Do you always aim for the head?

Yes19%19% - 48
No21%21% - 54
Depends on the weapon/situation58%58% - 146
Total: 248
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6468|Newcastle NSW Australia
When fighting with any kit do you always aim for the head or just go for the body shots? The realy good guys on the Australian servers always seem to head shot no matter what the situation. Just wanted to know what you guys do?
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6595
sniping and long distance, I go for the head.

In the heat of a battle I just shot any body part I can.

If I get into a vehicle mounted gun battle, I always try to get the gunner, shooting the vehicle is often too slow.

Last edited by daffytag (2007-02-02 06:10:41)

silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6442|San Antonio, TX
I've been playing a lot of support lately and it seems to work better to go prone and take their legs out from under them.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6513|Berlin, Germany
if i see a foot sticking out of a wall, i pull my knife and aim for the foot ^^
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6863|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Body shots are more effective if you are using an assault rifle, since the head is a much smaller target, I always go for headshots when single shotting or sniping though.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6595

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

if i see a foot sticking out of a wall, i pull my knife and aim for the foot ^^
who dosnt
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6465|The Land of Scott Walker
Not always.  Usually aim for the chest and let the recoil work the rounds up to the head.
']['error
Banned
+630|6663|The Netherlands
up close: hit anything i can, mostly aim for chest
when enemy is prone: aim for head
far away: head
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6513|Berlin, Germany

daffytag wrote:

who dosnt
well it was just to show how useless the poll is...
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6347|Australia
Sniping - I aim for the chest, as that is a larger target. If they're prone, I go for the head.
Shotguns - Chest, as it's one hit kill either way.
Any full-auto weapon - I point the crosshair in their general direction and empty the mag. It's more fun that way (though it probably explains my abysmal accuracy )
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6729
Mostly I am for the head, But there are times when you need to shoot at what ever you can.  If a foot is all you can see you shoot at the foot (with an M95 or knife it can be very effective).

Sometimes I go for a body shot so that I can finish with the pistol or if I know there already hurt.  No point in taking the time to shoot for the head if it does not make a difference.
churnedf0rtaste
Banned
+2|6314
Depends what weapon.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6483|A W S M F O X
Head always. Thats what snipings about, and it just feels badass headshoting a guy with AK whos 1 meter in front of you lol.

HIYA ZIM!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JET_G raidensen (2007-02-02 06:34:09)

Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6472|UK
I would only shoot for the head with a sniper rifle with most machine gun i draw lines across the target and use the recoil so the third shot might hit the the head but with those weapons like the PKM i let it rise from the chest usually so all i have to do is the hold burst for a certain amount of time and the bullets will go in the right places.

Shotguns - chest purely because you want as much of the pellets into the target as possable

Pistols - throat / head just because if they have an auto weapon out ill get battered because i cant shoot really rapidly with them

Last edited by Recoil555 (2007-02-02 06:36:58)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6546|Singapore
i usually aim on the upper chest(around the bottom neck/chin)
Longbow
+163|6666|Odessa, Ukraine

jkohlc wrote:

i usually aim on the upper chest(around the bottom neck/chin)
Couple of shoots + weapon recoil = headshot .

same here .
TheEl_Gayo
not gay
+7|6325|Florida Cracker
I almost always aim for the head, unless i'm using support or shotguns, there's no armor up there on anyone so a couple rounds will do it
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6489|The Suburb at Karkand

Invaderzim wrote:

When fighting with any kit do you always aim for the head or just go for the body shots? The realy good guys on the Australian servers always seem to head shot no matter what the situation. Just wanted to know what you guys do?
Close range I just fucking light up the body with an auto. Long range chest and above so yes most likely head and depends on gun, G3 just about anywhere, G36E mainly chest area burst brings it up AK-101 neck/head area.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6569|EUtopia | Austria
Ehhhrm, see...

Yes. Last time I killed 5 people at Karkand Market with about 7 bullets from the AK-101 when capturing the flag. I was like 'wtf!?' myself.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6364|Twyford, UK
I'm usually so far away from someone it's all I can do to aim for the black blob. Up close, it's usually panic-fire.

Plus my taste runs to weapons with high damage per shot, like the G3 or the PKM.
Dragonclaw
+186|6325|Florida
I aim at the chest until the recoil kills them with a headshot. If theyre somewhat far I just fire in small bursts with or without the sights until I hit them in the head which is usually very quickly.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6697|Middle of nowhere
body = bigger target, so i always aim for the body, the only time i would aim for the head would be as a sniper and if they aren't moving AT ALL

i'd rather get the hit and do 95 damage, than miss
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6421|dm_maidenhead
My aimbot automatically pins my gun to their head.

Last edited by petermassingale (2007-02-02 11:50:01)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6488
Well with the more powerful guns (PKM, RPK, G3 and AK) I go body. With the more accurate ones (L85, G36C, G36E, M16) I try for the head.
The_Jester
+52|6511|Italy
Depends.
Sniper rifles: always head.
Assault rifles: head at medium/long range, upper torso in cqb to medium.
Support weapons: head with the pkm at medium/long, always body with the other weapons.
Pistols: always head, but I suck with pistols.
Carbines: always head.
Smg's: I go cry in the bathroom.

Last edited by The_Jester (2007-02-02 11:54:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard