Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
Cause damn it was too easy.  I mean it shouldn't be like BF2 hard but hard than 57,000 points...  Thats just my opinion.  What do you guys think?

- Brizzzer
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6481|Tyne & Wear, England
I aint a 2142 player but what do you mean...does it take 57,000 points to become the top rank???  If so thats crazy.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
Yes all you need is 57,000 global score to get 2 star general.  The only way you can get promoted after that is if DICE selects you for 3,4, or supreme commander(Temp rank one week only.).
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6756|Omaha, Nebraska
Yes please keep it the way it is, 2142 has taken most the whiners from bf2... love it.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
Look i'm not saying I hate 2142, in fact I very little I don't like about it.  Its just the rank is not that hard to get.
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

No, keep it! I want to have a high rank for once!
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6481|Tyne & Wear, England
Christ, there must be loads of Generals running about.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6623|Greenwood, IN
Yep almost 10,000 of them.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6661

you dont really see that many though (never seen more than 2 or 3 in one game). i like that the req for the highest rank is less than bf2, but i think it should have been a little higher, or req badges to get. (all basic for one rank, then all vet for the next, and so on).
zeidmaan
+234|6432|Vienna

To all the BF2 players that maybe dont know, its 57k career points. So its even worse than you think.
With few "private" bugs you can hit general rank with about 20k global points.
(carrer points include bonus points you get for badges/ribbons/pins)

Its very VERY fast and easy.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6713|UK
i suppose it was way too easy to get to general but EA will have 9000 ppl moaning if they change rank requirements.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6673|UK
na i wont moan, it sucks, all i have left relly is meds to get
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6643|Quebec city, Canada
its crazy, I find the bf2 ranks too easy to get since patch 1.03, what about 2142 now... omg.

pre 1.03 ranks ftw, being a sergeant really meant something.
Commando
+8|6619
Negative
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6722|Central Valley,California
Pshh... I've found the point system retarded. I want 2 points for kills still and 2 points for my revive.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6639|Gold coast, Aus.

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Christ, there must be loads of Generals running about.
Yep....I got to general in 170 hours.

Although, if they did change it (they wont) i still wouldnt bother getting general again.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6576

KILLSWITCH wrote:

I aint a 2142 player but what do you mean...does it take 57,000 points to become the top rank???  If so thats crazy.
The points are dumbed down though (aside from awards) ... Kills are only worth 1, so are revives... kill assists and driver assists are only 1/2 point each.

However I definitely think it's too easy to rank up.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6717|Chch, New Zealand
After BF2 came out, after 2 months of it being out, how many people did you see with the top rank???

Proberly none.

2142 has been out for what? 2.5 months or something? And its not unuasal to see over 4 generals in a round. Its way too easy!!! I got it in under 200hours, cant remember the exact time. It took me 460hours to get to 2nd Lieutenant in bf2...

In 2142 I almost have all gold badges after 300hours played. BF2 I have about 8.

Again im not saying i hate the game, i love it. But it s too easy. My rank look doesn't mean anything, Even though im in the top 5 or somewhere close for NZ... But there is over 20 people that have gen.... Its lame
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6834|Belgium
I don't understand what you all care about that stupid rank icon. Hell to me it's fine that many people have Brig.General.. Means they have all the unlocks and thus nor them or I have any advantages over each other.
Being a Brig.General if they took those requirements and triple them or whatever you guys want would still mean shit in game. It doesn't show how good you are, only how much time you have in game.

The best example of this is that yesterday I joined a Camp Gibraltar server. But my rank wasn't correct, it was show as recruit (or whatever the basic rank is), but I still got all my unlocks, so what the hell, right. So I played, and there were like 6 Brig. Generals in game and most of them in the opposite team. So when I ended up with the Gold Medal, after killing them loads of times. They start accusing me that I cheat, because "there 's no way that a simple recruit could beat their uber1337 skillz they acquired by being a Brig. General."
(no shit, that's what they said)

On topic; They won't change the ranks. And they won't add ranks either, since the unlocks work via NS Awards.
And if EA would say; yes it's to easy to become a high-ranker. Than I hope they would add more ranks, instead of changing the reqs. It would be more fun to play towards a totally new rank, than to play towards a rank you already had. Especially if there are no advantages tied to the rank.

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-01-28 02:55:55)

Zukabazuka
+23|6703
NZDeathboy, you have 7 gold badges of 20. and you say you almost have all of them? right....
Then in BF2 you said you had 8 ehm wrong again mister you only have 7, and still after 106h as medic you still havn't got expert in First Adi badge.

So NZDeathboy to get all golds in BF2142 takes 680h and and you only have about 320h, wich is far away from reaching all gold badges. Then we have those commanders points to get to 4000 on conquest and Titan mode and that's total 8000 points.

So yeah sure badges are easy to get if you have time.

Well being a brig. General you can at least expect them to have played it for while.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6728|Sweden
they will most likely add some new ranks on some time then you guys can have your fun..
MrEzeuss
+26|6408|Nethterlands (ZH)
And then a demotion-patch will come. Lose a game, lose a rank!
BrknPhoenix
+5|6340
Perhaps to people that play 10 hours a day it's too fast.  To people that have a normal schedule it's reasonable.  They thought about the raging hardcore gamer vs. the general player, and the general player won out, as they should.  You shouldn't have to dedicate months or years of your life every day just to do well in a game.  Sillyness.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK
Im happy with the way it is. Im not a heavy player of games, i dont have time to spend 1000+ hours getting all the unlocks.
Wamzip
+1|6407|Cov - UK

BrknPhoenix wrote:

Perhaps to people that play 10 hours a day it's too fast.  To people that have a normal schedule it's reasonable.  They thought about the raging hardcore gamer vs. the general player, and the general player won out, as they should.  You shouldn't have to dedicate months or years of your life every day just to do well in a game.  Sillyness.
Totally agree. Some of you say "It only took me 200 hours"! That's a lot of time to spend on a game if you have a full time job.  I suppose it's different for some people but I spent about 210 hours on BF2 and that's the most time I've ever spent on a game and ever want to.  It's all good fun but it's nice to 'finish' a game and still have a life (and maybe play a different game at some point this year). I recently bought Gear of War for 360, It took me about 10 hours to finish and some of you say "it only took me 200 Hours" that's 20X the length of Gears of War.Gears was a good game and I was happy with the length of time it took to finish. BF2 required far to much of a time commitment, 2142 is more reasonable IMO.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard