Poll

Should the next BF be based on PR?

Yes.60%60% - 50
No.39%39% - 33
Total: 83
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6644|UK
In my opinion PR is far better than BF2. Do you think EA/Dice should take a leaf out of PR's book?

By 'based on' I am talking about the way that the game works -- The points, the focus on teamwork, and everything else.

Last edited by liquidat0r (2007-02-20 08:29:39)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6653|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Its just like when POE came out, they outdid Dices coders.

They do really need to listen and see for themselves how much better these mods are than BF2.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6485

It should be same kind, but since they have so many 12-year-old customers who will cry when they get killed when they don't even try working in team, DICE / EA won't make that kind of game. Sad really.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
zeidmaan
+234|6431|Vienna

Well they will want to please the masses ofcourse because they need profit. And massess want simplicity. The less brain power needed when playing the better. Best way to describe BF players is:
FF off, IO, 24/7 Karnak or FF off 24/7 Berlin for 2142 (bithing constantly and asking for IO option).

Anything that deviates from that ^ formula is bound to comercialy fail. Sad really.

edit: but I vote yes

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-02-20 08:44:28)

pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6599|MANCHESTERRR
Im downloading it now

it better be worth that 1.6 gig
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6644|UK

pers0nah wrote:

Im downloading it now

it better be worth that 1.6 gig
My friend, it is.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6365|Belfast
HELL YA!

PR even owns PoE2
they should incoperate the effects,sounds and the teamwork.

its soooooo
damned realistic
i could kiss is if i could
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6306|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Project Reality is good, but there should be one change about the medics in the next Battefield.

Taken from the America's Army Training Manual:
The Combat Life Saver (CLS) treats wounded soldiers. This class is not to be
mistaken with a real life combat medic, since medics are not allowed offensive
weapons

Can you say MP5?
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
masterofflama
+19|6601|European Battlefield Command
IMO no. lets leave it as a mod. i ;ove it and its amazing, but sincerely it dont fits pubby game at all...
link52787
+29|6538
PR is so much better than BF2.  If they make a BF game like PR than I will play it.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6319|The | Netherlands
It is a good game, but not for the public. I think the game would fail because only people with skills will play this game, and there aren't many of them.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6586|Portland, OR, USA

scottomus0 wrote:

Its just like when POE came out, they outdid Dices coders.

They do really need to listen and see for themselves how much better these mods are than BF2.
Did you really just compare POE to PR?

For shame...

EDIT: (PR is way better)

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2007-02-27 15:59:57)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6408|Southern California
PR kicks ass but not for everyone...

PR isn't necessarily better in all aspects then vanilla (not saying its worse either) its just different. The main advantage Id say PR has is its demographic is a lot better(more mature) other then that most of the differences are preference rather then one being inherently better.

Like putting down some arcade racer because it doesn't have physics like the GT series...
(though imo GT4 > NFS )
killaer
+41|6734
Understand this, The BF series is meant for a broad audience, it's an arcade game. It's like CS, you can log on and blow some steam quickly.
To succeed in PR, you need to take it slow, get in a squad, etc.
Some people are bored with that. Some people don't like it. I myself like BF2's quicker paced arcade type gameplay, AND PR's slower, more tactical approach. But PR isn't for everyone.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6540|the Netherlands
i like beeing tactical A HOOAH !
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6732|Germany
I tried it out, but it's somehow not my Mod.
If I'd want reality I'd enlist in the military of my country or play some other game like ArmA or OFP.
I'm more a teamplay oriented arcade-head-through-wall-runner-and-then-ask-questions-player.
PR somekind bores me to death. Not even kill messages are shown. But noooeeeees if you kill a team mate you'll get one.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6640|EU

danCer wrote:

I tried it out, but it's somehow not my Mod.
If I'd want reality I'd enlist in the military of my country or play some other game like ArmA or OFP.
I'm more a teamplay oriented arcade-head-through-wall-runner-and-then-ask-questions-player.
PR somekind bores me to death. Not even kill messages are shown. But noooeeeees if you kill a team mate you'll get one.
it was ArmA which bored me! I voted yes and I do think it is the greatest mod. You just have to remember to talk to squads, commander, whoever in your team. Dancer, join bf2s squad sometimes and you will experience the real gameplay and fun like in good old times
David.P
Banned
+649|6290
OH GOD YES! I love PR it's so much team work oriented, People are more mature as everyone says(They are some noobs who kamikaze with the spawn cars in al basrah) but the best part is that the weapons are more realistic, I love it that the kits all have assault rifles, And i love it that Marksman and sniper kit's are limited so the whole damn team does'nt camp.

To tell you the truth i wish that Bf3(Which i'm hoping for) Will be a hybrid of PR and Bf2, Some things that should stay from bf2, Like telling you who you killed and who killed you, Showing you how much life you have, And How much ammo you have. Some things that should stay from PR, Requesting specialty kits, Faster heli's, And the all the kit's having real assault rifle's.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485
I don't like the fact that you need special kits to use vehicles. So no.
David.P
Banned
+649|6290

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I don't like the fact that you need special kits to use vehicles. So no.
Actually it's good since pilots having only a pistol wont jump out of heli's and let us all crash into the mountains like in vanilla.
R@ge
+33|6360|Norway
Look at this Battlefield - Bad Company Marktplace Teaser

What i heard this game is scheduled for release for Xbox and PS3 this year...

I don’t know when EA will release this to PC

Amazing graphics, but how realistic it turns out to be i don't know....

What i do see, is the Destructible buildings from Project Reality...

look at the movie.. it's quite funny....

Last edited by R@ge (2007-03-16 11:39:03)

psH
Banned
+217|6400|Sydney
I could probably make the biggest quote pyramid ever seen, but i don't think i could be bothered.
Anywho, PR in my eyes makes vanilla look [pun] moldy [pun].

They should, but you should able to spawn with the limited kits, to get rid of the QM system, but once again, the kits shouldn't be unlimited. One of the only reasons i play PR is couse of the Little Bird, i love it and its really phun to fly.

And one of my storongest points is: no unlocks. Ever. Think about it, if DICE made a new Bf like Pr without unlocks, then teamplay would be hugely balanced.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard