Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida
Hi, This is kind of urgent.

What i need from you guys:
    To tell me if these parts are compadible, and will work together nicely.

What i dont need from you guys:
    Telling me to go with Intel
    Posting stupid shit that doesn't help

This is the tech section, not the junk drawer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im building a comp for my friend, and i'de like to know if the following parts will work together when someone goes to build it.

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.a … 6813131568
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.a … 6819103562
(they come as a combo)
Power Supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6817153028
(Will this work with the mobo and parts?)
Harddrive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6822144415
(Will this work with the mobo and parts?? (Im not sure about Sata, serial ata, ultra... ect...))
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6820227031
(Im pretty sure this will work fine)
CD Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6827136108
(It'll work, right?)
Floppy Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6821103203
(It'll work, right?)
Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814143091
(Im pretty sure it'll work fine...?)
Plus a monitor.

So, ive got
Mobo
CPU
PSU
RAM
VIDEO CARD
FLOPPY
CD DRIVE
HARDDRIVE
CASE

Am i missing anything?

I wicked appreciate help!
Thanks,

Dezerteagal5

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-03-04 11:39:16)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6463|Browntown
Go with Intel.
HeRbY
+13|6354

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Go with Intel.
lol
stef10
+173|6520|Denmark
I like cake.

Well, I think you are good to go coming from a guy who does not know praticular much about computers.

Hey, what about coolers.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-04 10:23:00)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Go with Intel.
Fuck you
stef10
+173|6520|Denmark

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Go with Intel.
Fuck you
Now I really like cake.

Damn, why not core2duo?

Well, you know that this comp is far from the elite?

In a couple of weeks I am going to upgrade my 4 year old computer and it will beat this.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-03-04 10:29:46)

DaBigDragon
+3|6777|USA
I would get this hard drive instead:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6822148149

Seagate's have lasted longer and are quieter in my experience.

Other than that, everything else looks great!

Forgot to mention that the Seagate drive comes with a 5 year limited warranty vs. a 3 year limited warranty with the Western Digital.

Last edited by DaBigDragon (2007-03-04 10:28:39)

kalashnickov
Extreme Overclocking
+3|6302
So far so good, I don't see any problems compatibility between any of the components.

However, depending on whether or not you are planning now or even later to overclock the system, I would suggest getting a slightly more powerfull power supply, for example a 620W Enermax Liberty - they work nicely with AMD systems because of the strong 12V rail.

Also, the box cooler that comes with the CPU will not do if you wish to overclock properly - look for something like a Zalman CNPS9700.

However, if you are not overclocking, disregard the last to statements :-)

If you are not going to overclock, I would recommend that you get some cheaper RAM, as otherwise there is no point in going for that OCZ - pure waste of money.

Finally, don't forget your mice and keyboard - unless you have a spare pair already, that is.

Hope that was of some help - if you need any more advice on the components or building the system just ask.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida

kalashnickov wrote:

So far so good, I don't see any problems compatibility between any of the components.

However, depending on whether or not you are planning now or even later to overclock the system, I would suggest getting a slightly more powerfull power supply, for example a 620W Enermax Liberty - they work nicely with AMD systems because of the strong 12V rail.

Also, the box cooler that comes with the CPU will not do if you wish to overclock properly - look for something like a Zalman CNPS9700.

If you are not going to overclock, I would recommend that you get some cheaper RAM, as otherwise there is no point in going for that OCZ - pure waste of money.

Finally, don't forget your mice and keyboard - unless you have a spare pair already, that is.

Hope that was of some help - if you need any more advice on the components or building the system just ask.
I Don't plan on overclocking the system, and i do know its not the best. It'll be used for slight gaming and we can always upgrade later.

What really stumped me was your suggestion on the RAM. I thought $89 was pretty cheap for a gig of OCZ. considering i paid $220 for my 2gb low timing OCZ.

Thanks again dude
kalashnickov
Extreme Overclocking
+3|6302

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

kalashnickov wrote:

I Don't plan on overclocking the system, and i do know its not the best. It'll be used for slight gaming and we can always upgrade later.

What really stumped me was your suggestion on the RAM. I thought $89 was pretty cheap for a gig of OCZ. considering i paid $220 for my 2gb low timing OCZ.

Thanks again dude
Yep - sorry - I was looking at the British prices, and I can find value ram for £10 cheaper - that would be about $20, but then again for you the shipping would cancel the saved price - sorry about that.

Good luck in building the rig, PM me for any help.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida

kalashnickov wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

kalashnickov wrote:

Thanks again dude
Yep - sorry - I was looking at the British prices, and I can find value ram for £10 cheaper - that would be about $20, but then again for you the shipping would cancel the saved price - sorry about that.

Good luck in building the rig, PM me for any help.
Please, dont appologize, i wasnt challenging your info at all, just asking
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6744|67.222.138.85
I would get a bigger power supply, if nothing else so you don't have to mess with it if/when you upgrade.

There is no need to get that video card without two gig of ram, you really need two gig to see that card work to its potential in BF2.

Go Intel.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I would get a bigger power supply, if nothing else so you don't have to mess with it if/when you upgrade.

There is no need to get that video card without two gig of ram, you really need two gig to see that card work to its potential in BF2.

Go Intel.
I had that card with my gaming comp and 1gb of ram and it worked alright. Maybe i should go with 2gb then.. hmm... kalashnickov can you confirm this?
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6473|UK
its all good

everything will work fine and dandy

only issue i have is get 2Gb of RAM rather than 1

other than that, it if its intended for bf2 you will have no problem with high graphics with around 70 fps
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6679|Deep In The South Of Texas
Why not go with an 8800GTS?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814130082

Cheaper, faster and more future-proof.
kalashnickov
Extreme Overclocking
+3|6302

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Go Intel.
I disagree somewhat - even with the 1Gb bf2 will run max graphics settings with 4xAA @ 1280x1024. The ram will speed up loading, but not by a great amount, but the extra price you would pay would probably not be worth it -  in PC building, everything depends on your budget.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida
Ok, as for 2gb of ram, that may be a good idea, it would probly be good to get 2 of the 2x512gb package that i already have right? Cause i dont want to go to much higher in price, im already at like $1200. Doubt he'll ever need more then 2gb. Probly sticking to XP.

-EDIT just read your post kalashnickov so... maybe 1gb is cool.

Also, wtf is up with the 8800gts being cheaper then the 7800??? Wow im deffinatly changing to that, good? right?

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-03-04 11:18:02)

Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6473|UK

kalashnickov wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Go Intel.
I disagree somewhat - even with the 1Gb bf2 will run max graphics settings with 4xAA @ 1280x1024. The ram will speed up loading, but not by a great amount, but the extra price you would pay would probably not be worth it -  in PC building, everything depends on your budget.
only 4 x AA isnt the highest it will go its 8

and i have to disagree 2GB of RAM will make a differance as it will take less strain off the CPU and GPU

my GFX card was getting around 90 FPS with 1GB of RAM

with 2GB i now get 100+ FPS
kalashnickov
Extreme Overclocking
+3|6302

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

Why not go with an 8800GTS?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814130082

Cheaper, faster and more future-proof.
Good idea - I missed your graphics card completely! The 8800GTS would be better, and if you are stuck for money the 320MB version would still provide top performance up to 1600 x 1200.

Again, everything depends on budget - if you post how much you are willing to spend it would be a great help!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida
Ok, but will the 8800GTS work on DX9?? Cause this computer will be almost certainly running XP

As for the budget, its not my money so ide have to ask my buddy. im probly at my limit when i say $1200-ish  Tax returns only go so far lol

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-03-04 11:22:58)

kalashnickov
Extreme Overclocking
+3|6302

Zero!. wrote:

kalashnickov wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Go Intel.
only 4 x AA isnt the highest it will go its 8

and i have to disagree 2GB of RAM will make a differance as it will take less strain off the CPU and GPU

my GFX card was getting around 90 FPS with 1GB of RAM

with 2GB i now get 100+ FPS
Erm... dude... you do realise that with 90 fps you are not making any difference to your systems performance by raising it to 100+, since the human eye cannot detect differences above 60fps, and so changing to 2Gb wouldn't be very cost efficient as graphically, there would be no difference at that resolution.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6473|UK
but its better than 90 FPS isnt it

who cares what the human eye can detect

id be happier knowing i got 120 fps than 90

though the highest ive seen my fps so far is 200 as thats what its locked to

i still reccomend 2GB of RAM no matter what anyone else says.
kalashnickov
Extreme Overclocking
+3|6302

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Ok, but will the 8800GTS work on DX9?? Cause this computer will be almost certainly running XP

As for the budget, its not my money so ide have to ask my buddy. im probly at my limit when i say $1200-ish  Tax returns only go so far lol
Yes, it will work with no problems - just built a system using a 8800GTS.

In terms of budget, if you can afford to, 2gb of ram would definitely be better for the future, so I would recommend you get them if you can.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6679|Deep In The South Of Texas

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Yeah, it'll work fine with DX9.(lol, I'm a poet)
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6563|South Florida

kalashnickov wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Yes, it will work with no problems - just built a system using a 8800GTS.

In terms of budget, if you can afford to, 2gb of ram would definitely be better for the future, so I would recommend you get them if you can.
Ok. Im at $1150 now, ill ask about the price and recommend the extra $80 for 2gb instead of 1.
Thanks sooooooooo much for your help, especially you kalashnickov. More karma is coming

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard