justice
OctoPoster
+978|6783|OctoLand
Hi, I have a serious problem....every time i get onto a server i losse my connection after 10 secs every time. I have uninstalled and re-patched about 6 times and no luck....ive done everything....PLEASE HELP!!!
I know fucking karate
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6890|San Francisco

We need more info, like what kind of internet connection you are on and such. It doesn't sound like a problem with bf2, more likely to be something with your connection. Have you experienced these connection losses with other programs, like aim/icq/etc.? Help us help you!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6783|OctoLand
im on bulldog wireless broadband....this has never happened before, its a very fast connection....any more info you need?...ive played the game for a long time so im really confused about this.
I know fucking karate
Godsend_lfc
+0|6791
I've been getting this a LOT today myself. I have a cable connection and my other games run perfectly fine.
what the heck is going on?!!?!?
GTKtino
+0|6812
look around here http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=3566 since pb released another maintainance update on 11/11/05 yesterday!  and im getting the same problem again. it is because pb cant update therefore making you disconnect , freeze, etc.

*edit: run the pb auto update, its .exe i think , from their website. if not manually do all the updates

Last edited by GTKtino (2005-11-12 15:52:14)

Godsend_lfc
+0|6791
what is PB? punk buster? how do we run that update?
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6818|UK
Download this and read this and you'll be this --> .
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Milk.org (2005-11-12 16:37:58)

GTKtino
+0|6812

Milk.org wrote:

Download this and read this and you'll be this --> .
Hope this helps.
ha ha, damn im having the same problem all over again. i tried that didnt seem to solve it. freakin pb!! somehow everytime they do their maintainance they mess my files up, now im going to reinstall
Throwawaymoniker
+0|6795
What's up GTK?  Back again with the same problem as a couple of weeks ago. The PB update fixed it up last time, but not this time.  It's different anyway. The last time I think we were both getting the freeze, then a message that PB kicked for some reason. This time it's a freeze, then after about a minute it just goes to game message: your connection to the server has been lost.  F'ing strange that both times happened the day after a PB update though....

Anyway, some people over on the gamefaq board are having the same issue. One guy said the reinstall didn't do anything. Let me know if it works for you.
GTKtino
+0|6812
WOW. thats freakin strange. thats true this time the updates wont work. and true; after about a minute it says connection failed or terminated. but ah I got tired of trying new stuff so I went off to americas army.

this is what ive tried so far:
change the files around different folders-kicks me out but for "no packet flow"
reinstall game, and all updates-nothing, same freeze and disconnection

so i wonder what it is this time because pb did another update on 11/11/05 at about 9:30pm
Bloody Sky
+2|6886|Texas
Well, well. I am having this problem as well. I play for about 30 seconds then my game freezes (no sound, nothing) then about 45 seconds later it comes back with a "Your connection was lost to the server" or w/e.

We all (meaning us 3 and some others not everyone who plays BF2 in general) had that about a few weeks ago.

Ah, this is crap. I sure as Hell hope Battlefield 2 : Special Forces isn't as bad as this!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6783|OctoLand
So what the hell do i do? Just never play again?.....sucks
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6783|OctoLand
bloddy sky i saw in another thread that you have the same pc and video card as me......hmmmmm
I know fucking karate
Throwawaymoniker
+0|6795

Bloody Sky wrote:

Well, well. I am having this problem as well. I play for about 30 seconds then my game freezes (no sound, nothing) then about 45 seconds later it comes back with a "Your connection was lost to the server" or w/e.

We all (meaning us 3 and some others not everyone who plays BF2 in general) had that about a few weeks ago.

Ah, this is crap. I sure as Hell hope Battlefield 2 : Special Forces isn't as bad as this!
That's right, I remember you were having the problem in October, too.  What is your computer again?  I think I recall at least one other person had the same maching as me: HP Media Center with ATI RADEON Xpress 200 Series.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6863|Delaware

Throwawaymoniker wrote:

Bloody Sky wrote:

That's right, I remember you were having the problem in October, too.  What is your computer again?  I think I recall at least one other person had the same maching as me: HP Media Center with ATI RADEON Xpress 200 Series.
You have the same Graphics card as me, different machine though. I am experiencing this problem as well. I'm not quitting fixing it yet, although I may just stick to Neverwinter Nights or Civilization 4 until Special Forces comes out.
Bloody Sky
+2|6886|Texas

Throwawaymoniker wrote:

Yeah I got an HP Pavilion a1130n with Media Center and XP Pro. (I ususally chose XP Pro at start-up insted of Media Center.)
And Graphics Card; nVidia GeForce 6600TD PCI-E

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard