-I4nI-Kanyatta
+0|6816
I just became a Sergeant yesterday, and I have Special Forces, so far, before today, I've unlocked the G3, and G36C. I used my 2 unlocks from gaining a rank to get the PKM and the F2000, well, I went on an empty server to test them out, the PKM works just fine and I like it, but for some reason I cannot use the F2000, its Assault right? I have no idea why, but I can only use the default Assault weapon and the G3 in a server.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions, I really don't want to have wasted this unlock.
Arkanon
+3|6736|London, UK
I think that Special Forces unlocks can only be used in Battlefield 2. Not in Special Forces. Weird, but seemingly the way it's made. What's weirder is that Battlefield 2 standard unlocked weapons can be used in Special Forces.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6781|England
when you press the little box to change weapon and the G3 comes up, if you press it again does the F2000 not come up?
Its a pain in the arse, I have to do that to get my new unlocks up. Should be your unlocks to pick by default and press the little arrow to go back to standard weapons if you want to
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6781|England
oh btw if you Are on about ingame on special forces you can only choose the new weapons on SAS/US, if you are on the other side you just get the standard unlocks from BF2 (stupid I know)
D3xter
+1|6735
How exactly do you unlock SF-weapons btw.? I haven't got it yet but just for interest...do you have to wait till you get a new rank or do you automatically get xx unlocks for the ranks you grew or how does it work?
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6799|Brixham, UK
Depending on your rank, you may receive some unlocks after you play and earn points in SF. You don't have to unlock an SF weapon though.

The unlock system is two tiered - you must have the original unlock for a class before the SF one becomes availabel for unlock.
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6877
Nope, the F2000 is the standard weapon of the SAS assault.
But unlocks mustn't be assigned to an army. In BF2 no army has the F2000 as standard weapon, so you can use it as an unlock.
But in SF it isn't like this. mkay? ^^
lmg
+0|6730
Hello.

I am close to having a new unlock, i would like to have the F2000, but when i look at the assult class all i can see is a flashbang. I can see the other SF unlock weapons for the other clases.

Will i get the F2000 if i pick the flashbang?

I have unlocked the G3

Last edited by lmg (2006-01-03 23:33:36)

-I4nI-Kanyatta
+0|6816
next time you get a rank, the drumroll should come up, and you can scroll thru the weapons you can unlock, the F2000 should come up if you have the G3, not flash bang, they need to fix that,

thanks for everyone who answered my question, i didnt know about the "You can't use 2nd tier weapons in Special Forces"
MikeJudge
+0|6729
Same thing as poster. I had BF2 normal box and had G3 unlocked.  I installed SF and patch, got a promotion to corporal (first unlock was at lance corporal).  In BFHQ screen I was prompted to select a weapon to unlock.  I picked f2000.  Now, when I play I never have the option of selecting, though I can still select the G3.  Also, in BFHQ the weapon no longer displays in the assault kit screen, instead only the G3 (unlocked) and Flashbang (locked) show up.

Also, I tried playing just BF2 (non-SF) and the F2000 still doesn't show, either ingame or at BFHQ.

Hmmm.
lmg
+0|6730
thanks for your reply.
MikeJudge
+0|6729
Update on last post. I can now use the F2000 on all regular BF2 maps, but not BF2SF maps, which is what the above posters said.  For example, I can use the F2000 to my hearts content for Strike on Karkland, but not on Ghostown.  So I guess T2 unlocks are next to worthless for SF maps and your unlocks are better spent on weps you can actually use, like the special ops upgrade.
XxSpleefxX
+0|6758
You certainly should be able to use the F2000 on Ghost Town but ONLY if you are playing SAS.  Spetsnatz do not use the F2000, only the AK or the other one (I can't remember the designation right now).  SF weapons are very specific to a particular army so you won't always have the same choices.  You get used to BF2 being either USMC or something else so if you always play USMC then your weapons are always the same.  In SF, you cannot always play the same side from map to map so there will be different weapons choices.  Also, some of my BF unlocks are available in SF, such as the PKM and M95.  I installed SF when I was already a Gunny and I instantly received 3 SF unlocks as a result of my current rank at that time.

HTH

Last edited by XxSpleefxX (2006-01-06 11:26:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard