~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6556|Internetfitlerland

Im assuming this mod will be loaded on GameArena.com.au since 3 previous versions have been.  I prefer to dl from here since it does not take away from my monthly usage and I get a 'special' high speed channel.  (Also GA is a very popular australian site, better than Internode)

Cant wait to play
R@ge
+33|6362|Norway

DarkObsidian wrote:

Haha, I loaded it up, started to play a map. CTD. Bad luck probably =P
There has been reports of several having problems with CTD in this version also

Servers are also crashing often....

Our DEV's are looking into these problems and hope to get a solution for this shortly....
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6641|EU

played it yesterday, must say it was real fun! and no CTD for me and hope that there wont be...
great job, I like maps and it a lot of fun
zeidmaan
+234|6433|Vienna

the game is just amazing. I love the recoil on weapons and the fact that its alot harder to aim. But it takes one shot in the head or 2 in torso to kill someone (with most of the guns).

Definitely read the guide before you play. It will save you lot of time. Guide + 3 hours of play and you will know everything.
http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide

And also...

https://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0126764/BF/PR503a.jpg

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6367|Belfast
oh yeah!
in most of the videos ive seen of PR the get promoted after nearly EVERY kill
why is this??
R@ge
+33|6362|Norway

henno13 wrote:

oh yeah!
in most of the videos ive seen of PR the get promoted after nearly EVERY kill
why is this??
When you play on a ABR ranked server you often start on private when you join the server...

but when you get one point you connect with the ABR database and you get your rank back....

Well.. there is an simple solution fr this problem, you could just install the ABR client and have that program running when you start the game and problem is solved.....

Last edited by R@ge (2007-02-10 09:00:41)

daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6593

daffytag wrote:

I played alright last night, but today, when I load a map, my mouse freezez. Just when Im trying to choose a kit and spawnpoint.

My graphics settings were also reset :S, could there be a link between the two?
I fixed my problem. Somehow all my key bindings disapeard, but reseting to default fixed it.

Still I dont know what caused it? Oh well, back to the fight.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6758|England
those making the switch to PR please make sure you read the tut's before you try and teamkill for a chopper.
All you have to do is search for projectreality on YouTube for fast track guides
heres a tip, you need a pilot kit and if you dont wait 30 seconds for the rotor blades to 'warm up' you and your full heli will be upside ddown in the desert/sea

Last edited by wooly-back-jack (2007-02-15 09:54:40)

R@ge
+33|6362|Norway
I honestly think you should remove that movie.....

To actually name other players like that is not nice at all...

How do you think he will respond when hi see this movie?
henno13
+230|6367|Belfast
yay!
im getting PR by tomarrow night!
i have my douts about MP so ill just try SP as a test!
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6757|Comber, Northern Ireland

henno13 wrote:

yay!
im getting PR by tomarrow night!
i have my douts about MP so ill just try SP as a test!
what are your specs?
henno13
+230|6367|Belfast
zeidmaan
+234|6433|Vienna

You should know that SP is standard conquest and it wont properly prepare you for MP.
I played few rounds with bots to familiarize my self with guns and recoil etc. But be sure to read the manual before playing MP. 

But if your to lazy to read the guide than atleast watch the following 3 minutes long video that explains requesting kits and operating vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0Remyuhag&eurl=
henno13
+230|6367|Belfast
already seen it
read the guide many times
my point was bout my specs and if they would work on PR

Last edited by henno13 (2007-02-11 06:14:22)

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6556|Internetfitlerland

Well, I can say this is a great mod.  Been playing for a few days and though I get killed alot (thanks to my IO wannabe rambo mode that Im still in) I can say its awesome.  Lovin the littlebird and all the weapons (plus all the added extras).

Only thing I can say is the Apache seems a little sluggish to me whilst pivoting.

Thanks for the great mod PR team.

One more thing, I believe kits such as pilot and officer ect are unavailable in a LAN games.  This means that people (like myself) who want practice flying are unable to do so because you cannot request a kit when the game hasn't enough players (or so it would seem).  Any way around this?

Last edited by ~Smokey~ (2007-02-14 03:06:10)

henno13
+230|6367|Belfast
yeah i seen somthing here look around its also on the PR forums!

played it last night!
AMAZING!
but it CTD 3 times tho
i could only play SP (Airport, 64)
fun as hell with some nOOB bot with thier aimbots
is the Airport map GB vs MEC or US vs MAC i played GB while on Airport!
maybe a bug!
GJ guys!
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6505|Melbourne

~Smokey~ wrote:

One more thing, I believe kits such as pilot and officer ect are unavailable in a LAN games.  This means that people (like myself) who want practice flying are unable to do so because you cannot request a kit when the game hasn't enough players (or so it would seem).  Any way around this?
Yeah any one got any ideas?
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
zeidmaan
+234|6433|Vienna

You start a multiplayer server. You pick on of the maps with choppers and jets etc.
You open up you console and type:
sv.NumPlayersNedeedToStart 1

That officialy starts the round with only you playing
Grab the pilots kit, warm up and fly.
Try "al basrah" for example.

Im getting quite good in this mod, and I havent played anything else since I tried it.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-02-14 05:15:28)

R@ge
+33|6362|Norway

zeidmaan wrote:

Im getting quite good in this mod, and I havent played anything else since I tried it.
Nice to hear that zeidmaan...
It's very easy to get adicted to this game...

I have never played vanilla so i don't know so much about that ^^
but many people are not going back at all after playing this mod for some hours...

Ok. it's not easy, but when they get the correct training they are so lost in PR space and there is no way back...

Last edited by R@ge (2007-02-14 05:24:51)

henno13
+230|6367|Belfast
R@ge, u get my PM?
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6655|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Ive only played it once, id rarther play with people off here who i know so i can get into it.

I really need learn about it really as its so different to bf2
zeidmaan
+234|6433|Vienna

scottomus0 wrote:

Ive only played it once, id rarther play with people off here who i know so i can get into it.

Look for PTG server... most people are very friendly there.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6321|The | Netherlands
I love PR, I'm also good at it once on the ground, but there is 24/7 Muttrah city server (just search for Muttrah) where I like to play, but everybody teamkills there for a heli and it's full of n00bs. I like to fly helo, just from carrier - land - carrier - land etc. But I'm teamkilled all the time :x But the map is very nice!

Last edited by 3lmo (2007-02-14 07:45:20)

l41e
+677|6666

I wish I could remember to download 0.5...stuck with 0.4.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6626|Edinburgh

scottomus0 wrote:

I'm going to be playing it from 7-9 tonight and will be wearing the [BF2s] tag.  I think the main difference is that you really don't want to get shot so you need to be a bit sneakier and crawl around a lot.  Haven't used any vehicles yet (you need the right kit), though and I think they are a bit harder.

Col64

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard