[AcB]KillahStyle
+2|6310|Basel, Switzerland
Ok, here's a bf2/2142 player. I don't know why i'm posting this topic here, but i hate ea and i have to tell somebody what i feel.  Ea wants alot of money for booster packs (remember special forces...). Now N Strike is comming ( i have preordered it, i need new maps) It's the first boosterpack for bf2142. 3 new maps and 2 new cars. But in a year, it will have like 5 booster packs if they put only 3 maps on. Why can't they put all things together in one boosterpack? I hope ea reads this thread and make a boosterpack with enough maps and with a normal price.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6744|Eastern PA

[AcB]KillahStyle wrote:

Why can't they put all things together in one boosterpack? I hope ea reads this thread and make a boosterpack with enough maps and with a normal price.
Because then people would complain about a lack of content updates.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6501|Trondheim, Norway
You really can't hate EA if you keep on buying their stuff. Your no more than dissapointed. And I really don't think the boosters are that expensive, and you can get mods for free you know...
[AcB]KillahStyle
Ye mods, that's my problem. I tried some for bf2 but if i want to play em' bf2 closes and i come back to my desktop screen. Has bf2142 got some mods?
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6501|Trondheim, Norway

[AcB]KillahStyle wrote:

Ye mods, that's my problem. I tried some for bf2 but if i want to play em' bf2 closes and i come back to my desktop screen. Has bf2142 got some mods?
Guess google could come in handy here....
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6590|Mountains of NC

so far theres no mods for 2142 ( I had a thread on that ) have you tried POE2
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
[AcB]KillahStyle
nah, don't play bf2 anymore. it means: you need to reinstall the boosterpacks. tried it now like 3 time and it still does'nt works lol
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6764|London

EA is a business, and businesses make money, it's just what they do.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Bernadictus
+1,055|6758

[AcB]KillahStyle wrote:

Ok, here's a bf2/2142 player. I don't know why i'm posting this topic here, but i hate ea and i have to tell somebody what i feel.  Ea wants alot of money for booster packs (remember special forces...). Now N Strike is comming ( i have preordered it, i need new maps) It's the first boosterpack for bf2142. 3 new maps and 2 new cars. But in a year, it will have like 5 booster packs if they put only 3 maps on. Why can't they put all things together in one boosterpack? I hope ea reads this thread and make a boosterpack with enough maps and with a normal price.
Why not make a major ad-on? First of all, Special Forces was no Booster Pack, SF was a genuine Expansion pack. Lots of new vehicles and weapons/teams/maps.

So what is new in the NS boosterpack?

- 3 new maps, of which all 3 contain assault lines and 2 contain titan game mode.
- 10 new unlocks, of which some equipment that is usable.
- 2 new vehicles, rest of vehicles has had a re-skin (artic skin)
- removal of both the A8 and T32 MBT's
- 1.20 patch was made to incorporate NS into 2142, and 1.20 solved a lot of problems.

So why should I hate them? I don't. People scream "EA is teh sux" but in the meanwhile buy Battlefield games, Need for Speed games and Command & Conquer games, because they love them.

For my lousy 50 euro's I have had 300 hours of fun in 2142, and that is mighty cheap.

But to get back on your question; why not bundle 10 boosters together? Because that would take a serious amount of time to create and people would lose interest in the game. By releasing boosters people can switch between different modes of gameplay. Just like BF2, when I was fed up with Karkand, I loaded up Special Forces and I would play that for a few days, then switch back to BF2.

It's to keep you interested in the game.
MrEzeuss
+26|6412|Nethterlands (ZH)
And Bernadictus is forgetting (but he has a lot on his mind because of the election of the provinciale staten of course so we all forgive him *cough*) the fact that next to all that he already summed up, there are also two new badges, four ribbons and a pin to be collected.
That doesn't seem much, but it adds a few pointboosts and a few goals to achieve.

And that evening map is beautifull to say the least, so that alone is a reason to play NS.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6758

MrEzeuss wrote:

And Bernadictus is forgetting (but he has a lot on his mind because of the election of the provinciale staten of course so we all forgive him *cough*) the fact that next to all that he already summed up, there are also two new badges, four ribbons and a pin to be collected.
That doesn't seem much, but it adds a few pointboosts and a few goals to achieve.

And that evening map is beautifull to say the least, so that alone is a reason to play NS.
As Ezeuss forgot, because he had to run to cast his vote; the awards don't achieve points, they achieve unlock credits.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6522|so randum

Bernadictus wrote:

MrEzeuss wrote:

As Ezeuss forgot, because he had to run to cast his vote; the awards don't achieve points, they achieve unlock credits.
lol
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
dundee_hitman_2005
+8|6692|Scotland

[AcB]KillahStyle wrote:

Agreed i enjoy the booster packs and think it is fair to charge £5 maybe every 6 months for these it keeps the game fresh with new awards and play modes but would like to see some bigger bosster packs on the scale of SF with alot more content as well

Off topic we need some new boosters for the daddy BF2 armoured fury rocked

Last edited by dundee_hitman_2005 (2007-03-08 00:43:51)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6694|Colorado
Ea... is going down the path of SOE.
[AcB]KillahStyle

Bernadictus wrote:

[AcB]KillahStyle wrote:

Why not make a major ad-on? First of all, Special Forces was no Booster Pack, SF was a genuine Expansion pack. Lots of new vehicles and weapons/teams/maps.

So what is new in the NS boosterpack?

- 3 new maps, of which all 3 contain assault lines and 2 contain titan game mode.
- 10 new unlocks, of which some equipment that is usable.
- 2 new vehicles, rest of vehicles has had a re-skin (artic skin)
- removal of both the A8 and T32 MBT's
- 1.20 patch was made to incorporate NS into 2142, and 1.20 solved a lot of problems.

So why should I hate them? I don't. People scream "EA is teh sux" but in the meanwhile buy Battlefield games, Need for Speed games and Command & Conquer games, because they love them.

For my lousy 50 euro's I have had 300 hours of fun in 2142, and that is mighty cheap.

But to get back on your question; why not bundle 10 boosters together? Because that would take a serious amount of time to create and people would lose interest in the game. By releasing boosters people can switch between different modes of gameplay. Just like BF2, when I was fed up with Karkand, I loaded up Special Forces and I would play that for a few days, then switch back to BF2.

It's to keep you interested in the game.
Good answer. If i think about it... i agree
MrEzeuss
+26|6412|Nethterlands (ZH)

Bernadictus wrote:

MrEzeuss wrote:

And that evening map is beautiful to say the least, so that alone is a reason to play NS.
Next to the disappointment of not seeing my favorite parties in the eerste kamer, i return to the forums seeing i will not receive extra points for awards. ruined RUINED i tell you my life is in shambles.
Oh well *installs NS*.

Last edited by MrEzeuss (2007-03-08 12:15:30)

killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6465|Austria - Graz

[AcB]KillahStyle wrote:

i hate ea
EA hates you too...
[AcB]KillahStyle
That's ok lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard