{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6780|San Antonio, Texas
Where's AC/DC and Queen?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6651|Washington, DC

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

Your selection only shows your preference of current "pefabricated corporate rock" bands and shows too your lack of music knowledge.

THIS IS THE LIST:

1.- The Beatles
2.- The Rolling Stones
3.- Black Sabbath
4.- Led Zeppelin
5.- Pink Floyd
6.- U2
7.- The Who
8.- David Bowie
9.- Iron Maiden
10.- Judas Priest
11.- The Clash
12.- The Sex Pistols
13.- The Doors
14.- Iggy Pop
15.- Nirvana

and i will add

The Cure
Depeche Mode

yep, some kids will say "uh?", but these groups are the bestest ever. The new ones are just recycled copycats.
You forgot Metallica, compadre.

edit: And ACDC, Queen (as stated above), RHCP, and more

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-03-04 08:54:33)

Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6290|Germany, NRW
Dream Theater. Nothing ever beats them.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6766|Mexico City
they´re ON.

btw, the only good music i find these days is DJ Tiesto, he, uh, MIXS !!!

Bloc Party and Kayzer Chiefs sounds good, but theyre still copying 80s and 90s sounds..
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6500|Somewhere else

Wham!
Vanilla Ice
Milli Vanilli
Q Lazzarus
Papa Roach
NickelBack
Staind
3 Doors Down
Gwen Stefani
Black eyed peas
big tymers

Because the best bands in the world are a matter of infinitely disputable opinion.
rmilhous
+32|6548|Augusta, Georgia

HURLEY wrote:

I nulled cause i dont listen to that emo pussy shit.

No offense but cutting your self, wearing girl pants, straightening your hair, wearing chick t-shirts, all those and more scream queer.
LOL, true
jamie_v1.1
+35|6523|Leeds, UK
Hmmmm, 4 month old thread revived, and why exactly????
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6567|Canada
Shouldn't the thread read greatest band of the last ten minutes (not including any bands that existed anytime before yesterday)?
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6622
they all suck, BOB MARLEY'S band was the best...buffalo soldier....dreadlock rasta
KesslerB
+5|6310
Beatles hands down.  I like them but I'm not a huge fan, regardless they were the biggest most innovative and influential group in music history.  I guarantee bands like my chemical romance will be nothing but highschool nostalgia in 10 years.

Last edited by KesslerB (2007-03-04 10:04:09)

Ryan
+1,230|6863|Alberta, Canada

None of them are the greatest of all time. You guys don't know what music is then, especially Fancy.
Put some 70s-80s music in there, then vote. This is one of those types of polls you wish you hadn't seen.
Dersmikner
+147|6518|Texas
Greatest Rock and Roll bands of all-time:

1. Led Zeppelin - Maybe the Stones or somebody have as many good songs, but as a percentage of what they put out, nobody comes close. You can make a strong case for nearly every single Led Zeppelin song if you're arguing about a "top ten songs" deal. Look at Stairway, Kashmir, Rock-n-roll, Black Dog, Communication Breakdown, The Immigrant Song, Moby Dick, and on and on and on. There is no disputing that Led Zeppelin is the premier rock and roll band of all time.

2. The Rolling Stones - Maybe due mostly to longevity, but you can make a similar list for the Stones, who by the way kick ass live.

3. The Who - often forgotten when discussing greatest rock bands, but they have a list of "classics" that won't take a back seat to anybody.

4. Pink Floyd - an acquired taste, but Dark Side of the Moon's Billboard Top 100 record alone makes them worthy of inclusion. Of course, The Wall has become part of the lexicon of modern society.

5. And this is where it gets dicey. I think the top 4 are pretty well irrefutable, but when you get to #5 there are plenty who can make a strong case. Among those are Queen, Jethro Tull, ZZ Top, Van Halen, U2, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Aerosmith (who I don't like) et al.

I didn't include the Beatles because I just don't consider them "rock and roll" in the sense of the word that we have come to understand today. I love their early stuff (I wanna hold your hand, etc.) but it's not what I call rock and roll.

I don't think it's as cut and dried with country, but I have to say that in Texas, Bob Wills is still the King.

I go:

1. Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys
2. Willie Nelson
3. Johnny Cash
4. George Jones
5. Waylon Jennings
6. George Strait
7. Merle Haggard
8. Hank Williams Sr.
9. David Allan Coe
10. Hank Williams Jr.

Classical:

1. Mozart

After Mozart you can throw a blanket of 15 guys including Bach, Brahms, Handel, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Stravinsky, et al.

I just decided this: Led Zeppelin is the Mozart of Rock and Roll. Everyone else is fighting for second.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6766|Mexico City

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Wham!
Vanilla Ice
Milli Vanilli
Q Lazzarus
Papa Roach
NickelBack
Staind
3 Doors Down
Gwen Stefani
Black eyed peas
big tymers

Because the best bands in the world are a matter of infinitely disputable opinion.
gosh, what a bunch of crap !!!
i only recall "careless whisper" from Wham! cause that song helped me get laid during the 80s...

why didnt you include ANY boyband ??

btw, hip hop exists thanks to KRAFTWERK,  germans should agree with me..
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6408|New York
null vote. they're mediocre at best, and most i can't stand.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6382|Vancouver

heggs wrote:

null vote. they're mediocre at best, and most i can't stand.
Null vote. I've only heard of a few of time, and I can't stand them at all.

My vote goes to The Who.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6676|Land of the Very Cold
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, none of the above ?
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6535|montreal, quebec

they all suck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard