Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6702|Belgium
(Stealing Serge's format)

Name: Pierre
Finaly settled with my wife, no kids
Profession: lawyer and judge
Education: law (Duh...)
Languages: Dutch, French, English, some German and Italian.
Instruments: none (anymore)
Interests: motorriding, videogames (BF2 was my first and only so far)
Political Leanings: pretty conservative in the early days, moderate left euro style nowadays (I've seen the light)
Religion: christian
Music: all sorts of music, from classical (Rachmaninov, Puccini, etc.) to U2 and many others
Movies: depends on the mood, sci-fi, history, drama, I liked 'Saving Pvt Ryan
Books: very little time, used to be fiction and thrillers (Ludlum)
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6735|Charlie One Alpha

ghettoperson wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Hows IB I'm considering going into that program... I heard it was challenging. But I'm quite intelligent and I'd be up to the challenge.
IB = International Baccalaureate?
Yeah, that's right.

As to how it is, it's a lot of work and not a great deal of fun, but it seems to have worked and got me plenty of offers from university with fairly average grades, so I can only assume that it's helped.

I'll add a note about pictures in the OP.
Actually, I've done the IB program and I have to disagree with you. I did the 'advanced' level and it was a piece of cake. I now study English Language and Culture / American Studies and I can't really say that the IB program has helped a lot. I picked up a couple of useful things.. but the certificate of completion isn't really worth anything.

EDIT: I'm also 20 years old, a student at university as stated above, and I live in the Netherlands. That's pretty much the essentials.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2007-02-14 18:25:47)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6393|Columbus, Ohio
Name: Tyler

Reside: Columbus, Ohio

Profession: Airline Management

Education: BS Aviation Management.  Numerous FAA licenses.

Languages: English

Instruments: I don't play shit.

Interests: Football, airplanes, beer, military style video games

Political Leanings: I just hate liberals.

Religion: None

Music: Rock

Video: As long as it is close to real life.  (no sci-fi)

Hero: Marines

Books: "Because they hate"
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6555|Global Command

stryyker wrote:

Can we participate in this if we frequent the D&ST in bursts?
you can fer sure.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=63921
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6746|California

ATG wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Can we participate in this if we frequent the D&ST in bursts?
you can fer sure.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=63921
Most excellence

Name: Tyler

Reside: Dana Point, CA

Profession: Student/Part time graphics designer/wedding video helper guy

Education: 11th Grade, and all it entails

Languages: English, broken Spanish, Sign Language

Instruments: Flute (gay, I know), Concert Violin (gave up in 6th grade)

Interests: Weapons, explosives, war (WWII in particular), Photoshop, cars, computers, Gears of War (>you)

Political Leanings: I have been branded by my teachers as both sides of the scale, so my answer stands at militant midfielder (with most hits going right)

Religion: Raised Catholic/Christian, was a Mormon for a year, now I am not oriented.

Music: Rock, classical, techno, trance, blues

Video: All the great directors, Scorseze, Jackson, Hitchcock, Tarentino to name a few.

Hero: Carlos Hathcock

Books: "The Art of War", "Band of Brothers", "East of Eden"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6627|132 and Bush

Name: Kerry

Reside: Tampa, Fl USA

Profession: Commercial Real Estate

Languages: English, Spanish

Interests: Digital Photography and Geekdom

Political Leanings: Nearly center, varies by issue.

Legal Immigrant ancestors from: France, Ireland

Religion: Raised Catholic

Music: All

Books: Last one was "Never Quit the fight"

Website: http://www.myspace.com/stormtampa (I know it's Myspace but that's all your getting )

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-04-04 15:30:23)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6676
The names Teddy and I'm 17. Im a pretty international guy as I lived in various places due to my parents work. I lived in Sydney, Australia, London, Singapore and now Oslo. I am half Norwegian half English and I am currently doing the IB course at the international school. However, Im soon done and Ill be heading off to uni in England most likely to study either buisness or law. I speak Norwegian, English, French and a bit of spanish and I gues you can subcatorgorize Swedish and Danish.

My hobbies include football, rock climbing, twin tipping, badminton, socializing ,playing games occasionally and partying like fuckin' crazy.

I have a twin

Music: Rock and party music(elektro,etc)

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2007-02-14 21:53:39)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6748|Sydney, Australia
Stickied as per the request.

Mcminty.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6701|Canberra, AUS
Well... since everyone's using that format I'll redo mine

Name: HongAn Le

Residence: Canberra, Australia

Profession (or aim): Quantum/particle physics

Religion: Montheistic/Atheistic

Music: All except heavy metal

Languages: English, a bit of Vietnamese and a bit of Chinese and a very very small bit of French

Books: Take Back the Right (Philip Gold)

Interests: All sciences, basically. Except human biology.

Poltical leanings: centre-left
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6588
For the record, I won't be reading this thread, and I'm only doing this to get into the interview series.  Why won't I be reading them?  Because I prefer to judge people based on the quality of their writings.......anyways...........

Name: Callum

Political stance:  What Americans would probably call far left, but what Australians would probably call moderate left

Interests:  Well I'll have to say philosophy and history, seeing as how I am studying them .  International politics/world affairs as well (again, obviously).  Sci-fi.

Hobbies:  Gaming (well, duh).  As well as PC, tabletop and board.  Volunteering (I figure I do it often enough to call it a hobby).  Uh...........that's about it.

Other:  Don't smoke or drink (not that I have anything against alcohol, I just have yet to find an alcoholic beverage that doesn't taste like shite to me, and don't see the point in drinking just to get drunk).  Heroin addict.

Just kidding.

And now, drumroll please:

Edit:  Just so you all know, ATG gets first dibs on the interview.  Sorry, but he has earned it.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2007-02-15 06:34:55)

Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6388|Vancouver

From: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The suburbs, actually, but likely you've never heard of my hometown.

Education: History Major at Simon Fraser University

Languages: English, rudimentary French

Interests: Politics, skiing, golfing, classic rock music, RPGs, history, literature (poetry, especially Keats and Shelley), hockey.

Political Leanings: Traditionally, left-wing. But my views do differ on some subjects. I belong to the Liberal Party of Canada, officially.

Religion: None.

Music: Classic Rock. The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Supertramp, Steve Miller Band, Van Halen, Boston, Aerosmith, April Wine, The Doors, Lynard Skynard, The Kinks, The Guess Who, Journey, The Clash, Pink Floyd, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, ZZ Top, The Police, Queen, CSNY, Neil Young, Heart, The Beatles, Rush, Eric Clapton, Cream, The Yardbirds, Derek & The Dominoes, T. Rex, Allman Brothers Band, Trooper, The Cars, Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band, Nazareth

Films: [i]Die Hard, The Waterboy, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Borat: Cultural Learnings of American for Make Benefit Glorius Nation of Kazakhstan, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Wayne's World, Snakes On A Plane, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Blood Diamond, Remember The Titans, Con Air, Happy Gilmore, Shanghai Noon, Hot Shots! Part Deux, The Truman Show, National Lampoon's Animal House, Tommy, Three Kings, The Kids Are Alright, The Transformers: The Movie, Transformers, Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle, The Blues Brothers

Last edited by Drakef (2007-08-05 18:31:20)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6711|United States of America
What the hell, I'll go ahead and do this casually late-like the cool kids do.
Name- Nick
Born and raised in Northwest Indiana in a somewhat close proximity to Chicago. Besides English, I speak decent German but would like to learn more. I have been Roman Catholic all my life and don't see a reason to stop yet. I don't really play any instruments but I can do a few tunes on the piano and would like to learn how to play bagpipes.
For entertainment, I do not limit myself to recent films. I will watch classics no matter how boring they may sound in order to see what is so special about them. I partake moreso in rock and roll music of the 1960s and so forth but I also listen to much from the '70s, some from the '80s, and more than a few '90s songs. I also enjoy the odd classical song, some swing and jazz and early songs from the 1930s-50s-ish. One of my largest interests is history, moreso modern than ancient. The History Channel is usually what my TV is tuned in to and I really enjoy learning historical information.
Politically, I am a self-described centrist. Some may disagree with my findings but I can stretch to have aspects of anywhere on the spectrum.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6306
Well I'm probably gonna be a regular, so here goes. And I'm stealing Marco's format 'cause it's spiffy.

Name: Let's just keep it as Skull, shall we. Our given name, we hatess it

Reside: Oregon

Profession: I don't have to pick just one do I? Leatherworker, metalworker, troublemaker

Education: Some from college and lots from the results of some stupid choices

Languages: English and bastardized Netspeak.

Instruments: Usually surgical in nature.

Interests: Firearms, knives and swords, gaming both video and rpg, coffee, women, BDSM, big frickin' stompy boots with spiky bits, comic books, action figures and other collectible knicknacks, politics, coffee, women and other stuff I can't think of because it's 4 in the frickin' morning

Political Leanings: Pretty damn leftist. I tend to refer to myself as an anarcho-cynicalist. I'd love to see an end to heirarchy in human society but I know humanity is too damn immature to function like that at this point in our development.

Religion: Neopagan

Music: Lots of stuff. I tend to go for old Goth stuff, obscure soundtrack material, some death metal, old-school rap before it went so horribly commercial, etc.

Video: Anime, asian horror as long as it's not a complete gorefest with no plot, comedy, action as long as it's not some boneheaded "America saves teh world" crap

Hero: Bruce Campbell.

Books: A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin, American Gods and Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

And just because I'm feeling unpleasant, possibly one of the worst ever pictures of me:
https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/Skullhunter/41620192_l.jpg

Last edited by HunterOfSkulls (2007-02-17 04:58:27)

paper_pieon
+7|6330
is there any fucking Australians here??

names Adam, 18, work in a supermarket, live in a town called Mildura, which is in a state called Victoria!
love bf2, waste most of my time out in pubs or on the forums
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)
*updated my post - new format, more info*
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6771|I'm worldwide, beotch
I honestly expected to see a few more people with a service backgroud considering the often military-theme of some of the material we talk about. Here's to more bickering!!

Name: Patrick

Reside: Florida

Profession: Communication & information systems officer (Navy) - if I told you, I'd have to kill you...

Education: BS in Writing, concentration in physics

Political Leanings: "Kill their people and destroy their stuff until they see things our way"

Books: Anything technical about cars or the history of warfare
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6306

Parker wrote:

another welcome from one knife enthusiast to another.
and that is one cool pic man....
Thanks, but I look like hammered goatshit in it.

Anyway, you'll probably dig this one though, just a link because the pic is way too big.

Rob Criswell Prototype

Picked that up about three or four years ago at a local knife shop in Portland.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6645|InGerLand
Hi my names Sam
I'm 16 unemployed and therefore broke, but hey at least i'm relatively happy with my life

I am originally from Wakefield in Yorkshire but my family moved me around far too much and currently i live in some dumpy little town in Northamptonshire where i study AS level History, Psychology, Biology, and Chemistry.

Hobbies: Athletics, Bf2/2142, drinking whenever i can, travelling to other countries and cultures, and pursuing jobs.

Politics: Labour supporter (although this is more due to a lack of a better alternative, at least the world still turns with Labour in power)

Music Tastes: Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Mew, Kaiser Cheifs, The Killers, Snow Patrol, Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, Sigur Ros, Faithless, Kasabian, Foo Fighters, Placebo etc

Religion: Agnostic though heavily anti-organised religion due to bad experiances with christians in the past (i'm sure there are plenty of nice religious people out there but i've only met a handful of them compared to the dozens of really nasty motherfuckers i've met)
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6317|Éire
Hello everybody...

Time to step out slightly from behind the veil of secrecy an internet forum affords... My name is Sean (like shed with an 'n' instead of the 'd') but my slave name is Johnny, I'm from the North West of Ireland originally but I've been living in Dublin for the last 7 years. I'm 25 years old.

I'm a graphic designer working for a small publishing company that run a number of magazines but I'm also studying for a masters in Multimedia at the same time (I have an honours degree in Visual Communication already). I'm a proud Irish Republican who has no faith whatsoever in any of the mainstream Political parties but is a little wary of what Sinn Fein might do to our economy if they got in.

I speak English, Gaeilge and French and have traveled, thus far, to England (Mansfield & London), Scotland (Glasgow & Edinburgh), The Netherlands (Amsterdam), Belgium (Bus-stop on the way to Amsterdam), France (Paris), Spain (Barcelona, Reus & Ibiza), Germany (Berlin & Frankfurt) and the US (New York).

My hobbies include:

Music: I have been playing bass for 10 years and own a Washburn MB-6 six string, an Ibanez custom made fretless and a Dean Pace electric upright bass. My favourite bands are Pink Floyd, Primus, Frank Zappa, Nine Inch Nails, Einstürzende Neubauten, Aphex Twin, Talking Heads, Radiohead and so on and so on. I hate Boy Bands, James Blunt, anything that gets played on the radio and anything that anyone else likes before I do!

Films: I have an intimidating DVD collection of about 600 or so DVDs. I like mostly world cinema; mainly modern French movies like 'Irreversible' and 'Doberman' and weird movies that no one has heard of and make no ostensible sense like 'Possession' by Andrej Zulawski and 'Fear X' by Nicholas Winding Refn. I also love American independent film (e.g. L.I.E. by Michael Cuesta, 'The Machinist' by Brad Anderson, anything by David Lynch and the early work of the Coen Bros.) but hate 98% of what comes out of Hollywood.

Sport: Soccer (devoted Celtic and Arsenal supporter; i have family connections to both teams but if they played each other I'd support Celtic), I used to be a goalkeeper but don't get the chance to play as much these days. I'm big into Kickboxing and weight lifting and have been training for the last 5 years or so, I used to fight for a club in Dublin but again I don't seem to have enough time these days and can only train in my gym at home. I also follow professional boxing, mostly American fights, I find them more entertaining and competitive.

Religion/Philosophy: I'm an atheist but consider myself to still be quite a spiritual person, of all 'religions' I think Buddhism has something to it as it doesn't necesarily adhere to the idea of a God but to the idea that we all came from the one beginning and are all made of the same cosmic material ...I like that! Nature and the universe are enough of a miracle for me, I don't need the idea of a God or a heaven.

Musical Hero: Les Claypool

Movie Hero(es): Robert DeNiro, Takeshi Kitano & Mickey Rourke (great tough guy who supports the Irish cause)

Political Hero: Che Guevara
Bernadictus
+1,055|6763

As one of the moderators, I would be helpfull if you had some intel on me.

Name: Bernard Westerdijk

Image comming soon

From: Lelystad, Province of Flevoland, Kingdom of the Netherlands

Reside: Baarn, Province of Utrecht, Kingdom of the Netherlands

Education: MBO IT Media Technology & Production / Desktop Publishing

Profession: Desktop Publisher

Languages: Dutch, French, German, English

Interests: Design, Art, History, Scuba-Diving, Gaming.

Political Leanings: Center Right. VVD / PVV supporter. Anti-EU as in economical.

Religion: Atheist, but open to discussion.

Music Taste: From Norah Jones to Within Tempatation. If it sounds right I like it.

Movie Taste: Again, if it is a good movie, I like it.

Travels: France, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Turkey, US of A, Germany.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6836|Nårvei

Name: Stig

Status: Married with 3 children, Station Wagon but no dog (allergy)

Reside: Kolbotn (small town just south of Oslo)

Education: Electrician, Logistics, Millitary

Profession: Logistics Engineer at a Toyota dealership

Languages: English and tads of German (enough to not starve to death should i find myself alone in Germany)

Interests: Computer games, Movies, History (ancient in particular), Books, Music and Nature

Political Leanings: Moderate (not member of any political party)

Religion: Guess i`m a Christian, haven`t really thought much about it

'Heroes': The guy tough enough stand up for himself and his believes

Music Taste: A wide range spanning from Mozart/Verdi to Linkin Park/Rage against the machine

Movie Taste: Kelly`s Heroes, Star Wars (all of them), Peter Sellers movies, Monty Python of course, Black Comedy, LOTR and quite a few others (collection currently at 450 Dvd`s)

Travels: Most of Europe with Italy as my fav so far, Jamaica, Barbados, USA (New York only), want to go to South America next ...

Television veiwing: Seldom watch television

Video Games: BF series, Total War series, Pirates, Medal of Honor series, Baldurs Gate, all the early Sid Meier titles
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6791|Dallas
I'm stealing Bernie's format.

Name: Andrew ***

Insert Rob Thomas/Toby MacGuire pic here

Reside: Dallas, Texas

Education: USAF 3C051 Technical training, A+, MCSE, various UNIX stuff and some informal Network Engineering training

Profession: Service Desk Tech for a hospital in Boston and a pharmaceutical company in Scotland.

Languages: English

Interests: Gaming, smoking, hunting, various forms of ATV riding.

Political Leanings: Center Right.

Religion: Christian-ish.

Music Taste: Rock, Alt Rock, Classical,

Movie Taste: If it is a good movie, I like it.

Travels: Classified
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6777
Name: Tim

Reside: Glasgow, Scotland, UK, Great Britain.

Education: Bsc Hons Internet Software Development.

Profession: Web Developer / Web Designer

Languages: English, very small bit of German.

Interests: Watching football (soccer), playing football (soccer), playing computer games, watching movies, getting fit, girlfriend, enjoying life. (in no particular order)

Political Leanings: None right now.

Religion: None (Jedi!)

Music Taste: Indie, Indie Rock, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal(ish), Classical, brit pop

Movie Taste: Very wide taste from Akita to the Breakup, from Babe to SAW, from Munich to The Wedding Crashers, from Hero to Trainspotters.

Travels: Been to England, Wales, N.Irland, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxenburg, Cyprus, Canada and America. Want to go to China, Japan, Hong Kong, Oz, Egypt and basically anywhere of historic value which has some wonders of the world (past and present).
Schlemstar
+1|6296
Name: Mike (in game - Schlemstar)

Reside: Indianapolis, IN

Education: BS Aeronautical Technology, Purdue University
                FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Technician

Profession: Avionics Manager of business-class aircraft repair station.

Languages: English, a little French, a bit of German, and more & more Spanish every day for some reason - this is AMERICA isn't it? lol.

Interests: Watching sports, UFC, computers & video games, home theater, HDTV, playing with my kids.  Playing a lot of BF2 again, 2142 just doesn't grab me.  Also play Guild Wars, Oblivion, HL2, Lego Star Wars, KOTOR2, Company of Heroes, COD2, and been kickin it with Tiger Woods 2004 a little lately too.  Still miss the old Star Wars Galaxies, anything before NGE - best video game I've ever played period.  Those that know hurt with me too...

Music Taste: Varied.  Pretty much everything except folk, country, gospel, & thug-rap.  Liking jazz more as I get older.  Dave Brubek is a fave.

Movie Taste: Mostly action/adventure/comedy.  Some drama.  Favorites being LOTR, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Spider-man, X-Men, Matrix, that sort of thing.

Travels: Been to France, Canada and to three of the four corners of the continental US.  Haven't been to the Northeast yet.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6492|Melbourne - Home of Football
Name: Joel

Background: Australian, of Australian for approximately 5 generations (yes that's quite a while in this country) and European heritage.

Interests: Gaming (in a BF2 and BF2142 clan) , Any kind of competitive sport (Running, Tennis, Football, Paintball, Pool),  News and Current Affairs and subsequent debate on issues arising from them, Beer and Red Wine on occasion, Cars, Technology.

Education / Work: Currently studying a Bachelor's Degree in International Relations at LaTrobe University in Melbourne, through high school and this first year of uni I've focused on the english language, history, politics and economics. Work part time whenever and wherever I can to keep money going in, rather than going out.

Likely Debate Leaning: In my teenage years, I was very far left, I generally supported the idea of socialism, though I always maintained that communism may have been an ideal theory, but was thoroughly impractical with greed being an essential component of humanity. Now I'm probably just left of centre, I feel passionate about human rights, especially the rights of refugees, a big issue in Australia, and in general on social issues I'll lean left, though not without exception. Yet I also have strident views on defence, in terms of Australia, and I believe this country and the USA and the UK entering Iraq was a mistake, and I marched against it at the time. The situation now is a terribly complicated and messy one, and I don't think a definitive answer has emerged yet of how we should act, though like all people, I'd like to see the troops from my country come home. Finally, in economic terms, I have accepted the way the world will increasingly be capitalist and consumerist, though I do not think this should be allowed to exist completely unfettered. There must always be controls and measures to protect the consumer from oligarchical or monopolistic corporations, and a safety net for those not as fortunate, not as skilled and even those who cannot work hard, through choice or otherwise. A fundamental level of living should be available to all people when there are so many with so much.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard