Afrika_18
+26|6562
I've recently got back into BF2.  I've had it for a while, but before I'd just screw around.  Now that I'm trying to improve my score, I'm beginning to get pissed off about the jets.  The bulk of players fight on the ground and it seems to me somewhat unfair that the top point-getters are 90% of the time in jets.  Jets against which AA is next to useless.  I like that jets are in the game, don't get me wrong.  But they should make it so AA is a one hit kill, or make it so that the player actually has to land the jet for a short amount of time to reload.  This might even things out somewhat.  Yesterday, I was playing on Oman and about 75% of the time I died from jets...against which there is no chance to effectively fight back if you are on the ground. 

BF2142, to me, was balanced right out of the box, at least compared to BF2.  Air power in 2142 doesn't pwn like it does in BF2 but its still a hell of a lot of fun.  I wish they'd do something for BF2 in the next patch.
shadowkila
+26|6430|Canada
Thats not true, the jets shuold not be nerfed,go and read how to use the AA's properly.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6642|Little Bentcock
No!!!!!
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6753|Singapore
PLay karkand end of story:p
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6766|The United Center
...isn't that the point of a jet?  Obviously they should be able to kill ground infantry without a problem.

If you're getting killed by jets, then one of two things is happening: your pilots aren't doing their job, or you don't know how to correctly use the AA.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6663

jets have already been "nerfed" once, and AA made more powerful. to alter it further would be irrational just because a few players still cant handle them.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6672|pimelteror.de

shadowkila wrote:

go and read how to use the AA's properly.
the aa are homing missiles. you donĀ“t need to aim with them. you just have to understand, when you should fire and when you better leave the aa behind. if a jet is diving on your stingersite, prepare to die. so better try to shoot them, when they are passing by.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6576|Brisbane, Aus

well don't play massive Air maps, especialy ones with heavy bombers
Afrika_18
+26|6562

Ayumiz wrote:

PLay karkand end of story:p
I do play Karkand, but I like to play on other maps too.  I know how to use the AA to, I've spent whole rounds using it.  And yes, you can shoot down jets with it.  I'm not saying that you can't.  What I'm saying is that the balance between kills with jets to kills against jets is skewed well in favor of jets.  In a game in which the bulk of the players are fighting on the ground, for the pilots to consistently get double or triple the score of the highest scoring ground-pounder, just doesn't seem right.  That said: I love jets and choppers, I would hate to see them taken out of the game entirely (not that that would ever happen).  But they need to be nerfed, or AA needs to be beefed.
The_Jester
+52|6511|Italy
Stingers and Iglas are a joke, 2 free points for any non-handicapped pilot. I never have a problem with stationary AA, and I fail with jets. Mobile AA can be a serious pain in the back.

True, jets are not a big deal if you have decent pilots in your team. But if not? And it's not your fault. Nothing you can do about it. That's the wrong part. Sure, jets are supposed to dominate ground troops, but sometimes you can't do anything about it period. That's wrong, everything in a game should have a balanced counter.

But there's no real solutions. If they have a good pilot and you don't, you are pretty much fucked.
It's a part of the game.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

The_Jester wrote:

Stingers and Iglas are a joke, 2 free points for any non-handicapped pilot. I never have a problem with stationary AA, and I fail with jets. Mobile AA can be a serious pain in the back.

True, jets are not a big deal if you have decent pilots in your team. But if not? And it's not your fault. Nothing you can do about it. That's the wrong part. Sure, jets are supposed to dominate ground troops, but sometimes you can't do anything about it period. That's wrong, everything in a game should have a balanced counter.

But there's no real solutions. If they have a good pilot and you don't, you are pretty much fucked.
It's a part of the game.
...that's why you don't just sit in the IGLA/Stinger and wait for a jet to come by, hoping he doesn't see you.

Wait for it to pass, then jump in, lock on, and wait for flares.  Keep your lock, and fire away.
Afrika_18
+26|6562

ThomasMorgan wrote:

...isn't that the point of a jet?  Obviously they should be able to kill ground infantry without a problem.

If you're getting killed by jets, then one of two things is happening: your pilots aren't doing their job, or you don't know how to correctly use the AA.
Sure, its the point of a jet in real life.  But this is a game and games to be fun for everyone should be balanced for everyone.

You are right about pilots not doing their job, this certainly helps.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining, tonight after work I'm still going to play on the same servers I've been getting owned on for the last couple of weeks.  I'm still having fun, I just think that in relation to ground-pounders, pilots have a rather skewed advantage.  Even if they made it so the jet had to land and re-arm for a short period might balance things a little better.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6698|In You Endo- Stoke

The_Jester wrote:

It's a part of the game.
QFT

Thats normally how it ends up,if you have crap pilots on your side your screwed.

I don't think i have ever shot down a plane with an AA or  IGLA by the time you have locked and they have fire flares and lokced back on they are gone.

I've killed more with TV missles..
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6513|Berlin, Germany
Stop whining and learn to play or start flying yourself... especially at oman IGLAs/Stingers can pwn
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Afrika_18 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Sure, its the point of a jet in real life.  But this is a game and games to be fun for everyone should be balanced for everyone.

You are right about pilots not doing their job, this certainly helps.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining, tonight after work I'm still going to play on the same servers I've been getting owned on for the last couple of weeks.  I'm still having fun, I just think that in relation to ground-pounders, pilots have a rather skewed advantage.  Even if they made it so the jet had to land and re-arm for a short period might balance things a little better.
If they did that, then they should change ammo bags to only resupply one mag at a time.

It's the same basic principle.  You walk over an ammo bag as infantry and you're completely rearmed.  You fly over your airfield in a jet...you're completely rearmed.

The jets are fine the way they are with the only exception being the J10.
Mosh
+2|6763
play IO like i do, then you don't ahve to worry about cheese and real player skill (not that flying doesnt take skill) comes through. groundpounding is the way to show you got chops. not flying a jet that only 2 other people on the map have a chance of killing
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6673
same old same old..

I WANT TEH JET TO BE AS POWERFUL AS ME!!!! *cry*

Tank on Karkand = strongest ground vehicle

you cannot take down a tank by yourself effectively. If you could, why the hell would they even be made in the first place? The whole point of these vehicles is to provide people with more ability to kill and to protect them from enemy fire. You need actual teamwork to take down a tank as infantry.

You cannot take down a jet simply by yourself. If anyone with a discount-price black market russian stinger launcher could take down modern jets they wouldn't be used in combat.

You idiots want to bring down the power of these vehicles so you are able to take them on by yourself. If you want to do that, go in an equally powerful vehicle. Why the hell do you think there are 2 jets on a map, and 30 players left on the ground? Work around them or shut up. jets have already been nerfed up to the point that a pilot who doesnt pay attention can get shot down easily.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6513|Berlin, Germany

SargeV1.4 wrote:

same old same old..

you cannot take down a tank by yourself effectively. If you could, why the hell would they even be made in the first place? The whole point of these vehicles is to provide people with more ability to kill and to protect them from enemy fire. You need actual teamwork to take down a tank as infantry.

You cannot take down a jet simply by yourself. If anyone with a discount-price black market russian stinger launcher could take down modern jets they wouldn't be used in combat.

You idiots want to bring down the power of these vehicles so you are able to take them on by yourself. If you want to do that, go in an equally powerful vehicle. Why the hell do you think there are 2 jets on a map, and 30 players left on the ground? Work around them or shut up. jets have already been nerfed up to the point that a pilot who doesnt pay attention can get shot down easily.
QFT +1

Edit: oh! and can't all you whiners stay with 2142 and pls don't even think about coming back... the BF2 Community doesn't want You!

Last edited by OGdR_MadMax (2007-01-17 06:31:13)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6565
2142 barely has air power. Go play it.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Afrika_18
+26|6562

SargeV1.4 wrote:

same old same old..

I routinely take down tanks by myself with c4 and mines, and I take down the odd jet too with AA.  I'm not whining, I'm still going to play and have fun like I always do.  But this is a forum, and if I want to make  suggestion, I'm going to.  It is true that there are only a couple of jets on each map, but that's not the point.  Its the fact that they are relatively untouchable, compared to tanks/infantry and everything else.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6698|In You Endo- Stoke

SargeV1.4 wrote:

same old same old..

LOL sarge, i want to AA/IGLA to hit planes and thats it..

I couldn't care less otherwise its just another vehicle that people whore.
Mad Ad
+178|6530|England, UK
oh yawn, same complaints same 'great idea' suggestions to 'fix' it.....its all been discussed before

ok heres some tips, play on a server that allows uncap baseraping- doesnt mean you are sheilded from it but it ensures that the planes have more to do than just pound on you (altho on certain oman baserape servers you might not get hit by a jet all day lol) - also you could try SF, choppers only on those maps, otherwise play another game.

BF2 (despite being owned by EbloodyA) is a great game because of the vehicle interaction, games for years have made poor attempts to add vehicles into FPS, ugly boxes that moved along a fixed track onto more recent additions of rovers et al by the Unreal team however none had the same level of integration of modern vehicles along with the high playability of the more traditional foot based fps that we all know of - that is, until the Battlefield series was released.

The only way I deal with it is by getting good in a plane- that way when im having a foot game and get plastered over the map by their aircraft I dont mind, its only what I do to everyone else on another day
ZekersSneakers
+8|6524
Jets are insanely overpowered and AA sucks, you can't kill a jet fairly unless you are in one yourself.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

Jets are supposed to be the dominant force. They should NOT be nerfed. The only changes to be made, is to fix the LGM bug and sort out the balance issue with the J10.

The only time when jets are supremely dominant, is when the US are getting spawnraped to shit on a carrier (i.e. Wake - so stay the fuck away from that stupid map).
Bombers, yes they are amazingly powerful against ground units. They are supposed to be.
But they are so easy to take down with the relevant fighter in the map (usually F/A-18, J10 or the MiG).

If you are complaining about AA being shite - 2 mobile AA missiles will take down a jet. Even the J10 has problems avoiding them. Ignore all the IGLA's/Stingers - they are useless and will only add to your death count.
Mobile AA can easily knock out jets. Learn to use it and stay alert. 40 hours later and my 6.3 KDR with it, 95% has come from the big maps (not Ghost Town spawnraping) - kinda says that its not shite.

+1 To Sarge - best post in this thread.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6714|Howell, Mi USA
Like Shadowkila says, learn how to use AA. Jets are pretty easy to shoot down. And don't feel bad, try useing AA pre 1.2 patch when AA was a joke. It's pretty easy now.

The game if fine how it is

StOp tEh NeRf!!!11one

Btw: there isnt going to be another patch
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard