joker8baller
+68|6693

Skorpy-chan wrote:

No. Not all servers run Wake or Gulf of Oman, so not all have defenses against such.

Also, it's annoying to spawn in an artillery strike or airstrike and just die with no chance to survive make your time. It doesen't give anyone a ghost of a chance.
LOL... You don't have 2 Essex's for no reason hm?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6371|Twyford, UK

joker8baller wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

No. Not all servers run Wake or Gulf of Oman, so not all have defenses against such.

Also, it's annoying to spawn in an artillery strike or airstrike and just die with no chance to survive make your time. It doesen't give anyone a ghost of a chance.
LOL... You don't have 2 Essex's for no reason hm?
What? Huh?

You make no sense. Not all servers have maps with that infernal carrier running on a 24/7 rotation.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6679|pimelteror.de
"Should baserape be allowed on all servers"?

Answer:

No.

/end of thread
ZekersSneakers
+8|6530

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Answer:

No.

/end of thread
Then stick to single player games newbie!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6699|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
The essex AA isn't going to do jack shit if your in a chopper cirlcing Sharquis Tv station.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6657|Finland

ZekersSneakers wrote:

*cry*

#1 This topic has been discussed
#2 People have different opinions on this
#3 Because of #2, the admins of ranked servers can decide on this themselves
#4 This topic has been discussed
#5 This thread should be closed
#6 This topic has been discussed
I need around tree fiddy.
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6540|montreal, quebec

mike_01042 wrote:

I mean, they do have the USS Essex to protect tehsmelves but they all jump and tk for jets instead of going on the essex.

Discuss
if it can raises your aviator stats, have fun. i stopped being an asshole after my first 50h in jet. you get the jet first, fine. we dont have all flags, i'll fly by instead of baserapping..but the second we will have them all...
Col.Vind
Bob Saget is my karkand..
+14|6368|Smurfvillage, Gotland

panderiz wrote:

Just boost the ESSEX's AA power, the missiles should be almost 100% successful within a certain radius of the carrier, would make wake a whole lot more balanced.
Stop saying Wake isnt balanced.. USMC have a greater chance of victory than PLA does..
panderiz
+32|6792

Col.Vind wrote:

panderiz wrote:

Just boost the ESSEX's AA power, the missiles should be almost 100% successful within a certain radius of the carrier, would make wake a whole lot more balanced.
Stop saying Wake isnt balanced.. USMC have a greater chance of victory than PLA does..
Maybe in your average pub server, but get any 2 decent j10 pilots and a half pair in the attack heli and you'll never get off the carrier.  It becomes worse is with team switching.

What is the need for straffing the carrier over and over, NONE except asshat pilots that get off on their stats.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6679
Ironically, pro-baserapers tell the rest to shut up and get skills, yet so many of them only baserape to get their kills easier..
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6663|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Of course it should.

Alls you have to do is stop them from doing it. AKA dont be shite.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6720|Howell, Mi USA
There shouldn't be any server rules, do what u want. Every uncap has defence weapons, it's just some people are too lazy to use them. It's easier to complain
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Leonnoe1
+2|6751
It's the servers choice. If you don't like the rules, then go somewhere else or pay for your own server. They pay the monthly bills, they get to decide how to run it.
Col.Vind
Bob Saget is my karkand..
+14|6368|Smurfvillage, Gotland

panderiz wrote:

Col.Vind wrote:

panderiz wrote:

Maybe in your average pub server, but get any 2 decent j10 pilots and a half pair in the attack heli and you'll never get off the carrier.  It becomes worse is with team switching.

What is the need for straffing the carrier over and over, NONE except asshat pilots that get off on their stats.
Get one USMC pilot to bail at the airfield and have 5 guys spawning on him.. And BANG! USMC won the map..
MrE`158
+103|6649
I'm going to go with the side that says  "It's up to whoever's paying for the server to set the rules".  There are more than enough servers out there that if you want to baserape, you can do so happily somewhere else.

I hate the bullshit argument that says "It's war, in the real world it'd happen."  In a real war, a carrier is able to defend itself properly.  To the extent that when the US Navy conducts wargames, carriers are considered indestructible.  The Essex in BF2 isn't able to defend itself from even half-decent J-10 (or other) pilots.  The fighters can use their cannon to destroy the Phalanx turrets from way beyond visual range, and the Phalanx lock-on range is even shorter than visual range, for some crazy reason.  The turrets don't move, the pilots can always know exactly where to aim by judging it in relation to the flag symbol.  The 'planes can come in from any angle, making it nearly impossible for the turrets to defend themselves.  Usually the first thing a Phalanx knows about an incoming jet is when his turret is torn apart by cannon fire.

So, no, I don't think it should be allowed on every server.  Lots of people don't like it, and believe it makes for a better, more balanced game.  That's their decision, and if you don't like it don't play on their server, go splash out a shitload of cash on getting your own.
BlackKoala
+215|6351
No, I don't believe it should be allowed.  Being a mainly SF player, and main Ghost Town, I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.  You put a tank on the main bridge, a heli covering the boats an APC on Second Street, and the enemy has no chance of surviving for more than five seconds. 

I sure as hell have raped though, but I only do it if the server allows it.  If the admins say "NO" then I don't.

I just think it's a pussy way to get your points, to rape.  There's not much skill in it, at all.   Especially if your team has faster PC's or whatever, and can take the map in ten seconds by getting in-game first.  The other team didn't have a chance to start with, no reason to make it worse.  >.<

$.02
Mad Ad
+178|6537|England, UK

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Ironically, pro-baserapers tell the rest to shut up and get skills, yet so many of them only baserape to get their kills easier..
Drexel
+43|6502|Philadelphia
Dude,  If you want to go baserape,  go ahead.  Just don't join a server that doesn't allow it and try to do it. 

***There   ARE   rules of war, and no one can deny them (Often referred to as "war crimes").***

Same as there are rules to a game, and if someone wants to set these rules in their server, then respect them or pay the price.

Last edited by Drexel (2007-01-25 09:53:23)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6420|The Gem Saloon
i think all the baserapers should throw down money and get a server specific to that bullshit,
not come into other peoples servers that they pay for and whine about it. besides the kick and/or ban is always sweeter when they whine about it.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6795|Human Meat Shield
When I first started I hated all the baserapers, it seem like I couldnt spawn without getting killed. Then I saw the light... this is a game.. so what. I learned to aviod it or used a tactic of clays. Because I knew it was my teams fault for not moving forward to capture flags.

My servers allow baserape or whatever you kids call it. We arent pussies, defend or get killed. I believe BOTH sides should attack, trust me people can rid the baserapers or "attackers" I like to call them.  I mean why have it where only one side is attacking? Whats good for one side should be good for the other. I know alot are going to say "no skill" or whatever. Its a freaking game, it doesnt take skill to mash a mouse button, if people are baseraping be sniper and quick release the infamous clay and watch it clear out in a hurry. Or if a Chopper is raping, its your damn teams fault for 32 of them waiting for a one-seated aircraft that now cant get off the ground. Its called teamwork and brainpower.  GET A FLAG, thats the name of the game!- Not, I NEED POINTS - if you think that way.. you deserve to get raped, no matter what skill you think you have.

Oh and with the rules or war crimes - I dont think Bush or any president said, " okay this is off limits, they cant attack here.. or here.. or here, we can only attack them, they have to defend." Well maybe the French, but other than that, I dont believe anyone did.

Last edited by imdead (2007-01-25 21:59:06)

Volatile
+252|6730|Sextupling in Empire

mike_01042 wrote:

I mean, they do have the USS Essex to protect tehsmelves but they all jump and tk for jets instead of going on the essex.

Discuss
Yeah, cause someone that has had an hours time in a jet doesn't know how to line-up and destroy the Essex guns before they have time to react.

Next patch needs shoulder fired AA, then maybe I'll come back to BF2.

Or not.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6679|pimelteror.de

ZekersSneakers wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Answer:

No.

/end of thread
you seem to be quite manly, for a 12 years old uber-haxxor...
ZekersSneakers
+8|6530

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

ZekersSneakers wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Answer:

No.

/end of thread
I'm 12 because I called a carebear a newbie?
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6795|Human Meat Shield
People like the "dont come in our uncap because its our safe place and we like to shine up our weapons before we attack!" But then they go rape the Airfield...whats the effing difference?!!! Airfield or Essex?? There is no difference. People that like the No-Uncap are trying to benefit themselves and the game. If you dont like getting raped, dont spawn and wait until next round when you can do the raping..
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6679|pimelteror.de

ZekersSneakers wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

ZekersSneakers wrote:

I'm 12 because I called a carebear a newbie?
No. you seem to be very immature, because you donĀ“t get the point of the topic, that was posted many times before and which was answered many times before - many people think, that baserape is unfair. so it is forbidden on many servers. the admins pay for the server, so they make the rules.... there is no discussion on this.
furthermore you try to be cool, by advising me to play singleplayer and calling me a newb... is this a kind of mature discussion?

so everyone, who has another definition of fun and fairplay must be a carebear and a noob?

learn to accept different opinions.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard