DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6771|Germany, near Koblenz
I'm wondering if you feel like me too: There are still a lot of awards to go, but since career points are meaningless now and the only visible award for your further effort is a step on the leader board, the "kick" has gone. Perhaps becoming a General was way to easy?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6660|Gold coast, Aus.

DerGraueWolf wrote:

I'm wondering if you feel like me too: There are still a lot of awards to go, but since career points are meaningless now and the only visible award for your further effort is a step on the leader board, the "kick" has gone. Perhaps becoming a General was way to easy?
Back to BF2. All the smart people have.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6754
yup, as soon as I hit general (will be either tomorrow or wed.) I'm taking a break to go back to my beloved Karkand. It will help me ride out the rush of christmas-noobs, noo.
Krysiss
+15|6513|NL

DerGraueWolf wrote:

Way to easy, omg rolf.
and you have to be general to think of that ..

sorry mate but Bf2142 is already nerfed for 12 year people or lower.(ranks or weapons it doesn't matter)
Zukabazuka
+23|6724
shut up about it that its for 12 years old. They wouldn't be able to win a map even if they tried.

Anyway there are shit loads of medals you can get and Gold badges. so these will keep you busy for a long time.
Zefar
+116|6688|Sweden
How about trying to get Supreme commander and the other ranks that need special reqs?
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6780|OctoLand
will there be new ranks in upcoming patches do you think?
I know fucking karate
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6761|Oregon
i agree...it took me just over a month to get to brig gen. in 2142. rediculous.

i dont see how they possibly could add more ranks in a patch, but they should....

i would to brig. gen. in bf2 by now, but i have so many secondary accounts with 5k points, 3k points (Rampid_Oktober, IThinkTheAnswerIs42, meh.McPwned, meh.McOwned, etc.). i just get soo tired of not hearing the drumroll...i have to start new accounts to make me feel special.

ranks are a state of mind...if your good, your good. and you play to have fun. here is a SS of Skruples and I  owing 7-stars worth of generals in the helos (pointwise) tonight. its all about how much fun you have. ranks dont really matter.

https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/Whiskey_Oktober/screen019.jpg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6604|Area 51
Its kinda simple..only played for like 60 hours and i'm like a Captain Gold allready...the game is soo easy..
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6558|Adelaide, South Australia

gene_pool wrote:

DerGraueWolf wrote:

The smart people never left BF2.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6866|Australia
i play for my K D and ranking with the krylov
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6607

Zukabazuka wrote:

shut up about it that its for 12 years old. They wouldn't be able to win a map even if they tried.
Unfortunately Krysiss is right and the game is made for total newbs. The last Bastion of skill was even newbified with the last 1.1 patch. The TV missiles can now be easily steered into the target. I never enjoyed playing 2142 because it's way to easy and meanwhile i only play 2142 if there is a new patch released to see how the game is now.

Until a new real good game is released i'll stick with BF2.
Zefar
+116|6688|Sweden
Get me a 12 year old kid that can controll the TV missle because I didn't notice any big change in it.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6814|EUR
Ive stopped with this game all together. It is really boring, if the desire to go on is just for some rank or medal then I really think you need to go out and buy another game.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6686|I smell corners

gene_pool wrote:

Zefar
+116|6688|Sweden
Actually Smart people stay the hell away from games they don't like. So all of you who agreed to gene_pool clearly ain't smart.

Last edited by Zefar (2006-12-26 07:12:32)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6799

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

yup, as soon as I hit general (will be either tomorrow or wed.) I'm taking a break to go back to my beloved Karkand. It will help me ride out the rush of christmas-noobs, noo.
Karkand? avoiding noobs? are you crazy?
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6780|OctoLand
Bring on World in Conflict, can't wait for that fucking game.
I know fucking karate
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6694|UK
i think both games are great, get a load of mates and have a good go at killing one and other, all while you are on TS, but once i am top rank, dunnno if il still play, almost got all my golds to, but really i am working for the WCR
Volatile
+252|6743|Sextupling in Empire

Zefar wrote:

Actually Smart people stay the hell away from games they don't like. So all of you who agreed to gene_pool clearly ain't smart.
QFT
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6780|OctoLand
Career points should be scrapped IMO, then it will be more of a challenge and not just any noob will get high ranks. That's why I only play one kit, I focus only on global points, I want to get as little "free" points as possible.
I know fucking karate
NZDeathBoy
+20|6739|Chch, New Zealand
I hit brig a few days back, and i have a a fair chunk of my ribbons and my experts. So there isn't really anything keeping me going in 2142, I'm top commander in NZ and AUS and pretty high up in NZ total standings... But other than staying in the top... what is there keeping me playing???

I was starting to get over bf2 when 2142 came out. I was sick of all the jet and chopper whores. Every map i went i was getting base rapped by the j10 or the choppers, and inf maps are friggin useless without cars, as maps like jalalabad you can't get anywhere fast enough.

And you can only play kark or jallabad only servers for so long before you get bored shitless.

So I'll properly just play neither really, start playing some single players like stronghold or something.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6817|Long Island

Zefar wrote:

How about trying to get Supreme commander and the other ranks that need special reqs?
exactly what i was thinking.  now that you are general, go for the harder ranks and try to get to the top, ultimate goal, supreme commander.  go for the hall of fame.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6739|Chch, New Zealand
But to get that high,  you need to have no life no job and get a huge amount of points, cuase you have to be in the the top 'x' number in the world to get any higher ranks
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6585
Started playing Guildwars. I will probably go back to BF2 soon since i'm starting to miss bombing the hell out of people and my joystick needs a good dusting.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard