RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6567|Oxford
Has this been posted before?

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jsp … dID=169916

Hello, soldiers. Welcome to the debriefing.

MadMan asked me to post an announcement concerning if Battlefield 2 will see another update after 1.41. Obviously, I'm not on the DICE Live Team so I can't guarantee a patch or a timeline, but I do have some information.

Will there be another update?
The support teams (both here, in the US, and in other parts of the world) have worked to compile a proper list of all of the fixes and additions you have asked for. The list is based on our own experiences with the game, contacts to our support team, and the incredibly helpful posts from you, the community members, that tell us what needs to change. This list goes directly to the DICE Live Team and, if the list contains enough information to verify and fix the requested items, there is a very good chance that you will see another Battlefield 2 update.

When will you know for sure? Where should you check for more information?
As soon as there is any information about a possible update, it will be posted in the forums either by an EA employee, like me, or by one of your moderators, like MadMan. You can also check the official Battlefield page for news and updates. I really don't know what kind of timeline you can expect. We just came out of the holiday season which is very busy for all of the teams at EA, so we just have to keep a lookout for any updates and keep giving DICE the information they need.

How can you help?
When a moderator or admin creates a thread asking about issues, feedback, ideas, and the like, make sure your post is constructive, has helpful details, and is on topic. Things like your hardware information, detail about the steps you've taken to resolve an issue, accurate counts of how often something occurs, or good information to back your ideas is all very helpful in not only convincing development teams to make changes, but in allowing them and the testing teams to reproduce the issue so that they can research and fix it.

Before I finish out this post, I'd just like to thank all of you again for your dedication to the game. Your posts have been incredibly central to the push for an update. If the a game had a heartbeat, it would be here, in the community who loves a game and fights to make it better.

Feel free to reply or PM any questions or comments.

See you on the battlefield.

~Violet
YXAndyYX
tank/plane/helo wh0ring since 2005
+8|6728|good old europe
Sounds good on the one hand but on the other hand it's still DICE doing the job, so even if they bring out another patch it will only be full of new bugs...
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6589|Reisterstown, MD

I bet anything two things will get nerfed.  The j-10 and the G36E.  People whining = something getting nerfed.
Des.Kmal
+917|6616|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

killer21 wrote:

I bet anything two things will get nerfed.  The j-10 and the G36E.  People whining = something getting nerfed.
rofl, they done care about bf2 to nerf anything.... i will bet money on that.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
HeRbY
+13|6314
I thought they were gonna give up fucking bf2 up after bf2142 came out.
LockerFish
+47|6704
I wouldn't be completely against the J-10 getting toned down. But not the G36E. I only say this because it's a lot easier to use positioning and squadmates to take down enemies. Positioning and tactics mean NOTHING against a bomb...
Stealth_Bain
+19|6495|England, United Kingdom
Every patch means something else is ruined, sucks! the blackhawk is useless now,  may as well be a flying coffin! along with many other weapons, the GLs have a tiny splash damage etc, they should reset the moaners accounts and refund them, let the real players have fun!
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6480
please god not ANOTHER patch they have done enough with there crappy pathes not another to make it even worse fuck sakes
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6589|Reisterstown, MD

If they are working on another patch, the thing I want them to fix is the freaking CTD you get when u pick up a kit sometimes.  That is very annoying.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
Chinese City Map

Chinese City Map

Rebalance J-10

Chinese City Map

Chinese City Map.
.cat.
+4|6338
what? another patch... You mean they havent fixed the blue red bug yet? sigh
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6523|dunno

killer21 wrote:

They dont need to nerf the j-10 it is fine the way it is they need to fix the jet they nerfed to death the f-35.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

killer21 wrote:

If they are working on another patch, the thing I want them to fix is the freaking CTD you get when u pick up a kit sometimes.  That is very annoying.
AHHH! so! this IS common! I thought I was just an unlucky guy.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6532|Cardiff
well i hope they do summat about the mini guns..altho tbh i thought they were way too lethal originally (even if i did get my best round using them :s)

i reckon if they ever do change em (doubtfull) they should be a medium of b4 and now.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

If everybody hammered on about the useless blackhawks, more maps, the J10 unbalance issue (ingame videos etc) and posted them ALL over those EA forums, I still doubt they'd "fix it".
.cat.
+4|6338

The_Killer wrote:

killer21 wrote:

They dont need to nerf the j-10 it is fine the way it is they need to fix the jet they nerfed to death the f-35.
I dont think they need to nerf the vehicle in general, I think they should just get rid of the heat seeking Air to Air. Remember in 42 when dogfighting was almost an art with each individual plane having its own characteristics of balance? I just think its retarded for someone to be able to jump in a j10, fire 2 and forget. The only advantage the 35 has against the j10 is alt stability. against a good j10 pilot its almost an automatic death. Now take away those heat seeks and you have a dog fight with the j10 and f35.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

.cat. wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

killer21 wrote:

I dont think they need to nerf the vehicle in general, I think they should just get rid of the heat seeking Air to Air. Remember in 42 when dogfighting was almost an art with each individual plane having its own characteristics of balance? I just think its retarded for someone to be able to jump in a j10, fire 2 and forget. The only advantage the 35 has against the j10 is alt stability. against a good j10 pilot its almost an automatic death. Now take away those heat seeks and you have a dog fight with the j10 and f35.
Erm, yes, thats because they didnt have heat seaking missiles in 1942. Spitfires, Hurricanes, Stukas, Messerschmits, Zeros, Mustangs etc...all machine guns - and a few rockets on was it the typhoon? Forget now.
Modern jets dont fight it out with "dumbfire missiles" or rockets. Yes, ok, it is more skillful for game terms - but not realistic approach they aimed to get with BF2 and not how the war on the "modern battlefield" is fought.
It would also completely make a totally laughable comparision between SAM and A to A missiles. One lot are heat seaking, the others arent. Brilliant.

Last edited by Snake (2007-01-17 14:52:09)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6691|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

.cat. wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

killer21 wrote:

That's the Desert Combat Mod you're talking about.
LoonykStephane
+34|6535|Kingston,Ontario,Canada

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Chinese City Map

Chinese City Map

Rebalance J-10

Chinese City Map

Chinese City Map.
Oh...you want a Chinese City Map... it would be great with another map for BF2-SF. How about a Night-Karkand ???
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6314|Newcastle UK
I Hope They Revert !
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

I love the lack of details
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6567
Blubb

Last edited by fierce (2007-01-17 15:48:27)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

BF 1942 dogfights, werent just one on one always... I got pretty evil with the AA guns in 1942.

But as for this current vaporpatch, i doubt theyll be any reverts (Blackhawk!) maybe it'll be that damn pesky kit CTD.  Besides the slight annoyances,  I don't know of much there is worth making a new patch for and potentially ass raping the game again like 1.3
montypythizzle
+21|6601

Hurricane wrote:

Patch 1.5 WISHLIST

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61132
i agree FULLY

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard