add them on top of 200,000.
I hope youre right. I don't want them to make it way to easy like last time... but every like 30,000 points would be nice.
TC><Injecter
+4|6851|Berlin, Germany
UAV idea is cool... But shootable is bad... To know that it is there is cool but the possibility do destroy it is dumb.

Unlocks is a cool idea... But would be unfair if these could be reached without SF because all the SF unlocks would be more unfair because AT and sniper could get unlocks without buying SF :-/

EDIT: And whats even cooler is that the AWP found its way to BF2 COOOOOOOOOOOOOL (But probably 1 shot 1 kill isnt there ...)

EDIT2: But the p90?! I don't really like the P90... Hm, but it may be cool in BF2

Last edited by TC><Injecter (2006-01-14 12:50:56)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6708|Espoo, Finland

TC><Injecter wrote:

UAV idea is cool... But shootable is bad... To know that it is there is cool but the possibility do destroy it is dumb.

Unlocks is a cool idea... But would be unfair if these could be reached without SF because all the SF unlocks would be more unfair because AT and sniper could get unlocks without buying SF :-/

EDIT: And whats even cooler is that the AWP found its way to BF2 COOOOOOOOOOOOOL (But probably 1 shot 1 kill isnt there ...)

EDIT2: But the p90?! I don't really like the P90... Hm, but it may be cool in BF2
The new unlocks are for SF since it lacks unlocks for sniper and AT...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard