CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6702|The View From The Afternoon

MrE`158 wrote:

Hacial wrote:

When there's many people at helipad/runway pressing E down waiting for the chopper/jet spawn, who's gonna get it? What things affect who's gonna get the chopper/jet?
The guy who's the best with the M95.
word
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6573|Belgium

true but on the bright side, it gives you some nice kills in the f35b on wake, get up, fly to airfield, usually you can gun down the heli, drop two bombs at the airstrip, and if the guy in the j10 is not on your tail yet, go refill and do that over again. If the J10 gets on your tail, lose him and if that isn't possible, try to fly to airfield, jump out and cap it. Funny thing is that 98% of those waiting for a plane doesn't even leave to keep the flag from being capped.
Aaah wake island, such a silly map!
arnica
+18|6726|Sydney

MrE`158 wrote:

Hacial wrote:

When there's many people at helipad/runway pressing E down waiting for the chopper/jet spawn, who's gonna get it? What things affect who's gonna get the chopper/jet?
The guy who's the best with the M95.
muhahahahahaah nice one!!!!
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6699|pimelteror.de
there are different spots, which are prefered. i donĀ“t know where it is, but a friend of mine always knows where to stand at the airfield, to get the j10 in 9/10 cases.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6832|Bulgaria
on some maps and with certain vehicles I know exactly where to stand in order to be sure that I will be the one to get it
hehe
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6525|Trondheim, Norway

bodrider wrote:

So is it better to tap E or hold E down, I usually tap E but I'm not sure if that actually works or not?
It is better to hold E down...
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6692

majorassult wrote:

Whoever is the best with it deserves it, but yeah it's whoever is the closest to the cockpit.
No it's not. I guarantee you it's not. As long as you are in a spot to get in and holding E , you have the same chance as a guy closer to the cockpit. It's something else.
dislexiclawyer
+11|6490|Missouri

The_Jester wrote:

AF seems to be an idiot magnet.
I'm banned from the Gotland server (temp ban, I guess) for 6 punished tk's. All 6 was autopunish to an idiot blocking my jet.
QFT

Once during Road Rage I was at the truck stop and noticed a guy in a mobile AA up by the highway firing so I thought I would grab some armor and help him out. So I get to driving up there and park and start firing at the tank he is engaging. Then he backs up full speed into me and hits me the same time he gets killed by the enemy tank, and it said I TK'ed him, then the bastard punishes me for it. But that is just normal BF2 retardness, plus there are always at least 4 people waiting to get in the A-10 and when they do get it all they do is TK big groups of friendly armor and completely miss the stupid fav they were trying to bomb. Meanwhile the neutral flag is completely open for the MEC to take. Whats even worse is the few times I have tried to take the A10 I get SRAW'd by a guy who says it is his, but when it respawns he doesn't even take it.

[/rant]
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6509|A W S M F O X
I used to tap E, it works, holding is easier, works better. I jump too, when its about to spawn.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6737|Devon, England
I don't know why, but I always seem to be the first or second guy to get in.

I'm lucky
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6509|A W S M F O X
Sometimes you just get lucky lol.

Unless M95 is involved.......
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6665
Could it be about ram or ping? I have 2gb ram and I usually get it.
And btw, why EA hasn't yet fixed F-35B? They have had time and patches.
SteikeTa
+153|6794|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

Hacial wrote:

They dont need to fix the f35b. Why should they do it? Some things require skills to use. Its like this: I cant solo the heli and hit with the tv missiles. Does that mean they should fix it so its easier for me to do it? No...
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6509|A W S M F O X
Exactly, the only trouble with F-35 is hit box, and mainly with J-10.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6665

SteikeTa wrote:

Hacial wrote:

They dont need to fix the f35b. Why should they do it? Some things require skills to use. Its like this: I cant solo the heli and hit with the tv missiles. Does that mean they should fix it so its easier for me to do it? No...
Well I think there is problem when you can't shake missiles in F-35B even if you drop flares. (This has happned to me... and seen this happening when I shoot 2 missiles to F-35B, he drops flares and still gets killed.)
SteikeTa

Hacial wrote:

SteikeTa wrote:

Hacial wrote:

Well I think there is problem when you can't shake missiles in F-35B even if you drop flares. (This has happned to me... and seen this happening when I shoot 2 missiles to F-35B, he drops flares and still gets killed.)
You have to time it correctly. You drop the flares just before impact.... and do not fly straight of course. After that, its obvious what you should do, right? Get away, behind him or what ever. You dont let him get lock on you again. Either get behind him or get away and stay away til you get flares again.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6665

SteikeTa wrote:

You have to time it correctly. You drop the flares just before impact.... and do not fly straight of course. After that, its obvious what you should do, right? Get away, behind him or what ever. You dont let him get lock on you again. Either get behind him or get away and stay away til you get flares again.
If I drop them after some time I've had lock on at me and do all kinds of manouvers (joystick) still I get shot by them. And if the J-10 pilot is any good it's really hard to get them off your tail. I'm not whining about the hitbox, just that it's missile magnet. Like if you fly J-10 you can shake the F-35B missiles of by just doing some manouvers (also AA) but with F-35B impossible...
Skorpy-chan
+127|6391|Twyford, UK

dislexiclawyer wrote:

there are always at least 4 people waiting to get in the A-10 and when they do get it all they do is TK big groups of friendly armor and completely miss the stupid fav they were trying to bomb.
[/rant]
Maybe they're taking the USAF as an example? That seems to be what THEY do, too...
SteikeTa

Hacial wrote:

SteikeTa wrote:

If I drop them after some time I've had lock on at me and do all kinds of manouvers (joystick) still I get shot by them. And if the J-10 pilot is any good it's really hard to get them off your tail. I'm not whining about the hitbox, just that it's missile magnet. Like if you fly J-10 you can shake the F-35B missiles of by just doing some manouvers (also AA) but with F-35B impossible...
Yes I understand. But you have to watch behind you... see when the missiles are coming at you. THEN just before impact drop your flares. Have you set your views to the buttons on your joystick? I use a mouse. Have fly by on the wheel. Rear view and cockpit on the thumb buttons on the side.

Last edited by SteikeTa (2007-01-24 05:33:05)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6691
I would just use c4 and blow everyone up around you if FF is on so they ll fly in the air they wont die that way u just hop into the plane if its not destroyed by ur c4.
ssonrats
+221|6691
I have noticed if you stand nearer the front of where the chopper spawns you get the gunner seat most of the time.

Last edited by ssonrats (2007-01-24 05:40:18)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6575|Belgium
prone at the cockpit side of the helipad and look up. You usually get the driver seat then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard