The#1Spot
+105|6578|byah
I have never experienced this problem with my computer till just recently. Whenever I properly shut down my computer and then start it again my screen wont turn on or the working 1 beeps sound never happens. The odd thing is in order for me to get it running properly I must reset my BIOs every time regardless if I overclock my system or not. I have the latest drivers on my mobo and had the drivers 1 month prior to this problem.

specs

abit Nforce 4 32x mobo
FX-55
250gb Hd western digital
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6409|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Have you checked to see if there's a newer BIOS version for your mobo?
I had a problem like that with my last one but it gave me the option to bypass whatever it was saying i had & start into Windows, happened everytime I rebooted. BIOS update fixed it though.
It's worth a try...

How do you reset your BIOS without a screen?
The#1Spot
+105|6578|byah
Theres a little tab on your mobo that covers 2 of the 3 pins on the bottom of your mobo if you move it over to pin 1 and 2 for a few seconds then back to pin 2 and 3 it resets bios and i have already mentioned I have the latest drivers.
MagikTrik
I wrote a really long answer to this but then the site went down when I tried to submit it & that was like forever ago so I can't remember what I said & won't have the time to look it up again for a few hours so this is just kinda/sorta a bump in the hopes that someone will know how to fix it off the top of their head (or at least see the thread).
btw I think moving the jumper cap is referred to as "jumping" (as opposed to actually hitting the "reset bios to defaults" button in your BIOS) & when people say they updated the drivers on their mobo it usually means they updated the CPU drivers because motherboards don't actually use drivers as far as I know, I think what would be the motherboard drivers are what BIOS are. I could be wrong either way but that's why i still asked if you had updated your BIOS.

What BIOS version are you using anyway?
slo5oh
+28|6699

MagikTrik wrote:

I wrote a really long answer to this but then the site went down when I tried to submit it & that was like forever ago so I can't remember what I said & won't have the time to look it up again for a few hours so this is just kinda/sorta a bump in the hopes that someone will know how to fix it off the top of their head (or at least see the thread).
btw I think moving the jumper cap is referred to as "jumping" (as opposed to actually hitting the "reset bios to defaults" button in your BIOS) & when people say they updated the drivers on their mobo it usually means they updated the CPU drivers because motherboards don't actually use drivers as far as I know, I think what would be the motherboard drivers are what BIOS are. I could be wrong either way but that's why i still asked if you had updated your BIOS.

crack??

OP, when you say you're resetting your bios, you are entering your bios screen (usually esc, or F2 at system startup) and choosing "reset to defaults" or "reset to factory defaults"?  then "save and exit"?
The reset button on your computer's case is not a bios reset, it's a "system reset" and only reboots the system.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6719|Dayton, Ohio
Try replacing the mobo battery.  If the battery is bad, the bios will reset and start acting funny.  Take it from a guy who did it last month.
killinzero1
+14|6425
firecrackers in pc and see if that works.....lol

Last edited by killinzero1 (2007-02-14 22:15:40)

MagikTrik

slo5oh wrote:

MagikTrik wrote:

crack??

OP, when you say you're resetting your bios, you are entering your bios screen (usually esc, or F2 at system startup) and choosing "reset to defaults" or "reset to factory defaults"?  then "save and exit"?
The reset button on your computer's case is not a bios reset, it's a "system reset" and only reboots the system.
Isn't that what I said?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6711|Colorado
The unusual is usual for computers.
CrazeD
+368|6711|Maine

MagikTrik wrote:

btw I think moving the jumper cap is referred to as "jumping" (as opposed to actually hitting the "reset bios to defaults" button in your BIOS)
Moving the jumper resets the BIOS, as does removing the little battery. It resets the BIOS to default values.

MagikTrik wrote:

& when people say they updated the drivers on their mobo it usually means they updated the CPU drivers because motherboards don't actually use drivers as far as I know, I think what would be the motherboard drivers are what BIOS are. I could be wrong either way but that's why i still asked if you had updated your BIOS.
The "motherboard drivers" are for the chipset (on the motherboard) not for the CPU.
adv3rsary
+28|6754
try restoring bios to defaults and save it.. u might also need a new CMOS battery
+ run bios update from manufacturer's website

Last edited by adv3rsary (2007-02-15 19:46:02)

adv3rsary
+28|6754

The#1Spot wrote:

Theres a little tab on your mobo that covers 2 of the 3 pins on the bottom of your mobo if you move it over to pin 1 and 2 for a few seconds then back to pin 2 and 3 it resets bios and i have already mentioned I have the latest drivers.
if u cant find it just unplug the power, take out the CMOS battery (it ll be circle and say 2032 on it)... leave it for about 5-10 mins.. put the battery back in plug it in and power up... it ll do the same thing as the pins

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard