The_Jester
+52|6537|Italy
I really feel sorry for the author of that video and the nerds commenting in the last part, going all angry and personal for BS like this.

I don't think BF2 is the perfect game, not even close. But I can look at two very simple things in my stats page.
The first is       Total      509:05:58
The second is   Cost ($50 base)      9.8213 cph

Adeguate reasons to consider BF2 a great game.

I bet the majority of those whining kids have bought all SF, EF and AF, giving more money to EA/DICE.
You, Patton, have played this game for 1422 hours and bought both SF and AF.
If this game is SO shitty, why playing it so much? Why giving them more money?

When they started modifying things like the blackhawk, the noobtube, TV's range,  why didn't you (not you Patton, all the whiners) stopped playing?
Simple, because there isn't another game like this.
So, if you wanna play a game like this, you have to adapt.
Otherwise, stop playing, stop giving them money and move to some different company. That's how modern economy works.

But in some cases, I think it's just a very bad form of addiction. And the most hardcore crybabies woul play this game (and whine about it) even with water-pistols and slingshots.
adv3rsary
+28|6762
watching this "video" aka slideshow is just too boring... sorry cant sit through it all
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6693
I tend to agree. They spent way more time appeasing whiners than they did actually fixing bugs.

I don't think I'll be purchasing and future Battlefield games.
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6532|UK
What kind of sad prick would make that film

It's a game ffs, and EA own the interlectual propery, its there's to do what they want with

If they choose to release a patch that removes a feature you happen to like for the benefit of the other thousands of players who dont like to run, jump, shoot, prone, jump, reload and prone simultaneously then fair play to them

Fundamntally the game hasnt changed, therefore the reason you bought it is still valid.  If they had released BF2 in its current format no-one would moan coz u wouldnt know any different

Get over it, or go play another game

Last edited by Mong0ose (2007-01-06 07:49:04)

Sh4d0wF0x14
+36|6510|luton. uk
yh y the music for tht video, lol kinda creepy, made me cry
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6566|Adelaide, South Australia

Mong0ose wrote:

Fundamntally the game hasnt changed, therefore the reason you bought it is still valid.  If they had released BF2 in its current format no-one would moan coz u wouldnt know any different
But we do know the difference, and don't like it. That's the point!
gunmedown
+5|6468|Hernani, Guipuzcoa
I agree with you , although i haven´t played bf2 that long and only from patch 1.3, so im not really sure about all the mess with the patches, and how much the game has changed as a result, but i do know that EA needs to learn from this and think a bit more in us, the gaming community. after all we the ones that put EA where they are today.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then again EA is only a money making machine and not much more???????????
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6526|Somewhere else

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

I tend to agree. They spent way more time appeasing whiners than they did actually fixing bugs.
Definitely.  I'm waiting for Battlefield 2: Special Ed Forces.  Every round both teams win. So no one feels bad.
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6488
No matter what anyone says and how bad the bugs were at one point, I still think Bf2 is one of the best multiplayer games of all time. It will certainly be a classic despite all of its flaws. I see the game more of a monument of the last good game made by DICE and EA. I won't be buying anymore games from EA or DICE because of what they made people put up with, but I'm not gonna be a hypocrite and say the game isn't awesome.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6470|Canuckistan
This guy makes a pretty good point.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6677|Washington, DC

I only play BF2 because it's the only game on the market with a good gameplay system (as in Conquest, and spawning in and whatnot), that lets you do almost anything you want: infantry, tanks, jets, choppers.

But EA and DICE have fucked up royally. 2142 is collecting dust. It was OK but not as good as BF2 is, or was on release. But I remember when BF2's demo came out, I was playing it almost non-stop. BF2 came out, I played it a bit but my system didn't like it for some reason. In September I began playing it again, DAMN was that fun. I'm ashamed though, that I slowly devolved into a whiner about the GL (which I agree needed a slight change), diving, and hopping. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about dolphin diving in retrospect is that it looks retarded. If you had a more realistic-looking way of avoiding fire (IE much faster strafing) it'd be fine.

Digital Illusions CE Sweden is an embarrassment to Sweden.

Digital Illusions CE Canada was an embarrrassment to Canada (thank God they got closed down when EA bought out DICE)

EA Games is an embarrassment to America.

This triumvirate (well, a duo now) is a fucking disgrace to humanity. I can only hope that a developer with good developing skills and excellent community concern will make a game like BF2, without the shitty bugs, the shitty gameplay (note: I mean that as in slow movement, retarded methods of dodging fire, etc), the fucking stupid nerfing. Come on Valve, I'm sure many BF2 fans would pay you a handsome sum of cash for a BF2-like game that's actually well-built by a good company.

Fuck you EA, fuck you DICE, I hope one day I'll be managing both of you so I can fire you all. Wait, no, I'd rather get testicular torsion than work at EA or DICE.

edit: Yes, I actually do enjoy the Ranking system. It gives the game a lot of longevity.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-01-06 11:48:05)

TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6640|Las Vegas, NV USA
Hmm...

1.  Does Bf2 have bugs?

Yes.

2.  Does every game that I know of have bugs?

Yes.

3.  Does EA appear to ignore some customer complaints?

Yes, some bugs haven't been fixed.  Some examples:  J10 is too good, crash to desktops (though not as much, in my experience), exploits, glitches (for example: inside walls).

4.  Does EA appear to listen to some costomer complaints?

Yes.  Complaint examples of the following that I can name off the top of my head that have been addressed (maybe not to some people's expectations):  "Bunny hopping," "dolphin diving," "noob-tubing", infantry-only, PKM sucks, PKM is too good, L85 is too good, L85 sucks, heat-seeking missiles suck, heat-seeking missiles too good, flag-chopper hopping, commanders punished for unintentional arty teamkills.

5.  Do I have almost 700 hours invested in this game?

Yes.

6.  Do many people have hundreds of hours invested in this game?

Yes.

7.  Does this game still have a strong following, even after being out for a year and a half, after the releases of Call of Duty, Counterstrike, Bf2142, and other FPSs', and after the release of three new gaming consoles?

Yes.

8.  Once again, does the game have bugs?

Yes.

9.  Do people still play, despite those bugs?

Yes.

10.  Do I get annoyed by those bugs?

Yes.

11.  Annoyed enough to stop playing?

No.

And on a personal note.  I think Bf2 introduced a bunch of awesome new things to the game over the original bf1942 series, and the mods associated with it.  So yes, I do think that they made a big improvement to the game.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6677|Washington, DC

Those aren't complaints, that's just bitching by skilless nubs. While the LMGs and snipers were inaccurate, the LMGs got way too large a boost in 1.2 (later set to good levels in 1.22). Snipers got a good boost though.

I think the only reason people stick around is cause no other game does what BF2 does.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6753|67.222.138.85

Hurricane wrote:

Those aren't complaints, that's just bitching by skilless nubs. While the LMGs and snipers were inaccurate, the LMGs got way too large a boost in 1.2 (later set to good levels in 1.22). Snipers got a good boost though.

I think the only reason people stick around is cause no other game does what BF2 does.
Yep.

As I alluded to in another thread, the idea of BF2 is what drives it and not the quality of the game. BF2 might be a much better game if run by a different company.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6701

EA definitely needs to do some revamping to their company and get it back to the way it was before. But since they're so big, I doubt they'll even care. That's why I love small companies, they know that they need their fans and they actually try to get things right instead of just trying to make a quick buck.

But I will still continue to play BF2 since it's still pretty decent. I just hope that EA/DICE puts a little more thought and effort in the next game they release.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2007-01-06 17:24:36)

MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6417|Pittsburgh, PA USA

SargeV1.4 wrote:

MagikTrik wrote:

Luckily I wasn't playing when it was released but looking at the timeline it seems like they did a pretty shitty job "fixing" things. Bottom line for me though is even with the bad shit I still have fun 90% of the time I'm playing online.
Luckily? when BF2 was released it was still great. You missed out on the best part by far.
I just meant i wasn't around to see how great it was in the beginning so i wasn't forced to watch it fall apart with each patch.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6727|Disaster Free Zone

The_Jester wrote:

I bet the majority of those whining kids have bought all SF, EF and AF, giving more money to EA/DICE.
Yes I bought SF, but that was before a lot of the problems, plus its better then the original. I didn't get EF or AF initially because they didn't release them on CD/DVD and I like having a tangible hard copy of things I buy. Call me old fashioned or what ever, but when I buy something I want it easily accessible at any time.

Also I haven't and wont buy BF 2142 and will have to think strongly about the pros and cons before buying any other EA games. So EA hasn't got any money out of me since Nov 2005, and probably wont get any for years to come.

The_Jester wrote:

When they started modifying things like the blackhawk, the noobtube, TV's range,  why didn't you (not you Patton, all the whiners) stopped playing?
Simple, because there isn't another game like this.
So, if you wanna play a game like this, you have to adapt.
Otherwise, stop playing, stop giving them money and move to some different company. That's how modern economy works.
I payed for the game and it was great when I got it, so I have every right to complain when they fuck it up. Would I buy the game in the state it i now, the answer is probably still yes because it is still a good game, but I'd know what I was purchasing, instead of buying something great and have it broken.
As for stop playing, it costs nothing for me to continue to play, Ive already paid my money and I don't own a server so EA gets no extra money (directly) from me if I continue playing or not. So I may as well get all the use out of the game I payed for.

The_Jester wrote:

But in some cases, I think it's just a very bad form of addiction. And the most hardcore crybabies woul play this game (and whine about it) even with water-pistols and slingshots.
Exaggeration or not, I will stop playing if it got too bad.

Ryan86th wrote:

you paid 50 dollars for this game

wtf

don't expect it to be perfect for you for the hundreds of hours you play

(directed to those who agree with the video)
I expect it to be close to perfect on release and patches are just for minor bug fixes, balancing issues and additional content. I defiantly expect the game to improve with patches not get worse both with balancing and bugs. and if you don't expect the same you will never get a bug free game.
It doesn't matter what you think about there games, Blizzard are the best in the business with customer support and satisfaction, EA just doesn't compare, and until they improve they have lost mine and many other peoples business.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6612|England

Mong0ose wrote:

Do you really think that 1000's of people who, upon buying a new game, find that they can glitch inside walls, find that LGM's dont work, have delays on shooting when changing from prone/standing, seriously unbalanced jets (well, the J10 & F35 anyway), commander screen glitches, reg tag bugs, kit reporting problems (the top score tabs at the end, which also affects medals), and hell it doesnt even show the server name & IP correctly on the loading screen - do you think they wouldn't complain?

What I dont understand is that a lot of bugs and glitches dont appear in SP, so why do they appear in MP? Such as the LGM bug and even the server name/IP.

I really enjoy this game but hell, there are a lot of bugs in it even after god knows how many patches. Most of which were introduced with the additional patches. Not to mention EA's complete disregard for the community as a whole. I think that the massive 1.3 CTD with no hotfix released really proved that. Instead, they made an entire new map and game mode and made us wait for months to get around that diabolical problem.
EA/DICE and BF2's really stupid bugs really do taint what is a truely fun, unique and rewarding game.
arnica
+18|6726|Sydney
Good to see the BF community actually praise the game. Well done guys keep it up!!

Great game still imo .. that's I always come back for more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard