Seth Infinite
+3|6782|Houston, The Republic of Texas
UBAR says 40 points IAR.

I had 73 points commanding in Warlord but no badge.
I had 56 points commanding in Ghost Town and no badge.

Do I need to do this in BF2 and not SF or does DICE/EA just not like me anymore?

While I'm asking silly questions...
Isn't a revive considered a heal point? Tried to get my Basic Medical and had 7 or 8 revives in a game, no badge.

Last edited by Seth Infinite (2006-01-01 23:02:59)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6752|Wilmington, DE, US
well 56/2=28
and 73/2=31.5

You need 40 points before the x2
Seth Infinite
Yes, 40 points before the 2x multiplier. So, any score that was doubled would be a round number so please explain the 73.
tiggerr77
+1|6755|Portland, OR
No, a revive does not count as a heal point.  Only medic packs that people pick up count.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6790|The United Center

Seth Infinite wrote:

Yes, 40 points before the 2x multiplier. So, any score that was doubled would be a round number so please explain the 73.
by round number, i'm assuming you meant even number.

in order to calculate score for commanders, BF uses an equation.  the result isn't necessarily a rounded integer and therefore you may have decimals left over.  therefore, when its multiplied, you may end up with an odd number.

yes, you need the 40 points before the 2x multiplier.  no, revives do not count as heals.
Encoded
The bf2s eunuch
+11|6759
You need 40 command points.  If you look in your command window you will see a number at the top of the window which is the amount of command points you have.  You need 40 of those before the round ends. These points do not include your kill points or other points you have received.  It could have been you had your command points doubled and then added to the rest of the points you accumulated equalling 73.

hope that helped
          Stay frosty,
                          Encoded
Seth Infinite
So what everyone is saying is that the best round score on your stats page includes the 2x multiplier. Also, I had high score with my 73 which earned me a gold star. So the scoreboard
at the end of a round shows the 2x number.

Meanwhile I'm going to test my skill at throwing med packs on the ground.
US_JackHammer
+1|6770
Correct, you would need to have at least 80 points in a single round as Commander to get the badge, 73 just wont cut it..
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6777|Singapore
Well that sucks. I wonder how i got my commander badge anyway. Hmm i remembered, i played in a 32 player server and got it.
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6752|Gütersloh, Germany
I had 40 points with the second the round ended but no command badge :\

Last edited by Ali (2006-01-02 03:05:59)

Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6759
if ure a good commander and u have a good team that works together... getting 100+ points on a 64 map with say 24 players should be not so hard ^^
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6884|Scotland!
Actually, i got 50 points as commander on Strike of Karkand (check my profile, it shows my best round = 100)
but I never got any award, because the round lasted less than the desired timelimit...SO no Basic command for me, and no Command ribbon either.
Salomi
+0|6736
Make sure that it is a ranked server as well....
Seth Infinite
The scoreboard at the end of a game shows actual points without the 2x multipier. Same for BR here.

It's starting to sound like 80 is the magical number, not 40.

I always play on ranked servers and I just started playing commander. I really don't want to be commander but, 5 minutes into a game and a couple of request for someone to be commander, I'll take the job if no one else will. What's really funny is when no one will take the spot so I do. Then some idiot by the name of doughboy initiates a mutiny, twice. The next round we played without a commander because doughboy didn't want the job either.

Last edited by Seth Infinite (2006-01-02 16:07:42)

Ali
I got mine today on Sharqi.
I played on a 64 server with just 10 people online. After the round there were 20 on both sides.
The round ended up with 58 commander points and Basic Command and Staff Officer Ribbon for me.
Later today I played again on a 64 map with 10 players. I won the round with 131 points (after 2x).
It's pretty easy to get commander points on a server with a minimum of players
Ryan
+1,230|6886|Alberta, Canada

Ali wrote:

I played on a 64 server with just 10 people online. After the round there were 20 on both sides.
The round ended up with 58 commander points and Basic Command and Staff Officer Ribbon for me.
Later today I played again on a 64 map with 10 players. I won the round with 131 points (after 2x).
well my computer sucks, so i can only play 32 player servers, but what would happen if i tried a 64 player server with like you said, 10 people in it? i heard the rounds last forever, and u are getting sum huggge points. heres my specs:

1.5GHz Pentium 4
ati Radeon 9200 Pro 128MB
512MB RAM
deject
Got His War On
+37|6817|Golden, CO

Encoded wrote:

You need 40 command points.  If you look in your command window you will see a number at the top of the window which is the amount of command points you have.  You need 40 of those before the round ends. These points do not include your kill points or other points you have received.  It could have been you had your command points doubled and then added to the rest of the points you accumulated equalling 73.

hope that helped
          Stay frosty,
                          Encoded
as commander, you don't get any kill points or team points.  the 73 comes from the formula (that no one except EA/DICE knows).
US_JackHammer
+1|6770
Its simly your avrage teamscore, however as players leave and come it adds them seperatly.

I tried to work it out and came very close once with this.

The average score per min of each player on your team that round X by length of round. It was pretty damn close too, within half a point or so.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6743|Chch, New Zealand

Ali wrote:

I did something like that today to get my vert comande badge. Its kinda stats padding though
Seth Infinite
It was 40 points as shown on the commander's screen. And yes, I did get it...thanks.
Vic42
+2|6766|Sacramento, California

US_JackHammer wrote:

Its simly your avrage teamscore, however as players leave and come it adds them seperatly.

I tried to work it out and came very close once with this.

The average score per min of each player on your team that round X by length of round. It was pretty damn close too, within half a point or so.
I read in another thread that as commander, whenever anyone on your team scores a point, you get a fraction of a point equal to (1/the number of players alive at that moment). So if there are 10 on your team, and 8 are alive when somebody scores a kill, you get 1/4 point.

Last edited by Vic42 (2006-01-02 23:51:29)

niomosy
+26|6733

Sondar wrote:

if ure a good commander and u have a good team that works together... getting 100+ points on a 64 map with say 24 players should be not so hard ^^
Agreed.  I was on a 64 map with around 20 players total.  We won and I ended with a 224 score.  Not bad for my first time commanding

High max players with low current players are the ideal maps for many of the badges.  You'll have plenty of time to do what's needed as the tickets won't be dwindling down very fast.  The end result usually means higher scores for several people.
Ali
Like Vic said, it's points scored by members of your team divided by people alive in your team at the moment the point was scored.
If you're lucky and the only teammember alive neutralizes and captures a flag and kills an enemy you get 6 points.
niomosy
+26|6733

ryan_14 wrote:

Ali wrote:

well my computer sucks, so i can only play 32 player servers, but what would happen if i tried a 64 player server with like you said, 10 people in it? i heard the rounds last forever, and u are getting sum huggge points. heres my specs:

1.5GHz Pentium 4
ati Radeon 9200 Pro 128MB
512MB RAM
I dunno, that doesn't sound all that much worse than my 1.4Ghz Pentium M, 512mb RAM (just upgraded to 1gb) and NVidia GeForce FX 5650 128mb (yes, a laptop!)

I work well enough on 64 player maps.  Upgrading the ram is crucial.  I'd love to have a 7200rpm drive as well.

Soon.... I'm buying my new desktop this week or next

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard