Poll

Jet option like IO option?

Yes - this would be just another flavor of BF257%57% - 44
No - Jets should be status quo42%42% - 33
Total: 77
JaggedPanther
+61|6495
Borat wants to know!

What if a 'no jets' option was available in BF2. It probably wouldn't be as popular as IO, but some believe IO itself is somewhat popular because there are no jets.  Please keep in mind that even the IO option is not very significant compared to regular BF2. 

(and no I don't hate jets, I have a good K/D ratio in them), I just feel like I can bomb\shoot at will too much and not worry about getting killed while riding in comfort in a jet.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-01-17 05:55:38)

Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6670|Norway
Been discussed 1232142132 times before...

Besides, dragon valley 32p sux imo because the choppers dominate to much, only chopper "whores" will love this.

Last edited by Fredrik (2007-01-17 05:57:16)

Crossfire
Norwegian TV-missile spammer
+2|6485|Stavanger, Norway
Yeah, i hate getting raped by a jet when i rock the chopper.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738
Go buy a flight sim.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
JaggedPanther
+61|6495
Choppers can be easily shot down by roaming jeeps (and even boats). For instance; All that is needed to counter the MEC chopper at Sharqi is a buggy in a well hidden place (closer towards the center of the map) same as dragon valley. 

Even a tank round, followed up by 4 seconds of machine gun and the choppers are down.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6675

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Go buy a flight sim.
at least look at the original post
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Afrika_18
+26|6564
awesome idea!  This way you can keep everybody happy.  The jet whores will still have their un-nerffed j10s, and the rest of us can play on no-jet servers!
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6760
What and then hand maps overto armor whores?  Jets at least keep armor whores in check on maps such as Wake, Kubra, and Clean Sweep.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6587|Area 51
Removing jets = Chopper owning = removing choppers = tanks owning = removing tanks = basically IO. It would be cool though to make a Jet Only Option on some kind of a way..like wake island..maximum of 16 players. 16 jets offcourse and perhaps like..100 tickets? without ticket drain?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6612|Reisterstown, MD

I think the way they have it now is perfect.  You either play with vehicles or without vehicles.  Next, you will have people playing in servers with no choppers that have tanks and so on.
The_Jester
+52|6513|Italy
I don't know.
But there should be a IO mode with jeeps, without mounted MG.
IO+transport.

And jetskis on SF maps, but IO Iron Gator would be pointless anyway, I guess.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6676|Teesside, UK

JaggedPanther wrote:

Choppers can be easily shot down by roaming jeeps (and even boats). For instance; All that is needed to counter the MEC chopper at Sharqi is a buggy in a well hidden place (closer towards the center of the map) same as dragon valley. 

Even a tank round, followed up by 4 seconds of machine gun and the choppers are down.
Don't forget the 1 hit heli killers the Tow launchers.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738

SargeV1.4 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Go buy a flight sim.
Sigh my bad.

I would still say no. Because it takes away what BF2 really is, without jets, chopper whores are everywhere. Go play karkand if you don't want to watch out for the sky.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
killer21

The_Jester wrote:

And jetskis on SF maps, but IO Iron Gator would be pointless anyway, I guess.
Zatar Wetlands, Iron Gator, Operation Clean Sweep, and Songhua Stalemate are all maps that are completely worthless when it comes to IO.
killer21

crimson_grunt wrote:

If you are dumb enough to get hit by a TOW, then u deserve to crash.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6745|Doncaster, England
IMO the option should be cars only, I don't mind if they have a mounted MG or not.
I really hate all the running, I would play IO more with cars.

If you take out the jets, you just get killed by something else, and so it goes on until you take it all away,
and you're just left with cars 

Last edited by jamesb (2007-01-17 08:23:43)

crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6676|Teesside, UK

killer21 wrote:

crimson_grunt wrote:

If you are dumb enough to get hit by a TOW, then u deserve to crash.
True, but I've been taking more and more helis down lately with tows.  Maps like Leviathan and Mass destruction have some really well placed launchers and reduced visibility for the helis.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6515|Berlin, Germany

RDMC(2) wrote:

Removing jets = Chopper owning = removing choppers = tanks owning = removing tanks = basically IO.
QFT

RDMC(2) wrote:

It would be cool though to make a Jet Only Option on some kind of a way..like wake island..maximum of 16 players. 16 jets offcourse and perhaps like..100 tickets? without ticket drain?
there is Wake Air show... but Wake sucks - no tunnels to fly through and shit ^^
Slickfish
+24|6645
I'd love to see a option to have jets removed.
Helo's are more than killable with the SAM sites and mounted MG's, what can touch jets thats on the ground, SAM's if your lucky and the pilots crap.
Jet's ruin the round for everyone but the jet whore sometimes, as a option I think it would be cool to have them on/off, as they are one of the reasons I switch our server to IO but then after afew days we want vehicles back, but then we hate the jets, back to IO, so on so forth.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6515|Berlin, Germany
i don't think you've played against skilled helowhores...
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6670|Norway

Slickfish wrote:

I'd love to see a option to have jets removed.
Helo's are more than killable with the SAM sites and mounted MG's, what can touch jets thats on the ground, SAM's if your lucky and the pilots crap.
Jet's ruin the round for everyone but the jet whore sometimes, as a option I think it would be cool to have them on/off, as they are one of the reasons I switch our server to IO but then after afew days we want vehicles back, but then we hate the jets, back to IO, so on so forth.
32 player fushe, 32 player dragon valley, special forces...

But i think it should be possible to choose which vehicles you want in your server. But that`s against the "ROE"... Seriously, the stat system and the ROE crap are taking a lot of fun out of this game.

So what if someone get better stats than you by playing in a different way? The only stats I care about is my own, because i know how i got those.

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

i don't think you've played against skilled helowhores...
I played against this guy on 32 player dragon valley the other day on Spelarenan.se. Me and a friend dominated that server for a couple of hours before he came in and went solo in the Cobra. I have never felt so owned before, and i had a very good gunner in the Z-10

He`s good inf to, must be a second acc, wonder who he is...

Last edited by Fredrik (2007-01-17 09:05:59)

Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6501|Trondheim, Norway
Go play 2142...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6587|England

No, leave it as it is.

There is already enough shit in this game between so called "easy infantry mode" and so called "vehicle whores". This would just tear apart an already separated community even more.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6367|Twyford, UK
It's a good idea, actually. Jets change the entire dynamic of the game just by their presence, so it would make an interesting companion to IO servers.

At the very least, give some goddamn warning you're about to be bombed. Simply exploding is not warning.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6587|Area 51

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Go buy a flight sim.
Sigh my bad.

I would still say no. Because it takes away what BF2 really is, without jets, chopper whores are everywhere. Go play karkand if you don't want to watch out for the sky.
I think your better of for the 2 bombs that fall out of the sky every minute then the 35347457 hand grenades that fall out of the sky on Karkand every 3 seconds..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard